“'Once in a lifetime' trip to Nepal, Tibet and Bhutan - simply fantastic!”

Manakamana Treks & Expedition Day Tours
Nagarkot Guided Day Trek from Kathmandu
US$90.00*
Experience Kathmandu: 5-Hour City Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the complete travel solution who cares you personally and treat you as valued customer .We customizes your holiday’s schedule in fairly price with quality and personalized service and also we are equally aware to preserve native culture and environment. We are practicing the policies of Responsible tourism and also always keep on our mind regarding the benefits of local communities and their values. We also arrange charity trips to assist in the educational areas or necessary things for the orphanage and children of lower income people, support for literacy programs and health camp in rural area like dental clinic camp etc.
Cape Town, South Africa
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“'Once in a lifetime' trip to Nepal, Tibet and Bhutan - simply fantastic!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I’ve just returned from a fantastic ‘once in a lifetime’ experience exploring Nepal, Tibet and Bhutan. Achut and Kershav of Manakamana Treks are most professional and well organised and I would recommend them without hesitation. One of the reasons I chose Manakamana Treks was because they didn't have a single bad review that I could find. I had concerns as a solo traveller but there was no need for any anxiety. For Tibet and part of Nepal, Manakamana paired me up with a lovely fellow traveller to form a ‘group’. Throughout my trip the guides and drivers were superb, most knowledgeable, helpful and great fun specifically Tan Zin in Tibet. On the trip from Lhasa to Everest Base Camp (Qomolancma), Xigatse to the Friendship bridge we saw some of the most amazing landscapes on earth passing small Tibetan settlements, nomadic herdsmen wandering across wide arid plains and awe-inspiring peaks plus beautiful monasteries. The drive is slow which helped with acclimatisation however I’d taken Diamox and Ibuprofen as live at sea level and had no altitude problems at all.
Bhutan is a remarkable place to visit with its spectacular mountain scenery and rich Buddhist culture with one of the highlights being a hike to Tiger’s Nest monastery with my amazing guide, Tashi. In Kathamandu and Pokhara, Nepal I visited beautiful historic sites, ancient temples and shrines, golden pagodas and fascinating villages. I was lucky as travelling in July was hot with surprisingly little rainfall in spite of it being the rainy season. I was rewarded with fabulous views of Everest and Annapurna peaks. Generally the hotels were fair and well located; toilets were the squat type with few western types

I would recommend you going to Nepal, Tibet and Bhutan with an open heart and an open mind respectful of customs and dress code. The entire trip, the beauty of the countries, the contrasting Hindu / Buddhist cultures, food, temples, everything, made this trip a most memorable experience. Manakamana is an excellent travel company!

Visited July 2014

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tibet Culture Tour”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Our nine day trip through Tibet from Lhasa to the Freedom Bridge (with a few days in Kathmandu each end) was excellent. We were well looked after by Manakamana and by the local guide and the driver in Tibet. We learned a great deal about the culture of Tibet and of Nepal. The trip met our expectations and we would not hesitate to recommend Manakamana Treks. They handled everything smoothly, including obtaining the visas and permits essential for travel to Tibet.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Tom M
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Ghorepani (Poon Hill) - 4 day trek”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I had a great short trek via to Ghorepani and Ghandruk last week. Krishna was an excellent guide - very thoughtful, explaining more about the communities we passed through, and generally concerned to make sure everything was ok during the trip. When Poon Hill was in cloud he was visibly concerned that I was missing out on the highlight and very relieved when the clouds later cleared. Achut and Keshav take customer service very seriously, responsive via email when making arrangements in advance, and making every effort to ensure clients are happy and well looked after. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Jon H
Chalfont St. Giles, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Annapurna Poon Hill Trek & Jungle Safari Tour”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

In March 2014, I went on my own, for 15 days on the Annapurna Poon Hill Trek & Jungle Safari organised by Manakamana Treks & Expedition based in Kathmandu. It was my first visit visit to Nepal. I am in my late 70th but fortunately quit fit. I did find the trek up to Poon Hill, 3210m a bit hard going but with the encouragement of my wonderful guide and porter I knew I could do it.
Apart from the trek there was so much to do and see. The organisation was perfect and I can not believe that so much could be achieved in the time. Achut and Keshav, the owners took care that every day was enjoyable. I recommend this tour to anyone, young or old.
K. Lamb

Visited March 2014
1 Thank LambK2014
Doha, Qatar
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Annapurna Trek and Safari”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Excellent travel company! We spent two weeks in Nepal and it completely exceed our expectations thanks to the great organisation and professionalism of Achut and his team. The itinerary was very well put together to cover as much as possible within the short time, the hotels we stayed in always seemed to be the best of the area we were in, and the guides were well informed and looked out for us. They were brilliant!

Visited March 2014