“one of the best!”

The Happily Ever After Hostel
Stavanger, Norway
“one of the best!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I had such a nice time here. Ok, it's not the prettiest rooms I've seen, but it doesn't matter when the overall atmosphere is so nice. I stayed in the girls dorm. Its cleaned every day, the bathroom is large and clean, and no problems with hot water, flushing (like I've seen other reviewers complain about), and I didn't see any cockroaches. The beds are ok, the blanket is maybe a little too warm in the summertime but still good to have there. I did miss a shelf or something to put my stuff on at night, but I assume that's not too hard to fix if needed.
There is no aircon and no fans (maybe an idea to get some?), meaning all windows MUST be open at night or we'll die from the heat, so we did have mosquitos biting us at night, but when we told the receptionist about this he immediately gave us one of those thingys to plug in a powersocket, which worked like a charm.
About the staff: the guys working here are so nice. They are so friendly and kind and always smile and want to help. There is always one guy asleep in the reception. We wanted to see the semifinals of the world cup one night, and went to a place nearby that supposedly had bigscreen, but their signal got lost just after kickoff, so we ran back to the hostel and asked if we could see the match in the reception. And the guy just smiled and let us, despite the fact that 1. we woke him up, 2. he had to stay up watching the game with us, 3. listen to our screaming and cheering all night... So yeah. The guys are just THE BEST.
Never had breakfast here so can't comment.
I traveled alone and I met so many new friends. And it feels really safe there.

Will be back!! :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
TheHappilyEverAfter, Manager at The Happily Ever After Hostel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Ninah,
We would like to thank you very much for your great feedback of our property our happiness knows no bound when we saw your review as well as our staff preference. we are very happy to know that you had nice stay with us and we really like to thank you for stayed at Happily Ever After Hostel in Kathmandu. We will be doing our best forever for all our clients. Our main goal is client’s satisfaction and make your stay enjoyable with us. we are here!because of our valuable client love us. We are learning day by day and improving our service for our client’s, as the best service in hosteling sector in Nepal. We hope to welcome you again in the future.
Once again thank you very much for your great review.
Hostel Team and Ghan's department of service.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The Hostel is great. You get to meet a lot of nice people and the service by Ghan and Dubba is excelent. The only things that the owner must change is the lobby's and terrace furniture, and the internet. But apart from that, everything is great. I definetly recommend this Hostel.

• Stayed June 2014
TheHappilyEverAfter, Manager at The Happily Ever After Hostel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Greeting from Happily Ever After Hostel, Kathmandu,Nepal!
Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to share your experience about Happily Ever After hostel.
We are glad to know that we were able to meet your expectations regarding our services including accommodation. We hope to see you or your friends again in Kathmandu, and assure you of nothing less than what you experienced during your last stay at happily ever after.
Hostel Management Team.
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I decided to choose the place from TripAdvisor reviews. This place is perfect for people who want to explore Thamel. It's very convenient to go around Kathmandu as well. I did not do that as I want to because I just stayed 1 night before and after my trip to Poon Hill (awesome... but my legs won't say so..T T').
I am not a teenager. Still, I prefer to select the budget place. Even there are the dorm room type, but I prefer the private room. You can have your own bathroom. The room is clean. Something needs to be fixed (say, the flush of the toilet bowl,..) but I could find my way around to make it worked. I would say, you will get what you pay for.
I did not do any breakfast but having the breakfast on the rooftop would be breezy cozy one, i imagine.
Ghan is very helpful. He's nice and friendly. If chances come, I would come back definitely.

Room Tip: P1 room private bathroom is better than the 5th floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank ToiSaeTang
TheHappilyEverAfter, Owner at The Happily Ever After Hostel, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Hostel Management Team.
London
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

The free breakfast leaves much to be desired, but the smile with which the chap who cooks it up more than makes up with it. We stayed before our Kopra Ridge trek and returned after, primarily to say our goodbyes before we headed back to India, since the service had such an impression on us. Rooms are tight but are opportune for meeting like minded people, as is the rooftop terrace - a prime location for a good Gorkha or Nepal Ice. Location is ideal, as is price.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
TheHappilyEverAfter, Owner at The Happily Ever After Hostel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Harry's
Awesome review for Happily Ever After Hostel . We are very happy to know that you had nice stay with us. It was a great pleasure to have you with us. Our main goal is our guest stay peaceful and comfortable. we always try to do our best for that. We hope to welcome you again in Happily Ever After Hostel and we wait to serve you again.
We would like to thank you for your review.
Happily Ever After Hostel Family.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in the women's dorm for approx 12 nights within the course of my 5 weeks back amd forth from treks. Loved the amazing people I met there and really enjoyed the sense of community the guys who run the place create among the guests. I have recommended this place to others. It can be a bit noisy at night due to a close by dance center, but that stops around 11pm. The bathroom in the women's dorm is cleaned daily, as are the floors, which keeps it a cozy and clean place (unless of course messy ladies are there). The wifi is off and on, but that is the case in all of Kathmandu. For the price and location, you cant beat this hostel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
TheHappilyEverAfter, Manager at The Happily Ever After Hostel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Greetings form Happily Ever After Hostel !
Thank you for your great review. It was such a great pleasure to have you with us. We really like to thank you for staying with us and provide us very nice feedback. Happily Ever after is your real Nepali hostel in Kathmandu. we will always do our best for all our clients stay peaceful, safe and comfortable. Our main goal is your satisfaction; we will be hoping to welcome you again at happily ever after hostel. Once again thank you for a great review.
all our hostel Team.
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stayed here for two days. This is the best place by value. It is right in the middle of thamel, yet secluded into a green alcove. Easy to find, this hostel is a backpackers sweetspot. They have basic a entities and a functional kitchen and rooftop restaurant. My roommates made dinner and we had it under a starlit sky. Quite an unforgettable experience? They are helpful and accommodating of small changes and requests. I felt at home here, despite the crowd and dust of kathmandu. Would love to be there again, and would recommend it to all backpackers who love to share their stories, and make friends along the journey.

Room Tip: Get toilet paper , they don't have them in the loos and charge extra. A water bottle to refill i...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
TheHappilyEverAfter, Director of Sales at The Happily Ever After Hostel, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear doyelkar
Thanks for your such a great review of our property, appreciated it. We are so glad to know that you had nice stay with us. Our main goal is client’s satisfaction. For our valuable guest we will do all our best , There's no any compromise for That! It was a pleasure to have you with us and hope to welcome you again and again soon,
thank you so much for staying with us.
Hostel team
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Used this hostel as my base before and after trekking and other activities. Staff very friendly and helpful. Clean, central and rooftop view is super!! In an alley off a main street so not too much noise at night.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
TheHappilyEverAfter, Manager at The Happily Ever After Hostel, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Simone L