“Feel the Glance, the environment and the experience of Kathmandu Madhuban Guest house”

Kathmandu Madhuban Guest House
Reviewed 7 February 2014

If you want to feel special and experience the true nepali hospitality. This is the place where you have to be. During my 15 days of stay in this hotel, i was given exclusive care in all of my expectations. and was really satisfied. Specially Mr. Laxman, made my trip successful and was well planned to visit places in nepal.

Room Tip: Room # 403. There is a roof top garden and a good ambiance in the room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Reynold D

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Very friendly staff and very accomidating. This was one of the cheaper hotels that we stayed at in Kathmandu and for its price, was better than expected. The rooms were nice and thou we didnt eat the breakfast was told by other travellers that the food was good.
On a side note, I would like to commend the staff, after a late night out we -somehow- misplaced my friends travel pouch, with her Id/passport/cash/etc. the guys at the desk went out of their way to look around for us and found all our belongings. Crisis adverted. They also helped us move our stuff for shipping and organised taxis for us. These guys were great.
Again, cheers

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank James H
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We stayed a couple of days here. It was brilliant. The cheapest rooms but great value . clean and comfortable, Staff was very friendly and helpful, nice Roof top terrace, beakfast is included and one can choose what to eat. Included in the price is also wifi (on the all area of Guest House ) Owner Laxman is helpful. Thanks for a great stay .We were very happy with our stay sure Would recommend .

Stayed Jan 2014, traveled a couple

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maki T
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Stayed here with my boyfriend. Arrived in Kathmandu almost 12 might night but hey, the hotel driver is still waiting for us.

As a fist time traveller in Nepal, I was somehow astonished that I can't see any woman working in this guesthouse. Though I trusted my bf as he is a frequent client of this hotel. And it turn out that they were the nices guy, very helpful in all ways. We left them 1 one of our big bag before setting out for a 2 weeks trek and when we came back. the bag was still the same, nothing was stollen.

We stayed with them 2 nights during x'mas and 1 night before flying out. The last night was a treat, that they gave us their rooftop room within the garden.

I would highly recommend this place to stay when visiting Kathmandu.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank raquel m
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Ideally located near the roundabout of Chetrapati. Good price/quality. Good service and quiet room. And certainly also a wonderful shower.I could go on internet, even late in the evening. Excellent breakfast also. the boss give me interesting information for visiting Kathmandu. I will definitely stay there again when ik come back. Alain from Belgium.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We arrived carelessly without arranging our trip plan and thanks a tone to these guys.They arranged everything for us from sightseeing to pokhra visit,our flight ticket to everything.Location is awesome because it is situated in middle of thamel. Staff is very helpful and extremely courteous.Tourist attractions & Shopping places are on walking distance.Will come back soon and refer to other peoples definitely.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I did not book anything prior to coming back to KTM from Pokhara. So I was lucky to land in this place, and I would like to share it.

This guesthouse is just 2 mn away from Thamel, as it is located in Chhetrapati.
That is actually the best compromise you could get to enjoy going shopping in Thamel, while staying in quiet, affordable place at the same time.

You can find different kinds of room standards, that will suit your budget and demands.
As I lost my credit card, passport, mobile, I eventually had to downgrade to a cheaper room.
They were very helpful to me to get things sorted out.

Showers are really hot (not just lukewarm), there is a free wifi access, and PCs are even provided to connect on the internet (all included). This came quite handy for me, in my situation...

I will definitely come back to this place.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo