“Feels like home!”

Ranked #74 of 193 Hotels in Kathmandu
Sydney
“Feels like home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

I came across Hotel Pilgrims through Mountain Ram Adventures Trekking company who arranged my accommodation.

I found this simple and remarkable hotel to be of great value. The rooms, bathroom were always clean with white sheets and comfortable beds. Wifi in room making my stay was so convenient, breakfast at the hotel was one of the best I have had in Thamel. Staff were respectful & helpful, always greeted me with a warm welcome "Namaste" and friendly smile without interfering my privacy (I had experienced that some other hotels staff were almost too friendly and it made me feel uncomfortable).

The hotel is in a convenient location on Z-street, it's close to many restaurants, convenience stores and there is a local tea shop nearby. As a solo female traveller and after having stayed at many hotels in Thamel, I have finally found a place that feels like home (I ended up staying here a total of 10 nights).

I would recommend Hotel Pilgrims to my friends and family and I will definitely stay here when coming to Nepal next.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Pollen C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

By Kathmandu standards I'm sure Hotel Pilgrims is among Thamel's better hotels, but no way would I label it as 'excellent'. We stayed a total of 7 nights in 3 different rooms between March & April. All bathrooms were a little run down, beds were a little on the uncomfortable side, and the rooms facing the main road were noisy at night. [502, 503 if I remember correctly]

All that aside, value for money was excellent and the service was amazing. We were always greeted with a friendly smile. I guess it's hard to rate a hotel when you don't know what you're comparing it with in the same market. The true guide to a hotel's worth is whether you'd stay there again… and I would gladly stay at Hotel Pilgrims again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

This Hotel has everything you need for a pleasant stay in the fast-paced, bustling suburb of Thamel - Kathmandu. The beds are comfortable and clean, the rooms have ensuites, 24 hour hot water & concierge staff. Plus, the 6:30-11am breakfast is such an awesome way to start the day, and the staff there serve you better than Nepali 5 star!

Located near all the action in Thamel, but a little out of the way from the noise and dust.. Next door is also a great spa house for massage therapy and general pampering.

Oh, P.S. Check out the glorious rooftop views! Wow!

Room Tip: Get a room with a window away from the z-street side. If you don't like stairs, don't pick...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
BOP New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Our stay at the Pilgrims has been outstanding. This is now our 5th place to stay in Kathmandu and far exceeds anywhere else we have stayed,from a point of value for money but more importantly the friendly service from all the staff. Nothing is a problem, the food outstanding, the rooms extremely clean and comfortable. We have now used this as our base in Kathmandu 3 x and will choose Pilgrims for all future stays in Kathmandu!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

During my 6 week trip in Nepal I have spent a number of times in the Pilgrims hotel in Kathmandu. The rooms (towels, sheets, bathroom) were always clean. As important as the tidiness of the rooms is the service. Whenever I asked for a tour, a taxi or advise about a trekking they guys always came up with the best ideas. As a Dutchman I never want to pay too much and I therefore know that what they offered my was really good. The people in Pilgrims hotel are hospitable, friendly and cooperative. Next time I visit Nepal I will definitely visit them again! Philip(s)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed in Hotel Pilgrims for several nights with a friend of mine and we both found it to be the most accommodating and accessible spot in town. Upon arrival was given a welcome drink and a tour of the property, when I mentioned I was looking for a little more than juice to drink they quickly inquired after my preferred beverage and instructed me to head to the top deck and someone would be right up with me request. By the time I climbed the stairs all the way to the top I was stunned by the 360 degrees of unexpected beauty this backstreet gem was hiding. Within minute my new best friends was there with a delicious pinot noir (that I know for a fact he had to go out and buy) and a bowl of freshly popped popcorn. As the time passed other expats found there way to the top and we had a lovely meet and greet before all deciding to hit the town together. The hotel is situated in perfect walking distance to anything you want to see and do in Thamel. They were happy to store our bags while we went trekking and were ready to greet us with more wine and popcorn on our return. The whole experience was surprisingly delightful and I still dream of my sunrise yoga sessions and happy hour cocktails on that rooftop. Excellent value for the money. I will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Hadera, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed at the hotel last week. The hotel is at very central and convenient location.
The best thing about the hotel is staff. They are extremely kind and helpful, and always smiling. The staff are very reliable and trustful. The rooms are comfortable, and there is 24 hours hot water. The lobby is very comfortable, fast WIFI and lovely garden on the 6th floor.
Tsippy and Tal