“'Excellence personified'”
Review of Gaju Suite Hotel

Gaju Suite Hotel
Ranked #39 of 210 Hotels in Kathmandu
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

My stay at the Gaju suite was for 3 nights and it has simply put beyond exceptional! I believe, it has surprised my experiences at all the hotels I've stayed at around the world. The staff go to great lengths to please guests. It is undoubtedly value for money especially if you'd like to explore thamel. I do hope to return again soon and thanks to entire team of Gaju suite hotel for warm hospitality.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank TENZIN N

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed at gaju suite hotel for 3 nights. We decided this hotel after seeing the reviews in tripadvisor and it was every penny worth. Since it was a off season, they upgraded us in suites at the regular price we were paying. The hotel was great with all amenities.the service of the stuffs was excellent.The restaurant upstairs was excellent with live music at night and good food which we enjoyed. The hotel was centrally located with all the shops nearby. We could take a walk around and have the shopping done.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Aqib A
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

My stay at Gaju Suite hotel was truly remarkable. From the outside the hotel did not make a great impression, the reception was located on the ground floor. And the rooms were located on the 3rd and 4th floor respectively of this business complex. We headed to the 3rd floor and to my surprise the architect of the hotel was very impressive. The hallway was traditionally designed. The rooms were both traditional and contemporary. The staffs were excellent, I paid for a 3 star service and I got a 5 star service. Both the hotel and restaurant staffs were awesome. The breakfast on the 5th floor was good with a good view on top. The restaurant played live music everyday which was very entertaining. The hotel had in house spa, saloon, atm, money exchange and lot of travel agency. Overall, had a wonderful experience, I would definitely stay at this hotel, every time I visit Kathmandu. Thank you Gaju Suite for your fabulous hospitality.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank bidhea
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed at Gaju Suite Hotel from 31.5.2014 till 3.6.2014 and it was our best stay in Nepal. The Hotel is clean, centrally located, staffs are very attentive and the best of all is that the hotel is equipped with a lift. We booked Deluxe rooms but we were upgraded to Suite which was very nice and spacious. I would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay at Gaju Suite if i visit Kathmandu again.

This is the best hotel to stay in Kathmandu as you can find everything in the same building; Club, Restaurant, SPA, Saloon, Money Changer and surrounded by shopping and many restaurants.

Must try their in house restaurant the food is delicious. We just loved the concept of this hotel.

We were really disappointed with two other hotels we stayed before Gaju Suite and the final three days at Gaju Suite made our trip great.

Room Tip: If you have the budget i would highly recommend the suite otherwise the Deluxe is also good
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank knita
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed at the hotel for 11 nights. First the curb appeal and the lobby of the hotel did not look like much, but do not let this fool you... When I arrived, because it was low season, they offered to upgrade me to a nice suite without me asking for anything. The staff was super friendly, the rooms were nice and clean, like a little apartment in the middle of Thamel. The breakfast was good The cleaning staff was super nice and efficient. They will do whatever they can to try to accommodate you. The only thing I did not care for was the restaurant upstairs because In the evening except Sunday, they have live bands and they play quite loud but some good ear plugs did the trick. The hotel is in the heart of Thamel so there are lots of nice restaurants and shops at walking distance.
Other than that I really enjoyed staying in this hotel and the whole staff made my stay very very pleasant. Thank you to the Gaju Suites hotel staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Audrey M
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Our trekking company booked us into the Gaju Suite for two nights prior to and after our trek to Everest Base Camp. The hotel is in a great location, the room was excellent and very clean, and the staff was very nice. The price was not bad ($70/night), although that was more than other hotels in the same general area. The downside was the very LOUD nightclub on the top floor that had LOUD music until past 11pm that could be heard in the rooms, even when one was desperate for sleep prior to a 4am wakeup call. Breakfast is included in the room rate and was pretty good. Still, next time I go to Kathmandu, I'll stay in the hotel I usually stay in, and that I stayed in for a couple nights before and after our stay in the Gaju Suite. It was only $45/night, also was clean and had great staff, had a better breakfast buffet, and best of all - was QUIET !

Room Tip: Ask for a room in one of the lower floors, as that will be further from the loud nightclub on the to...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Parabopete
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

I arrives in kathmandu late in the evening and was unsure of what type of accommodations I was walking into. The clean, good sized room was a sight for sore eyes after 30+ hours of travel. The bed was comfortable and the shower nice and hot. The includes breakfasts were great and the waiters really nice. Its location in the heart of thamel makes it easy to get to local restaurants, bars, even supermarkets. My only complaint was the loud live music from the rooftop bar. It ended every night before 11 but wasn't helpful if you have an early morning. If you don't plan to sleep early, the rooms are great with ample ac!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo