“Great Stay”

Ranked #31 of 202 Hotels in Kathmandu
Oxford, Mississippi
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We booked this hotel based on reviews from TA and agoda.com. And yes the hotel was a gem of a place. We are very thankful to the front desk staff who let us check in early. They were very friendly and beyond amazing. And when we entered the room, we were impressed with the room's cleanliness and modern decor. The bed was very comfortable. The room we stayed in had a strong Wi-Fi connection. We booked a studio room and were upgraded to a suite. The suite was huge and super clean. The house keeping staff did a wonderful job with the cleaning. The breakfast was good on the roof top restaurant. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would definitely pick this hotel for my next trek next year. Thank you Gaju for you great Hospitality.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Rubin S, General Manager at Gaju Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear John,

Greetings from Gaju Suite Hotel!!

Thank you for sharing your kind review. We will certainly share your kind words to our entire team and will continue our good effort as well. We are looking forward to enhance the guest experience by adding more room amenities. Hope to welcome you back on your next visit.

Rubin Shrestha

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chennai
Reviewed 13 December 2013

This year we were for the 3 time there at the Gaju suit and loved it as always. We have also already in other hotels on the strip used, however is the Gaju suit unbeatable! We can only recommend it and next time stay check-in there. Our room was on the 4 floor and there was nothing to moan. actually you need the hotel never leave, because they have everything that you need! So in any case can only be recommended!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank vinod1995
Rubin S, General Manager at Gaju Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Dear Vinod,

Greetings from Gaju Suite Hotel!!

Thank you for visiting us again and writing another five star review for our property. We hope to give you a great hospitality in the near future as well. We will assure you that we will be maintaining the same comfort level for your next visit this year.Once again thank you for choosing us on so many occasions.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two weeks in May of this year and I was very impressed with the location, facilities, décor and staff.

It's located in Thamel, within walking distance to many sights. I found the location to be very convenient.

I stayed in a regular room the first night and then in a suite for the rest of my stay. Both were spacious, well appointed and luxurious for the rate. Everything was spotlessly clean and very well maintained. I loved the white bedding and newer modern bathrooms.

It's the staff that made me stay longer than I had initially intended as I felt so at home there. They were truly helpful with any request, nothing seemed too much trouble for them. The staff at Gaju is as good or better than any 5 star I have stayed at.

The suite was very spacious with kitchen, dining area, separate living room, bedroom and bathroom (between bedroom and living room). The living room had a flat screen TV and nice newer furniture. You could cook in the kitchen but keep in mind no ovens in Nepal, like many places in Asia it's mainly hob cooking. The kitchen did have a microwave though. I saw dishes and flatware but no pots or pans. I suppose I could have asked for them. I chose not to cook and ordered room service from the restaurant on the top floor instead. Amazing food. I recommend it and very reasonably priced too.

I liked all the little touches like the complimentary bottle of water left by the bed every day and the constant willingness to help with a taxi or a tour (without ever being pushy). I felt very looked after and I will hopefully be returning in January for another visit.

I applaud the developer who owns this whole building. He will be a success in any endeavor he chooses to pursue due to his careful hiring practice and his attention to detail.

It was the nicest place I stayed in all of Nepal during a two month trip. I stayed in everything from a 4 star hotel down to a no star three-room family guest house, but my stay at Gaju was definitely the most value and comfort that I experienced in Nepal. After a day in Kathmandu one can feel absolutely drained. I found the quiet, clean and friendly environment of Gaju was just what I needed at the end of every day. If you are tired you don't even need to go out to eat, you can order room service or get on the elevator and go to the roof top restaurant for dinner. It was always very lively and often had a live band. There is also a diner on the first floor with good simple food. If you need pampering there is even a spa in the building.

If you are considering staying here, I wouldn't hesitate. I was impressed and look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Gaju Suite Hotel!!

Thank you for sharing kind and detail review on TripAdvisor. We are very glad that you found our property " impressive". Your words of encouragement has boosted motivation among entire Gaju Team. Thank you so much for staying with us.We look forward to serving you again in January.

Kind Regards,

Farmerville, Louisiana
Reviewed 10 December 2013

My husband and I stayed at Gaju Suites from December 2 to the 5th and we were very happy with our choice to stay there! I have stayed in many different hotels, from 5 star to small local family owned places in larger cities like Singapore and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to small villages in Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam. This was the best small, family owned hotel I have stayed in. We were made to feel at home and all the staff are friendly and recognized us as we came and went throughout the day and were very helpful with any need we had, even going out of the way at times to help with things like helping me get a local SIM card for my phone. The suites are a nice size with full kitchens and dining table, living area with seating, coffee table and flat screen tv, average size bath, large windows and very clean. They also have heat, which was needed in the room at night.
We had a cab waiting when we arrived at the airport even though we only called for pick up about an hour before we arrived. There is a lift up to the rooms on 3rd and 4th floor of the building. Also have security on each floor which is nice. Ground floor has a restaurant with really good food, great prices and also a spa, salon and money changer. 5th floor has a nice restaurant/bar (The Reef) that has a really good band there each night. I have seen some reviews complaining about the noise from the band but we stayed on the 4th floor and were not bothered by it. We could hear the music, but it was muffled and not loud by any means. We arrived a bit before check in time and the room they were going to put us in was away from the street, but the person staying in that room had not checked out and was nowhere to be found. So we were put in a room overlooking the street and offered to change to the room away from the street later that evening because it can be noisy until 9pm or so. The noise wasn't an issue since we didn't go to bed until later anyway so we declined, but was so nice of them to make the offer. Room service was fast, free wi-fi internet worked great and location is in Thamel area close to shopping. I will definitely stay there again when I return to Kathmandu.

Room Tip: Quietest rooms are on the 3rd floor and away from the street. Some suites have only a shower, so if...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dionne C
Rubin S, General Manager at Gaju Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Dionne C,

Namaste and Warm Greetings from Gaju Suite Hotel !!!

Thank you for sharing your personal experience regarding your stay at our property .I will share your kind words to our entire Gaju team which is very motivating in deed.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we do hope that your memorable experience will bring you back here in the near future. We assure you that we will give you the same level of service in the near future as well.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Gaju Suite Hotel twice during our recent trip to Nepal; we spent a combined total of at least 10 nights at the property. On both occasions, our suite was clean, comfortable and well-equipped.

But it is the excellent service that really sets the Gaju Suite Hotel apart from all other lodgings in Kathmandu. The owners (Rubin and Rudeep) are extremely accommodating and professional; from start to finish, from booking to check-out, every transaction, request and complaint was handled efficiently and warmly. For instance, our email inquiries to the hotel were nearly always answered within 30 minutes; our requests for a hair dryer and extra towels were answered within 5 minutes; and our request to change suites because of a problem with our hot water heater was accommodated immediately.

We give the Gaju Suite Hotel our highest recommendation.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Rubin S, General Manager at Gaju Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Gaju Suite Hotel!!

I would like to thank you for your feedback. Your positive comments are greatly appreciated as only through such feedback we can continuously improve on our standards.Thank you so much for sharing positive feedback about our property to the whole of Trip advisor community. Your words of encouragement have definitely motivated each and every individual in our community. Thank you so much for the 5star review.

Kathmandu
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I really appreciate hotel's staff for great hospitality and room is very comfortable and food was so good. The ambience of the hotel is very pleasing. I had a wonderful experience. I will definitely go back and stay here and recommend my known ones as well.

• Stayed October 2013
Rubin S, General Manager at Gaju Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Suchita,

Greetings from Gaju Suite Hotel!!

Thank you very much for choosing our property during your stay in Nepal and taking your time to write positive review.My sincere gratitude for the those word of encouragement. Hope to serve you again in your next visit.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 December 2013

While I cannot deny the staff was extremely polite and helpful, and the rooms are average for a three star hotel, the noise from the upstairs bar was extremely unpleasant. Thankfully I had some earplugs, since the blaring music lasted until past midnight over the three nights I stayed here. My first room was on the fourth floor, which felt like it was directly below a speaker. I asked to switch to a quieter room the next day, and my second room on the third floor wasn't much better in the noise department - the music reverberates throughout the entire building. If you stay out late and aren’t concerned about noise, then this hotel is not a bad choice. If you go to bed before midnight, then you might want to stay somewhere else – there’s plenty of better options nearby.

Here are some pros and cons of this hotel:

Pros;
• Good location
• Nice, helpful staff
• Decent rooms for a 3 stay hotel (clean bedding, fresh towels)

Cons;
• Loud music from bar upstairs until late in the night
• Cold rooms
• Extremely weak water pressure – think camping with solar water bag dripping out hot water

After looking closer at all the reviews, I suspect many of them are written by the management of this place. There are many reviewers with raving comments; however they only have one or two reviews (one has two reviews both of Gaju Suite Hotel). Being ranked #3 in Kathmandu is extremely suspicious. I travel 80% of the time, and have been to 53 countries, staying in 3 and 4 star hotels, this place is definitely overrated in my opinion.

Also to note – some reviews talk about an airport pick up, but when I inquired before I arrived, I was notified by email they do not provide airport pick up!

Room Tip: Bring earplugs!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank Billtraveling
Dear Bill,

Greetings from Gaju Suite Hotel!!

Thank you for your recent stay and for sharing your views on Tripadvisor.
We regret that your experience here was not what we endeavor to offer to our valued guests, we highly value your opinion & is indeed important to us. We completely understand your sentiment and assure you that of our immediate remedial measures.
I request you to accord us another opportunity to showcase our hospitality & service to make your future visits to Gaju suites a truly memorable. You may also send an email to rbshrest7@gmail.com or info@gajusuite.com prior to your next visit and we will ensure complete care.
Thank you once again.