All reviews deluxe rooms older rooms desk staff garden area free wifi currency exchange great shower trekking company hotel location is would stay again day trek wifi works standard room thamel market first floor great location in thamel rooms are clean and comfortable
Reviewed 25 October 2013

The guesthouse is perfectly located in the center of Thamel, The staff are really friendly and helpful. For the money you pay this is a great place and i would highly recommended, i will be staying here again when I return.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My friend & I had a great stay in the hotel. Very friendly staff & we enjoyed our welcome drinks at the lobby. Good locality in the tourist area of Thamel with easy access to shopping & food. The twin room facing the garden was clean & comfortable. However, breakfast was just simple. The corridor (with motorcycles parked) & entrance to the hotel does not portray a true picture of this great hotel. One of the better hotel we stayed in Nepal.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

I love the location of this guest house. The staffs there are friendly and nice. They are provide free drinking water at the lobby. But it is noisy at night and early morning started around 5am. Lack of choices of breakfast and no fan in the room. Overall is still good.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

My friends and I stayed at this hotel in August 2013. We absolutely loved it! the hotel staff was so nice and welcoming. The room was cleaned for us everyday so we always had clean towels and a made bed. In the lobby we were always offered tea, which was delicious. Next time I go to Nepal, I'm definitely going to stay at the Potala Guest House!!

Date of stay: August 2013
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I spent about a week at this place and loved it. The location is awesome and the staff is great and very helpful. It can be a little noisy at night sometimes but mostly it was quiet. We had the rooms facing the garden most times. The restaurant wasn't very great and we preferred eating out.

Date of stay: July 2013