“Good clean hotel, Great staff, inexpensive”
Review of Hotel Norbu Linka

Hotel Norbu Linka
Ranked #96 of 209 Hotels in Kathmandu
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The Hotel Norbu Linka is clean, has great staff, a good breakfast buffet, and is inexpensive. This was my 3rd visit to Kathmandu, and I once again stayed at the Norbu Linka for more than half of my nights in Kathmandu. My friends and I went to Nepal to trek to Everest Base Camp, and our trekking company arranged for us to stay in a different hotel just before and just after our trek, so we had a chance to compare. The other hotel was newer, glitzier/more modern, and not bad at all. It also cost 75% more per night, the breakfast wasn't as good, and - worst of all - it had a night club that played very loud music that could be heard in our rooms late at night. I was glad to get back to the clean, quiet, friendly Norbu Linka !

Room Tip: There are no elevators, so best to ask for a room on one of the lower floors.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Parabopete

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Staff were lovely and attentive- nothing was too much trouble. Very friendly. Stayed before and after Everest trek- they stored all our luggage and provided us with a pack breakfast for our 5am flight to take with. If it was in our price bracket, we would have definitely stated longer.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank josiemallin
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Thank god for this hotel that they were able to accommodate us last minute when our earlier hotel last minute cancel our reservation
Nice cosy hotel. Sleep quality is great. Room are cosy. Bathroom can be improved but most importantly clean. This hotel caters mostly for trackers of Mt. Everest. Staff are nice and humble. Food is great at the hotel be it Western or Nepalis. This is not a luxury hotel so don't have high expectations. This hotel doesn't have a lift therefore if you think you cant walk up then please feel free to request a room at 1st floor. If you are not satisfied with something, please speak to the staff. This hotel is also walking distance to Tamil market where you can get t-shirts and other soveniours to take home. Rooms are priced reasonably following market rate. Please bare in mind that accommodation in Nepal is usually much higher. Overall this is a great hotel to stay at if you are most of time moving about. Thank Mr. Sukman Tamang the GM and the rest of the team making our stay comfortable.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Reka08
HotelNorbulinka, E-Commerce at Hotel Norbu Linka, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Reka,

Thank you for writing such a detailed response about your stay on Trip Advisor. Your words are extremely encouraging for our team.Of course, it does not come easy. Customer Service is our focus and the guiding light in all our actions. I have forwarded your review to all those concerned specially to Mr. Sukman Tamang (GM) & all other team member and they all are so proud to hear about your review.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we do hope that your memorable experience will bring you back here in the near future.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I have just came back from a week in Nepal, I stayed at Norbu Linka Hotel for 2 nights and I would like to thank all the hotel staff involved from the Manager to the driver who picked me up. Concerning the location, It is very well located closed to heart of Thamel. However, the location is excellent if you rather a quieter ambient. The staff is very helpful, they can provide you whatever you need during your stay. and always disposal to help you. Rooms are clean. AC & TV. Beds extremely comfortable, important after some days weeks trekking. Excellent breakfast. Fast Wifi connection, and really good value quality & price. Definetely. I will come back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank viti81
HotelNorbulinka, E-Commerce at Hotel Norbu Linka, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Viti,

Thank you so much for your valuable time to post your comment on TripAdvisor regarding your visit to our hotel. Your words are extremely encouraging for our team and we are glad to know you like our overall service and hospitality. Customer service is our 1st priority and we always work very hard to deliver out of the box service to you.As most of our Staff members have been working with us for over 15 years, that's where the sense of ownership arises and you get that extra mile of service.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and encouraging us with your sincere appreciation. We do hope your memorable experience will bring you back to our hotel very soon.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I think this hotel has a friendly and helpful staff. I really enjoyed my stay here! I liked the fact that this hotel was not on the main road so I didn't hear the sound of the busy street. They provided a nice warm western breakfast as well nice locally brewed Himalayan coffee. My only complaint is that the internet speed in Nepal is a little slow and that the tv channels were not very clear.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Andrew W
HotelNorbulinka, E-Commerce at Hotel Norbu Linka, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Hi Andrew !

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is really great to know that you like our hotel location, room and breakfast specially locally brewed Himalayan coffee. Thank you for your kind feedback and yes as you said internet speed in Nepal is little slow and tv channel was not clear .

We hope that you will give us an opportunity to welcome you back at Hotel Norbu Linka so that we can provide you more better service on your next visit.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed at norbulinka when I was on Everest expedition, I was amazed by the friendly welcoming staff, convenient and quite location, comfy mattress, clean rooms, 24 hours service and most importantly 24 hour wifi and hot shower, I enjoyed my stay and I look forward for my next visit soon .... Thank you Norbu Linka for the pleasant stay and your hospitality

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Sherpaspeed

Hi Sherpaspeed !

We are pleased to receive your nice review and your satisfaction with our services. Thank you for writing such a detailed response about your stay on Trip Advisor. I have forwarded your review to all those concerned and they all are proud to hear about your review.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed here several nights, before and after our mountain trek. We had several meals including breakfast and dinner. Everyone in the hotel was very service friendly. It is located just a two minute walk from the center of the Thamel area. The showers were hot, the rooms had air condition, the beer was cold and the wifi worked. What more can I say.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sam M

Hello Sam,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to post your comment on TripAdvisor regarding your visit to our hotel. We really feel validated when customers return to our Hotel and it is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our team’s efforts and takes the time to write about it. Your comments will be shared with our entire team, as reinforcement to continue with efforts to make us a leader in excellence.

Thank you for having chosen to stay with us. We hope that you will stay with us again!