“Kathmandu Pokhara Tour Review”

Sports Tours and Travel
Ranked #300 of 762 Outdoor Activities in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Everest Helicopter tour Everest Helicopter is one of the most amazing experience one could do on earth.Himalayan Kingdom Nepal houses eight above 8000m mountains among fourteen in the world. It’s a dream for all travelers who visit Nepal, to watch them from a close distance.This tours rules all .
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Nice option for travelling in Nepal. They have some packages already made, but they were open to adjust them to my needs. I took the Kathmandu Pokhara Tour and added Bungee Jumping and Rafting. Also they are clear with all the information.

All the staff was very nice. The guide was very well prepared and he answered all my questions. Even one day the Tour Manager invited me to have a traditional Nepalese dinner with his family at his house.

They also helped me when I had a little problem in Lumbini with the Hotel. The hotel staff wanted to charge me for the transport I was going to use the next day to get to Pokhara, but I had already paid everything in advance. We called the agency and they solved everything. Also, the hotel staff was supposed to pick me up in a certain place, but they were not there, so I had to pay my own transportation. At the end the agency gave me back the money I used for that.

All the accommodations provided where very nice, more than I expected. And besides that problem in Lumbini, everything else worked perfectly according to the itinerary.

36  Thank Martin_Morido
in 14 reviews
"hitch"
"requirements"

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Sports Tours & Travel is very professional and caring, my trip in Nepal was planned perfectly and I enjoyed a lot. Their staff are super friendly and always punctual. Highly recommended, excellent services.

11  Thank Eva Y
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We had been planning our trip to Nepal for many, many months. After much deliberation we decided on the Annapurna Circuit (AC) as it offered the best of everything (ignore exaggerated rubbish about roads, truly a majestic trek!). But when deciding which trekking company to use in organising the thing we struggled; Tripadvisor has plenty of reviews for trekking companies but most feel fake upon reading, to good to be true, etc. We decided to wait till we arrived in KTM, then speak face-to-face. It proved to be a great decision.

Once booked into our hotel we strolled round Thamel and within minutes came across Nepal Sports Tours and Travel. The outside was clean and well-presented so we thought "why not?" and popped in for a chat. The team there were fantastic, understanding our requirements from the beginning and asking the right questions. Also very knowledgeable about the treks including the new paths taking you off the road (important), the best tea houses etc. They planned a bespoke route taking in Tilicho Lake and getting us round the entire circuit from Besisahar to Nayapul in 18 days. The pricing was very fair and accurate, what impressed me most was their honesty, explaining what they would make from the overall cost and how the guides ranged in price from experienced to novice. And I must say the price we paid for what we got was awesome, could not have been happier.

We were then invited back to confirm things within a day and meet our team. Our guide Rinji was fantastic, a spirited and chirpy little fellow with vast experience! He had summited Everest twice, has climbed in France and Italy, technical ice-climbing, Manaslu summit and also is a full mountain guide, trek guide all over Nepal and China and Tibet!! Frankly I felt embarrassed having him show some novices round The AC but he was brilliant, a great personality and a lovely, trusting warm person! Thank you Rinji, you made it a fantastic trip. Our porter was equally great, a tad older than the other porters but experience showed as he paced himself round and was always ready with a joke, a smile and a helping hand! Thank you Sirim you are indeed a legend!

The trek went off without a hitch, other than one of us getting a bad case of altitude sickness and suffering some back spams on the last brutal descent from Poon Hill to Tikkedhunga. Rinji and the team were great throughout, changing the itinerary to give some extra rest days, arranging a yak to get one of us up to the pass and helping her down to the bottom.

We finished the trek and were thrilled with all the arrangements, the tea houses chosen, the choice of food and safety arrangements. When we compared what we paid with others on the trek we realised Sports Tours and Travel had given us a real bargain, even better!

Upon returning to the office we were invited by the manager there to join his family for a meal at his home, a wonderful gesture we greatly appreciated. The whole operation feels very genuine and friendly, but still professional. Even better, when my girlfriend fell ill many days after we had completed the trek the manager there leaped into action and arranged a top hospital for us, taking time out of work to organise things and chaperon us, even visiting us in hospital with grapes! Well and truly beyond the call of duty, remarkable customer service and we are eternally grateful!

Nothing more to add. Doing a trek is a magical experience so take any stress out of it by using an agency, and Nepal Sports Tours and Travel come with my highest recommendation. Thanks to all the team for everything!
Visited March 2013

11  Thank Matt L
Reviewed 20 June 2013

We traveled to Nepal at the end of 2012 ,with total number of 6 members.
We made 16 days tour in Nepal, focusing our dream land Upper Mustang,(Often described as forbidden city). The tour itinerary was designed so perfectly, so that none of us have any problem related to high altitude, we were able to see all the beautiful places off this forbidden city. We were give complete three days in Lo-Manghang,(Most beautiful part of the trail),all the credit goes to ,Tour manager to SPORTS TOURS & TRAVEL.
Our guide Surbir Thapa was an expert.He was very well knowledgeable about the trail, very friendly with the local people that made our tour very enjoyable and we had huge knowledge about people ,and their traditions.
This land is amazing .. One of the best thing we have ever seen on our visit till today's date.

Visited Nov 2012
LIOND mehl & Friends
12 rue de Bolsenheien,FRANCE

9  Thank LiondMehl
See more reviews
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I've been to Nepal twice. My first trip was about 10 years ago with a group of 4x4 off-road entourage which started off from Kuala Lumpur to India. There was a stop over at Kathmandu for less than 2 days although we visited some of the main popular spots.. I felt that was not enough to embrace the rich and colorful culture of this beautiful country and has so much more to be explore.. In Oct 2012, myself and 7 others make a private trip to Nepal again but this time we stayed longer and discovered different experience with the help of a local guide Raj which tailored our itinerary to our request. Our first stop was at Peaceful Cottage, a hill resort with a different appeal.. We did a bit of trekking to Gandruk, most of us not so young ladies, never had training, had no idea of what "the journey" was like .. . but it was a great experience!!!

7  Thank Queenielo