My husband and I stayed here for 3 days in April 2014 and were picked up from the airport free of charge. The type of room we had booked was not available when we arrived so we had to stay in a “deluxe” room for the first night which was far below our expectations and extremely basic. The staff did their best however to find us a better room and were very apologetic. However we were given a “super deluxe” room the next morning which was much more acceptable (although still fairly basic by Western standards). But apart from that initial problem we were extremely happy with our stay there. The restaurant staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We ate at the hotel restaurant every evening and were very happy with the food (Western style although there was a wide choice of cuisines available). The free breakfast was also very nice with a good choice. We enjoyed sitting in the garden which is very pretty and we had our meals there too – choice of shade or sun. The hotel is very close to the streets of Thamel where you can find everything imaginable to buy, and about a 20 minute walk from Durbar Square. There are plenty of taxis and rikshaws available close by. Although Thamel is very busy and noisy, we found the hotel nice and quiet even outside in the garden. We also enjoyed the free wifi which was very good.
We would definitely recommend the International Guesthouse.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FREE breakfast,wifi,airportpick up,parking,locker services,,, ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd so you can book your International Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- International Guest House Hotel Kathmandu
- International Hotel Kathmandu