“Annapurna Poon Hill Trek & Jungle Safari Tour”

Manakamana Treks & Expedition Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
US$110.00*
and up
Explore Namo Buddha Day Tour in Dhulikhel
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the complete travel solution who cares you personally and treat you as valued customer .We customizes your holiday’s schedule in fairly price with quality and personalized service and also we are equally aware to preserve native culture and environment. We are practicing the policies of Responsible tourism and also always keep on our mind regarding the benefits of local communities and their values. We also arrange charity trips to assist in the educational areas or necessary things for the orphanage and children of lower income people, support for literacy programs and health camp in rural area like dental clinic camp etc.
Chalfont St. Giles, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Annapurna Poon Hill Trek & Jungle Safari Tour”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

In March 2014, I went on my own, for 15 days on the Annapurna Poon Hill Trek & Jungle Safari organised by Manakamana Treks & Expedition based in Kathmandu. It was my first visit visit to Nepal. I am in my late 70th but fortunately quit fit. I did find the trek up to Poon Hill, 3210m a bit hard going but with the encouragement of my wonderful guide and porter I knew I could do it.
Apart from the trek there was so much to do and see. The organisation was perfect and I can not believe that so much could be achieved in the time. Achut and Keshav, the owners took care that every day was enjoyable. I recommend this tour to anyone, young or old.
K. Lamb

Visited March 2014
1 Thank LambK2014

Doha, Qatar
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Annapurna Trek and Safari”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Excellent travel company! We spent two weeks in Nepal and it completely exceed our expectations thanks to the great organisation and professionalism of Achut and his team. The itinerary was very well put together to cover as much as possible within the short time, the hotels we stayed in always seemed to be the best of the area we were in, and the guides were well informed and looked out for us. They were brilliant!

Visited March 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Everest base camp trek”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

In December 2013 I went on a trek to Everest base camp organised by Manakamana Treks and Expeditions in Kathmandu. This was the third trek I had been on that they had organised. As with my two previous trips the service I got was excellent throughout. They can be safely and warmly recommended. This is a small company located in Thamel in Kathmandu, run by two brothers, Achut and Keshav. They are well established and have guides and porters they have known for many years. Contact prior to my trip by email was efficient and friendly and these two words characterise all aspects of the service I got. I was met from the airport and treated like a friend, not just a client. My hotel in Kathmandu was good, the flights they arranged to the start of the trek and to return to Kathmandu were on time. My guide , Krishna, and porter Ale, were excellent - they took great care of me and I had the comfort of knowing my well-being as well as my enjoyment of this wonderful trek were their top priority. Manakamana Treks are professionally organised but the added factor is that sense of personal service that you get. The trek itself lasts 12 days - 7 walking to base camp from the airport at Lukla and 5 back. From the outset the scenery is spectacular -and it just gets better the higher you go. Lodges are good and the food tastes great after a days walking! Base camp itself was a real highlight. There are some long climbs but, if you take things steadily, they are manageable. Going in December meant that it was cold at nights so you sit close to the Lodge stove and go to bed early - but it also meant nowhere was crowded.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Neil S
Solihull, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Tibet Cultural Tour - memorable”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Got back from Nepal 2 days ago following an 8 day trip to Tibet organised by Achut and Keshav. Arrangements went very well and our Tibetan guide Tashi was most welcoming and knowledgeable. Tibet is now part of China but Tibetans' Buddhist faith helps retain an identity. Tibetans are friendly and some of the hotels are surprisingly well equipped although if you travel in the close season November and December onwards it is wise to take a sleeping bag and warm clothing as some hotels have no heating and may not have electrical power for part of the day or running water either.

I would gladly recommend brothers Achut and Keshav who run Manakana Treks; they treat you like friends and efficiently manage the details and will sort out any challenges immediately. Their Tibetan Cultural Tour involves spending a couple of nights in Kathmandu before and after the trip to Tibet and this allows a thorough brief prior to flying to Llahsa and a debrief of your experiences when you return.

Manakamana Treks also organise trips to Bhutan and parts of India so we may well use the firm again!

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Julian G
Dublin, Ireland
“Combined Chitwan, Nepal & Bhutan Cultural tour”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

One of the reasons I chose Manakamana Tours with which to make a booking was because they didn't have a single bad review that I could find - without exception everyone had been pleased with the team no matter if touring or treking. Well all those reviews were absolutely spot on. Brothers Achut and Keshav who lead the Manakamana team are superb organisers besides being just so helpful and friendly. The whole trip was organised by email, they were more than happy to adjust their standard tour and responded positively to all my requests. They organised the tour very well, we didn't have to worry about a thing and all the Manakamana staff were so nice and helpful. They recommended places to go, places to eat and to shop besides sharing cups of tea and bottles of beer. No time was wasted and in 2 weeks we'd toured Kathmandu, paid a flying and really memorable visit to an amazing Bhutan, made a quick dash to spend two nights in the Chitwan, visited the Manakemana temple - in the hope that the Goddess Bhagwati would grant our wishes - Nagarkot and Bhakatpur and spent our final days celebrating the festival of Lights for the Godess Lakshmi with the Manakama team who shared their sweets and snacks with us just as they do with all family members and friends. We also found some time to rest!! A thoroughly amazing trip - I hope to come back as there is so much more I haven't seen and I'd recommend the Manakemana team to anyone.

Visited October 2013