“A great morning cooking.”

Nepali Cooking Course - Day Class
Ranked #2 of 6 Food & Drink in Kathmandu
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I have just moved to Kathmandu and thought that I needed to get to know the local cuisine a little better. The morning that I spent cooking here was one of the most informative and fun-filled mornings that I have had in a while! I learnt loads and I am considering going back to learn all of it! Highly recommended for all Kathmandu travelers.

2  Thank Isaac R

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

The cooking class with Amrit and Anu was a fun, informative and an experience you cannot afford to miss in Kathmandu. Take some time out if your schedule to meet this wonderful family for a true taste of life in Nepal.

1  Thank Gcolaco
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My two friends and I attended this morning course at the end of our trip and it was honestly one of the best things we did in Nepal. Anu and her family are wonderful people and the whole experience allowed us to see the Nepali way of life from the inside. The food was fantastic and afterwards you are sent an email with all the recipes. We felt so welcome and relaxed in their home and they familygo above and beyond to make you feel comfortable. The entire experience exceeded all of our expectations and I would highly recommend it for anyone visiting Nepal.

2  Thank olive h
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Dear Amirt, Anu, Asok,and the mommy of Puri family: thank you sooooo much! I've never thought that I'll have such an great experience in Kathmandu. Not only the cooking class,but also the loca market touring, language exchange, culture viewpoint exchange, especially than you for treat me like family, inviting me to hadving dinner with you! These are just far from my imagination! Anu & Asok, you two are so kind and cute, wish you can make your life the way you want. I definitely will come back again, and will learn another nepali cooking again with my friends!

1  Thank Peggy T
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I have spent a few months in Kathmandu and attending the Nepali Cooking Course with Anu and her family has been an incredible opportunity. I have never considered myself a worthwhile cook, but they have empowered me to venture out and try new ways of cooking, new foods, and new recipes. I am very grateful. The morning Amrit spent with me at the Ason market was very beneficial to me. I was able to purchase Himalayan salt to take back to friends in the U.S. and Mexico. I have become more comfortable about using spices that I was unfamiliar with.

Hanging out with Sudesna and learning how to make celebration bread was wonderful. Meeting the women and children in their apartment complex and interacting with such wonderful people make my visit to Kathmandu so much more meaningful.

I make momos for my family every weekend. When I get back home, my Facebook friends have asked me to cook a Nepali meal for them and I now (thanks to the Nepali Cooking Course) have the self-confidence in the kitchen to venture out and invite people into my home to eat my new Nepali cuisine.

The Puri family made accommodations for me because I went several times to learn different foods. They would schedule me so that I did not have to repeat what I had learned AND I had the opportunity to repeat certain classes if I felt I needed to.

I was touched when a young child, Sadikchya, came in with her own notebook to study while I used my own notebook to write notes about the recipes. Sadikchya later sang "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" in English for me.

I will return to Kathmandu next year and take more courses and learn more about Nepali cooking, but I will always be grateful to the Puri family for working with me, my schedule, and my fear of cooking.

2  Thank Anne D