“Tibet Cultural Tour - memorable”

Manakamana Treks & Expedition Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
White Water Rafting on Trisuli River from...
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the complete travel solution who cares you personally and treat you as valued customer .We customizes your holiday’s schedule in fairly price with quality and personalized service and also we are equally aware to preserve native culture and environment. We are practicing the policies of Responsible tourism and also always keep on our mind regarding the benefits of local communities and their values. We also arrange charity trips to assist in the educational areas or necessary things for the orphanage and children of lower income people, support for literacy programs and health camp in rural area like dental clinic camp etc.
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Got back from Nepal 2 days ago following an 8 day trip to Tibet organised by Achut and Keshav. Arrangements went very well and our Tibetan guide Tashi was most welcoming and knowledgeable. Tibet is now part of China but Tibetans' Buddhist faith helps retain an identity. Tibetans are friendly and some of the hotels are surprisingly well equipped although if you travel in the close season November and December onwards it is wise to take a sleeping bag and warm clothing as some hotels have no heating and may not have electrical power for part of the day or running water either.

I would gladly recommend brothers Achut and Keshav who run Manakana Treks; they treat you like friends and efficiently manage the details and will sort out any challenges immediately. Their Tibetan Cultural Tour involves spending a couple of nights in Kathmandu before and after the trip to Tibet and this allows a thorough brief prior to flying to Llahsa and a debrief of your experiences when you return.

Manakamana Treks also organise trips to Bhutan and parts of India so we may well use the firm again!

2  Thank Julian G
"jungle safari"
"no hesitation"
"fantastic tour"

Reviewed 18 November 2013

One of the reasons I chose Manakamana Tours with which to make a booking was because they didn't have a single bad review that I could find - without exception everyone had been pleased with the team no matter if touring or treking. Well all those reviews were absolutely spot on. Brothers Achut and Keshav who lead the Manakamana team are superb organisers besides being just so helpful and friendly. The whole trip was organised by email, they were more than happy to adjust their standard tour and responded positively to all my requests. They organised the tour very well, we didn't have to worry about a thing and all the Manakamana staff were so nice and helpful. They recommended places to go, places to eat and to shop besides sharing cups of tea and bottles of beer. No time was wasted and in 2 weeks we'd toured Kathmandu, paid a flying and really memorable visit to an amazing Bhutan, made a quick dash to spend two nights in the Chitwan, visited the Manakemana temple - in the hope that the Goddess Bhagwati would grant our wishes - Nagarkot and Bhakatpur and spent our final days celebrating the festival of Lights for the Godess Lakshmi with the Manakama team who shared their sweets and snacks with us just as they do with all family members and friends. We also found some time to rest!! A thoroughly amazing trip - I hope to come back as there is so much more I haven't seen and I'd recommend the Manakemana team to anyone.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Just returned from a trip to Tibet and Nepal organised by Achut and his team at Manakama Treks and Expeditions. From the outset when i booked the trip and had great communication with Achut and Keshav who promptly answered any questions i had and when i asked to choose an alternative hotel in Lhasa there was no problem at all. When I arrived in Kathmandu there was transport waiting to collect me. I had a couple of days in Kathmandu before flying to Lhasa and Achut arranged for a local guide to show me around and he made suggestions on where to eat which was very helpful. Again on arrival in Lhasa we had an excellent guide in Samdup who was very informative and made us feel very welcome in his country. The hotels in Tibet were excellent ie Tibet Gorkha Hotel in Lhasa, Hotel Yeti in Gyantse and the hotel in Shigatse. The road trip from Lhasa back to Kathmandu was absolutely stunning with the views of the mountains, and especially Yamdrok Lake. We also visited Everest base Camp but got stranded there for a further 24 hours due to heavy snow and had to be rescued by the Chinese army. Whilst there our guide kept us informed on the efforts to be rescued. It even made the internet as it was so unusual for it to happen but was due to a cyclone in India. Samdup and our driver then made a concerted effort to get us to the Tibetan border so i didn't miss my flight home. As we got to the border control to return to Nepal Achut kept in contact and arranged for transport to take us back to Kathmandu. To sum up it was a trip of a lifetime. Achut and his team provided a fantastic service at a very reasonable price and I would definitely recommend them.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I organised a solo trip for myself through the Manakamana team and I must admit it was definitely the right choice. They organised everything for me to get to my numerous destinations in the different countries without fail.

I traveled to 4 different countries and I was always met at the airport or hotel on time and never had to wait taking out the major issues with transportation. Achut, Keshav and Krish were all well experienced guides themselves and were able to tailor a trip to what I wanted to achieve from my adventure. More importantly they were all really nice approachable people who you could sit down and have a meal or drink with.

The tours organised were excellent and the local guides were all experienced and spoke several languages. Time was well used and not wasted and I saw and experienced a lot over a short period of time.

In short, Manakamana tours will make sure you have a fabulous time - Just leave it with them and they will get everything sorted for you.

1  Thank pieboy4