“Convenient location and exceptional service”
Review of Gaju Suite Hotel

Gaju Suite Hotel
Ranked #37 of 210 Hotels in Kathmandu
Reviewed 30 January 2014

On my recent trip to Nepal I stayed at Gaju Suite Hotel which is located in a very central location close to a large variety of restaurants. It was however the exceptional personalised service that was a highlight of my stay.

The staff at this hotel were super friendly and went beyond their means to help me. They assisted me when I needed a sim card for my phone, helped me to organise my trip to pokhara and day trip around kathmandu, organised any transport that was required, provided me with all the pots and pans that I needed, took care of and helped my friend find the doctor when she fell ill and made wonderful restaurant recommendations.

Furthermore, the rooms are quite new and clean and the internet is fast and reliable. The building also has 24hr security which made my stay both welcoming and safe. I highly recommend Gaju Suite Hotel

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I recently stayed at Gaju Suite Hotel with my parents and husband. My father had made the bookings via phone and email. The staff at the hotel was prompt, courteous and very helpful. When they found out we were travelling as a family they advised us to take a flat instead of two deluxe rooms. I had read the reviews of the hotel on TripAdvisor (indeed, that's how I found it!) and as per recommendations (for noise levels from the bar on the roof) asked that the flat be located on the 3rd floor.
When we got there the checking in was quick and seamless. There was a taxi pickup at the airport (kind of expensive in comparison to other taxis but worth it if you are coming in for the first time and we settled the taxi bill with the hotel when checking out - so no need to find an ATM at the airport etc). The flat was nice. Two well sized bedrooms, two bathrooms, common sitting and small kitchenette with fridge, microwave, electric kettle and stove. Basic cutlery provided for snacks etc. Good heating and hot water with a backup generator for all the electricity cuts. One afternoon onwards there was no water as the motor that pumped water burnt out but the hotel did its best to resolve the issue and promised to keep a backup for the future - and given their general professionalism I am sure they will.
There was some noise from the Reef bar upstairs but unless you are seriously sensitive to noise it's really is not a problem. Gaju Suite is located on the top floors of a mall/shopping complex - and staying in this sort of a place was a new experience for us. But it actually worked out rather well. The travel agent on the ground floor (owner Subodh and driver Suman) were a Godsend. We used the agency for air tickets to Pokhara as well as general car hire to drive us in and around Kathmandu. There was an ATM at the entrance but for the moment was not accepting Visa cards not associated with that bank - but given that Gaju Suite is in the smack centre of Thamel this was no real hardship. The morning breakfast was pretty good. Not much variety but good wholesome porridge, bread, eggs etc. In our opinion there were still enough meals to eat out/explore Nepal with to be too hung up about breakfast and nothing quite beats the convenience of having breakfast in the hotel. One day when I was somewhat unwell they also send me my breakfast to my room - which was very nice. You can also use the bar/restaurant for room service at other times if need be.
We stayed here for 4-5 days before going to Pokhara and then coming back for one night before flying out of Nepal. Coming back was lovely - and we were greeted like old and familiar friends. In short, this is a spotlessly clean, warm and friendly place. I would recommend it eyes closed to anyone travelling to Kathmandu. We loved Nepal and will be going back and there is no doubt that we will stay with Gaju Suite and it's excellent team again. So thank you to you all for making out family holiday such a success! See you soon :)

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Rashmi S
Reviewed 27 January 2014

It was my first time stay in this hotel and it was really a good experience.The suite room was very comfortable and the ambience was nice.The location was perfect as it was in the centre of thamel..My stay was quite short but i enjoyed a lot and would love to stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I spent 3 nights at gaju suite hotel. The location is very close to the local market.Rooms were very clean and comfortable. Staffs were very generous and helpful in giving direction to offices and restaurants. They helped me arrange the city tour and arrange me the tickets to mountain flight as well for very good deal. The front desk staffs were very good in communicating and the house keeping did a wonder job cleaning the room. Rooms was spotless every time they gave service. I will definitely stay at Gaju Suite when I visit Kathmandu in the near future. If you need more information then you should ask the front desk staff for assistance.
Thank you so much for everything, keep it up.

Highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jagat G
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

What a fabulous hotel in every way. The interior is tastefully decorated and has gorgeous bedrooms with comfy beds. The staff were so friendly and provided great assistance. I had an amazing experience at this hotel amd would definitely go there again. No complaints at all! Thank you for this royal experience! !

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 22 January 2014

First off, this hotel is very clean and nice. I was very impressed by the comfortable beds, clean spacious bathroom and general facilities in our room (Tea and coffee machine, hairdryer, complimentary toiletries,etc).

The prices start at such a great price. I had to book a Suite, which only cost around $80. Staff were very keen to help us and gave advice on good local restaurants and bars. The hotel is also in a great location.

PS The restaurant was fantastic! We even met the owner who seemed to be such a hospitable and welcoming guy.

Thanks for the pleasant stay!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2014

The suite apartments are great especially when staying with family .I stayed from the 30/12/13 till 4/1/14 .The staff was very friendly though it being new year it was a bit noisy at night.
My daughters enjoyed as they could buy nicknacks from Thamel market. There was security at night on all floor entrance so we felt safe especially on the 31st as Thamel does get a lot of drunks at night due to new year revelry.

The complimentary breakfast could however do with a daily change as they served the same menu each day

Room Tip: Rooms 106 105 and 109 get good sunshine great for winter stay.