“Nice hotel”
Review of Gaju Suite Hotel

Gaju Suite Hotel
Ranked #39 of 210 Hotels in Kathmandu
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Home away from home this is what I felt about during my stay. I felt so comfortable with the services they provides. Rooms are very clean and beautiful, nice housekeeping. Restaurant at the top floor is amazing loved the dinning with live music. The most impressive thing I love was the friendliness of staff, they were always ready for the services. That's what the hospitality we seek thank you guys keep it up. :)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sunny G
Rubin S, General Manager at Gaju Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear valuable guest,

Greetings from Gaju Suite Hotel!!

Thank you for choosing to stay at Gaju Suite hotel, we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and are satisfied with our service. Your encouraging words have definitely motivated me and my staffs.

We really appreciate and are grateful for the warm and nice feedback!

Wish you all the best and I hope you stay with us in the near future as well.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

My husband and I opportunity to stay at Gaju Suite Hotel recently. We have to say that coming from Singapore, we were pleasantly surprised by this lovely hotel.
Check-in was fast, with very friendly Reception staff who were also proficient in English. They will be able to guide you through any enquiries you have about the hotel or the tourist area.
As for the rooms, we booked a suite room, which was more than big enough for 2 person. Room comes with free Wifi but the connectivity may be limited in corner rooms. Beds were really comfortable.
Breakfast is served at the Reef restaurant on the top level. Breakfast variety is not very extensive but sufficient for a normal continental breakfast and all very delicious. Service staff there were also friendly and sincerely helpful.
This restaurant turns into an exciting night scene area as they have live acoustic band performances on some nights. It may be a little noisy if you are staying in the floor directly under but if you sleep late, then no worries as you get to enjoy the good music from the comfort of your room.
Thanks so much for the wonderful stay! n to Suman too for your service.
All my best wishes and hope you guys keep up the good work.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jjanmat
Rubin S, General Manager at Gaju Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to personally thank you for taking your precious time to write your comments, and to give us this positive review.
Our staffs are very much dedicated to providing exceptional customer service for every guest, every time. I will make sure that there will be changes in the breakfast menu when you come back in the near future. And will make sure that all our rooms have good internet connection as well.

Thank you again, and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I stayed in the Gaju Suite Hotel already twice and was very satisfied. Although located in the middle of Thamel, the busy tourist and backpacker hub of Kathmandu, it's a surprisingly nice place to relax and chill out. The generous clean rooms have tasteful arrangements with all facilities you need after shopping (necessary shops within 5min walking distance), trekking tours or a night out with friends: comfortable beds, bathrooms with a nice hot shower (rare in KTM!) and partly with big bathtub, TV and kitchen. Make sure you get the rooms to the West, other rooms may be a little darker. More important, the staff is professional and they were happy to assist me with my questions. The REEF restaurant on the upper floor invites for breakfast, lunch and dinner, fantastic food, very talented live bands in the evening and very friendly stuff. Other than the normal low budget atmosphere in Thamel (I keep coming to Nepal since 2008), this place has its own handwriting for people who are looking for a little oasis in Kathmandu.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bianca S
Rubin S, General Manager at Gaju Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Greetings from Gaju Suite Hotel!!

Thank you for writing in such a wonderful review about our Hotel. Your encouraging words have definitely motivated me and my staffs. We hope to give you a great hospitality in the near future as well. We will assure you that we will be maintaining the comfort level and be working hard on the cleanliness part. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

A great hotel with clean and comfortable rooms. The restaurant was excellent and breakfast was amazing. Staff was very helpful and friendly. We had a flight delay so we arrived at the hotel very late but the staff had no problem with the check in. Housekeeping staff and front desk staff were excellent with the service. They even recommended places to visit and were very helpful. There is an in house -spa, saloon, money exchange and souvenir shop in the hotel building which adds the value to the hotel. Overall very satisfied with the rooms and the service. I will definitely come to GAJU SUITE HOTEL when I visit Kathmandu.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank miyatun
Rubin S, General Manager at Gaju Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Greetings from Gaju Suite Hotel!!

Thank you for sharing your kind review. We will certainly share your kind words to our entire team and will continue our good effort as well. We are looking forward to enhance the guest experience by adding more room amenities. Hope to welcome you back on your next visit.

Cheers,
Gaju Suite Hotel

Reviewed 11 September 2013

From the second we arrived at the Gaju Suite Hotel until the moment we left, our stay at this hotel was incredible! When we arrived, the owner, Rubin and his assistant greeted us with smiles and impeccable English! They upgraded our room from a Deluxe to an Apartment Suite (which was like having our own private apartment, complete with living room, kitchen, spacious bedroom and bathroom) since they weren't fully booked and it was low season! We were escorted to our room and asked if we needed anything else--our jaws about hit the floor when we realized how incredibly HUGE the suite was--we'd been staying in lower-budget hotels and decided to treat ourselves to a nicer hotel with air conditioning for our last few nights! The rooms were clean, modern and even though there's load sharing (power outages) throughout the entire city, the power would only stay off 30 seconds, max....We'd stayed in other hotels where the power'd be out for hours. Also, the internet was extremely fast and reliable, which proved difficult to find in other locations hotels in the city. The Gaju is located in the heart of Thamel, but despite it's proximity to the bars and restaurants, is surprisingly quiet! Breakfast in the upstairs restaurant was fun! The restaurant is adorably decorated and breakfast was good! Their lunch/dinner menu is reasonable and the food is excellent quality--I was hesitant to order meat at most Kathmandu restaurants, but the Gagju's food quality was exceptional! The restaurant turns into a lively bar in the evening, and we got to hang out and listen to excellent live music with the amazing, friendly owner, Reuben...The customer service was over the top wonderful! The staff was friendly and always gave great advice! Guests also get a 25% discount at the spa inside the hotel and I received an amazing pedicure for a few dollars at the salon across from the spa. We were sad to leave this wonderful oasis in the city and we will DEFINITELY return again to the Gaju Suite and their friendly owners and staff! :)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jessica C
Rubin S, General Manager at Gaju Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Greetings from Gaju Suite Hotel!!

Thank you very much for sparing you valuable time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

Your detail and distinct review about our property had added bonus for us. Our team always work for the guest comfort and quality service.

We are delighted that you enjoyed the service and your stay was wonderful.

Looking forward to welcoming you next summer. And please give my regards to sunshine as well. Lastly, thank you again for those wonderful words.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Gaju Suite Hotel. The room are always clean with great service and the staff is always polite and up to par. excellent staff. I like that the hotel has an elevator and I especially like that it is centrally located in Thamel.The Reef restaurant on the 5th floor has a superior atmosphere with excellent music. Free Wifi with a back up generator is a definite advantage to this hotel. I really enjoy this attribute because I do a lot of work online. The twenty four hours electricity and power supply is an advantage also to this hotel. Having a mini bar in the room is nice because you do not have to leave your room to enjoy some drinks with your guests. Also, you do not have to worry about your safety because there is twenty four hour security. I was overall thrilled with Gaju Suite Hotel. I will recommend this hotel to all my friends, family or acquaintances. Thank you again to the staff and everyone involved in at Gaju Suite Hotel. My stay was beyond great. I felt comfortable and safe the whole time and I look forward to staying here again very soon.

Room Tip: Rooms close to the fifth floor are always nice because it is near the Reef restaurant.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Rubin S, General Manager at Gaju Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Warm Greetings from Gaju Suite Hotel!!!!

Thank you very much for choosing our property during your stay in Nepal and taking your time to write review.My sincere gratitude for the those word of encouragement.

Hope to serve you again in your next visit.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Gaju Suite Hotel is clean, comfortable, and conveniently located in the Thamel area of Kathmandu. The hotel is actually on the 3rd and 4th floors of a building but the entrance at street level is easily accessible and goes straight to the reception desk. The staff is friendly, gracious, and willing to please. There are hot showers, consistent and reliable electricity, free Internet, and a fine breakfast at the Reef on the 5th floor. Rooms directly under the Reef may not be as quiet as the others.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Mayatravels
Rubin S, General Manager at Gaju Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Gaju Suite Hotel!!!!

Thank you posting such wonderful review on TripAdvisor.It was overwhelming for us to provide you service.The word of encouragement will be share with our entire team. The team of hotel is looking forward having you back with us and assure you another great stay with added amenities.