All reviewsdeluxe roomsgarden areafree wifigreat showertrekking companyday trekwifi worksthamel markethot waterexcellent locationconvenient locationan oasisa great place to staytwo nightspatialanepalheart
Reviewed 30 October 2013

From the first sight the room seemed ok. You don't expect too much for 25 dollars a night.
The disaster started at about 1 AM with a strong smell of smoke, the source of which we could't find. Nobody was in the corridor. The smell might have come from one of the rooms I think. The management let smoking in the hotel and even provide ashtrays for this.
Then a time of noise had started (good timing). The walls are very thin, so you can hear literally everything in the nearest rooms. I could hear very well the toilet flush. Then you could hear all the talking and doors banging and slamming. At 4 AM someone called our room phone in the room. That was unknown Nepali woman who didnt speak any english and god knows what she wanted from us.
Ok, i put the and tried to sleep. But our windows faced some local people rooms and those people started to make some noises after waking up. They expectorated and talked and clanked the dishes very loudly. Closing windows and earplugs didn't help, the noises were too strong. I tried to talk to those people, but nobody replied.
There was also a very annoying noise which reminded rolling of metallic tanks. No idea what was that.
My friends staying in this hotel were even less lucky: an Indian family broke in their room at 1 AM and turned on the light (while the friends were asleep).

1  Thank Maya005
Reviewed 29 October 2013

The guest house (cheap hotel) is located in an excellent location in Thamel. Windows are thin so it does get a little noisy at times but easily ignored. Rooms facing the courtyard garden are best and have a decent wifi connection. When I stayed in the room facing the road I could barely get a wifi signal. The rooms were clean and free drinking water is available. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the garden for a nice breeze and wifi connection.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Johnny5230
Reviewed 25 October 2013

The guesthouse is perfectly located in the center of Thamel, The staff are really friendly and helpful. For the money you pay this is a great place and i would highly recommended, i will be staying here again when I return.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My friend & I had a great stay in the hotel. Very friendly staff & we enjoyed our welcome drinks at the lobby. Good locality in the tourist area of Thamel with easy access to shopping & food. The twin room facing the garden was clean & comfortable. However, breakfast was just simple. The corridor (with motorcycles parked) & entrance to the hotel does not portray a true picture of this great hotel. One of the better hotel we stayed in Nepal.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

I love the location of this guest house. The staffs there are friendly and nice. They are provide free drinking water at the lobby. But it is noisy at night and early morning started around 5am. Lack of choices of breakfast and no fan in the room. Overall is still good.