Gokarna Forest Resort
US$87
US$77
US$168
  • Pool
Hotel Yak & Yeti(Kathmandu)
US$206
US$354
US$298
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsforest walkhole golf courseindoor poolspotted deerhouse restaurantdolmagreat spaspa treatmentskathmandu citymain restaurantrelaxing stayrooms are largeaway from the hustle and bustlespecial thanksebc trekan oasistashi
Reviewed 13 July 2011

After days of roaming the city highlights, its a place to relax and unwind. A round of Golf will then make the stay complete.

Room Tip: Needs some transportation to get to the city.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2011

excellent luxury hotel away from hustle and bustle of kathmandu city. neat and clean ambience, spacious rooms with excellent food and hospitality. everthing my family liked.one of the best hotels we ever visited. yes, if my children plans to visit kathmandu again we will like to again stay here.

Room Tip: contact front desk executive ms. karma lama
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2011

Our 7 day stay was very nice at the Gokarna. We were on our honeymoon, enjoyed the location of the hotel most of all, away from the crowded city of Kathmandu. The hotel is overlooking a beautiful golf course, it is very charming, clean, relaxing and peaceful.
Two constructive comments which I would like to make, the food could surely use some improvement as it is quite ordinary in taste. The hotel pool would be much nicer outdoors, temperature controlled (it was freezing cold) and lounge chairs outside would have been nice to soak up the beautiful weather and climate. However I must confess that the service at the hotel is top notch! The staff are extremely friendly and really have gone out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and have everything we needed. Karma and her team are super! The service we have received throughout the hotel has been unbelievably great and I must say better than many of the five star hotels in Dubai, which is unthinkable! Thank you Karma and team for looking after us!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank will_travel1976
Reviewed 14 June 2011

We actually visited here in January 2010 but just discovered Trip Advisor so thought I'd give them a good review now! The drive from Katmandu airport is bumpy but extremely interesting as you drive through local villages and see lots of culture. The hotel is clean, welcoming and I have to mention the Activities Director Bhishma Banskota who helped me plan my proposal to my now wife perfectly! Surrounding area to the hotel is beautiful, loads of temples and monkeys! Golf course is great although they don't like you playing with a hangover! (I was on the driving range and the instructor suggested I stopped to get some rest!) Not 5* as the standard in some countries understandably but everything about the hotel was lovely.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2011

We (4 of us) got back from Kathmandu only a couple of hours ago. The reason why I am writing a review right now is because I would like everyone traveling to Kathmandu gets to experience what we all did.
The overall experience was fantastic. The hotel is located around a jungle trail with has amazing amenities. It appeared a Golfer's Paradise with lush 18 hole Golf course. I would rate the food 10/10 - the best mo-mo's we had in Nepal in the past 4 days!
What's more commendable is the service which I found to be one of the best I have ever experienced. I must mention our lovely hostess Karma Lama who took care of us completely! We are all very pleased with the way she hosted us especially with the suggestions and guidance whenever we needed without even requesting for them. The hotel staff in general and Karma, in particular are hands on with any request and immediately responds... this to me, is one of the best aspects of the hotel!
Up on arrival, we'd been upgraded because of availability and also, were offered many amenities of the resort liberally. On day 4, we had to face a strike in Nepal which spoiled our plan to check out early and go around the city. So our check out time had to be extended. The hotel not only let us extend it considering the contingency but also offered us to stay at 50% price till our flight time which was at 11 pm! Once again, I must thank Karma here in helping us by understanding our situation!
This is a fantastic place to stay in terms of quality of service, amenities, food and value for money! I would have been happier if they were closer to the city and especially, the main areas like Thamel but then you can't get everything! The internet was a bit slow.. but that did not bother us much.
Bottom line: Totally recommended for all types of travelers with medium+ budget.

Room Tip: 250-251 and it had a fantastic balcony!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple