“Excellent place to stay”
Review of Gaju Suite Hotel

Gaju Suite Hotel
Ranked #33 of 194 Hotels in Kathmandu
“Excellent place to stay”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We recently stayed at the Gaju Suite Hotel in the Thamel region of Katmandu for two nights before we trekked to Base Camp and for two nights upon our return from the trek. The place was very comfortable and convenient, especially after our return when we were given a more luxurious room which we really appreciated. The staff were all very friendly, the Wifi was good, the breakfast was excellent and to top it off, it was in a great location, with shopping on the door step!

Room Tip: ask for one of the bigger rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Vronnnn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is great and you get way more than what you pay for.
Stayed here before and after EBC.
Friendly staff.
Awesome restaurant with a party for Nepali new year. Good food! Get the butter chicken. Legit drinks as well.
The owner hung out in the restaurant and was super friendly.
Rooms are huge, like apartments with cool views of the city.
Shower was a bit dodgy but we figured it out, minor inconvenience really.
Located right at beginning of safe touristy lanes.
Happily kept some of our stuff while we went to EBC.
This was a warm haven compared to the chaos of Kathmandu.
I'd absolutely stay here again.
Enjoy.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for one night . Nice location , Thamel . They have a wonderful restaurant named Reef . Nice atmosphere . Staffs are friendly . Breakfast was good . I had a reef special breakfast , a little bit oily but can be ignored . Also a small problem I found in my room , Fridge wasn't working . It was less of my concern as I had nothing to keep their . I believe if if I complained they would have looked into the issue instantly . Overall pleasant stay . And kudos to all receptionists , they are helpful .

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Lakewood, Colorado
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Ace the Himalaya books this hotel prior to and after your trip to EBC, and it is a sight for sore eyes to come to the white steps after so many days on the high Himalayan trails. I hadn't washed my hair in nearly three weeks by time I stepped under that nice hot shower so my review might be a little skewed. Still, the big comfy bed, the large suites, the air conditioning, the additional fan in the living room plenty of space, a microwave and fridge in the kitchen, you really are set. Breakfast is free upstairs. As a solo traveler used to hostels this place is like the Taj Mahal to me, but when I came in today extremely ill with some sort of ugly bug and a sore throat, angry lungs, headache and everything else, a quiet afternoon with my face in the big soft extra pillows did a great deal to help the antibiotics do their job. It was also nice to be able to order a big bowl of fresh fruit which was the first in a long time, and get the laundry done on rush, and basically recover from an epic journey. In fact I am extending my stay another six days, rather than give up the a/c, sweet comforts and try to fight out whatever came down the mountains with me in a funky hotel. There are times you definitely do need to pamper. Gaju provides that and more, with amenities in the bathroom, places to sleep walk, views of the active streets, access to the warrens of Thamel, and wi-fi and power. The staff is very accommodating and quick to get you what you need. HIghly recommended.

I'm not including photos because my camping gear is all over the room and it looks terrible!

Room Tip: The rooms that have views of the street also offer views of you. Remember that when the drapes are o...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Julia H
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The rooms were clean and comfortable, all the amenities of home (hot shower, air conditioning, toilet paper/shampoo/soap/etc). Everyone was so friendly - both hotel and restaurant staff, we felt like part of the family after our 4 night stay there. They even went above and beyond for us on our last day - we asked if we could have a late checkout because we really wanted to be able to shower again after a day out and about in the city before our evening flight. They were fully booked that night so couldn't do late check-out, but they found an open room in the hotel next door and arranged for us to use it to shower that evening! My only complaint is that you can hear the live bands in the restaurant at night fairly loudly no matter where you room is located, so make sure to bring some ear plugs!

Room Tip: Rooms are vastly different sizes; some are one room and others are two room suites. Be aware that t...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Siolim, India
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I liked the Space and intercOnnecting rooms as part of an apartment , the restaurant , lounge serves quality food and for breakfast included you can order whatever price range it doesn't change what's included . Nice people for service and very good location. Value for money certainly when booked with agoda

• Stayed May 2014
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My stay at Gaju Suite Hotel was truly amazing. Me and my friends booked 3 rooms at this hotel and to my surprise the rooms were very clean and cozy. The breakfast was delicious especially those fresh water melon juice. The service was more of a 5 star hotel. Front desk staff were very kind and polite, they would help me and my friends with the direction and recommend good restaurants to eat.The 5th floor restaurant had a live music everyday the crowd were electrifying and music was awesome. I would definitely stay here again whenever I visit Kathmandu. I love Gaju Suite Hotel. Thank you GSH team for giving us 5 star hospitality.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends