“Just like home and family”
Review of Trekkers' Home

and 1 more site!
Trekkers' Home
Ranked #17 of 210 Hotels in Kathmandu
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We stayed at Trekker's Home for almost 2 months. Before arriving, I had done quite a bit of research and chose this hostel for several reasons: only apartment in downtown Thamel, good reviews, good communication with the owner, Rajendra, and a good deal on the apartment. It is 3 bedroom with a large living room, 2 full bathrooms, and a spacious kitchen. It is on the roof, the only room there, so the view and sunlight are magnificient.

On our arrival everything was new. New stove, new refrigerator. It was gorgeous and clean. They have a laundry service and will also supply large jugs of water for a nominal fee. I didn't expect the manager to be SO hospitable and kind and he really made our visit. Dipendra Bhatta is the best manager we could've hoped for. He got cabs, cars, made trips, and organized our bungy jumping and white water rafting for minimal stress to us. He got us good deals on everything from cars to massage packages. He had dinner with us and even had his cooks prepare goat curry for us, a Nepali specialty. The Wifi was adequate, and he even installed a new router to speed up our internet and provided us with an office since my husband was still working during our trip. The view from the rooftop deck was gorgeous.

In short the staff was gracious and always willing to help. The manager was the best I've ever stayed with. The apartment was clean and well-stocked. The only drawback was the loud restaurant's generator which they turned on during load-shedding but this is typical of the country and a minor inconvenience at best. I would stay here again anytime, it's my home away from home.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lola M

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I used to stay frequently at the Kathmandu Resort Hotel, but it went down and continued to do so, therefore I needed to find another pied de terre in the capital. Having scoured Kathmandu for a reasonable budget hotel, I found the Trekkers Home scored reasonably well on Tripadvisor. My first night there was not good, as my room was on the right side of the building overlooking a huge construction site that was noisy with a shunting lorry at some unearthly hour of the morning. The next morning I asked to be shifted to the other side of the building; was asked to pay a little more as these were superior rooms, and everything improved. I liked the warm duvets with their good quality covers - so much nicer than the usual (dubious) blanket. The room was rather dark but this was no bother - the great thing was that it was really peaceful. The only negative was that the bathroom was a bit tatty, but even then, at least there was plentiful hot water. The staff were very cordial and there was an additional benefit in the shape of an excellent Indian restaurant, the 'Spice Garden' just two floors below my room. I look forward to returning soon and yes, this could become my new home whilst in Kathmandu.

Room Tip: Get one of the rooms to the left side of the building (opposite side to the construction site).
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MRBandipur
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here only for one night before going on a trek so just booked a standard budget room but for the $7 per person cost were really happy, sheets were clean, room was big enough to sort our gear out in and the shower was hot.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Danny276
Reviewed 2 December 2013

The stay in this hotel was amazing and the staff was very friendly and welcoming.
The hotel room was nice and the hotel has all the services needed. (Wifi, Laundry, Restaurant, massage, etc…)
The hotel manager was a great help, he is very well experienced and got great connections to give you best prices.
When I first reached Kathmandu the manager and the driver came to pick me up.
They were very welcoming and dropped us at the hotel.
Even though it was already late he waited for me to check in and rest and make sure that everything was satisfactory.
After Checking in I sat with him and I told him the activities that I wanted to do in Nepal.
In half an hour he gave me my plan and he got everything booked and organized for me, as internal flights, trekking, bungee, transportations, accommodation in “Pokhara “ etc...
Therefore I was relieved and my trip was really a great vacation as I didn’t have to worry about anything now that I know my plan and that everything is prepared for me.
In addition, sometimes I wanted to change some elements in my plan, I would just call the manager and tell him, and he was flexible enough to directly provide me with any services I wanted.
I would definitely recommend him to anyone as he is a great trip advisor and consultant and he would definitely make your stay in Nepal an unforgettable trip.

Room Tip: Just talk to deep (the hotel manager) and he will fix whatever you desire :) excellent stay :)
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nadim h
Reviewed 1 December 2013

we read many hotel review in Kathmandu, we choose this hotel it is convenient place in Thamel area near dubasque, room is good clean, have good wifi connection, and they are very kindly service mind, manage plan us very convenient and great trekking trip..Trekker's Home is highly recommended hotel...thanks for for all great service

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank arunotaiiii
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

The airport pick up is not free and the staff charged us USD7, which is way more expensive than we catch a cab and go to the hotel ourselves!!!

We stayed there for 2 days and these was not a second the tap was running hot water, not to speak the water was smelly and in yellowish color.

I really don't understand why this hotel could score 4 or 5 marks given the place was so dirty, we killed several cockroaches every night. I also notice the spelling of the manager's name is perfectly the same in most reviews. However, we could not have luck to see him or have his name card, otherwise I would tell him how bad I felt on staying in his hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
11  Thank vkf123
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Rooms are so clean & which is 24 hrs hot shower @bathroom with soft bed it was so warm.Services too quick and staff could read ur mind.what guest needed....Food is so Delicious.... Actully Awesome Hotel... thank you guys to takeing care of us liked a family...

• Stayed: September 2013