“A rare find!”

Hotel Pilgrims Pvt. Ltd.
Ranked #98 of 210 Hotels in Kathmandu
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I had such a wonderful stay here, I returned from an out of town trek to this same hotel, badly needing some comfort from another lesser hotel. The rooms are clean and fresh, beds here are exceptionally comfortable, the English speaking staff courteous and attentive, and most importantly, they have a generator so my air conditioned room stays cool along with lights and ELEVATOR fully operational. More? Priced very affordable!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I am very pleased during my stay at Hotel Plimgrims Kathmandu. Staff is always smiling and provide good service which we can not forgot .
Food was awesome.Will suggest this hotel for good and budget stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed at the Pilgrim for two days before a trek and for about a week after the trek. I was completely happy with my hotel experience.

The rooms at The Pilgrim were large and nice, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful, the free breakfast was tasty, and the location was perfect. No complaints. The manager of the hotel made me feel well taken care of, even booking the perfect hotel for me in another city. The roof deck was super relaxing (I recommend taking breakfast up to the deck in the morning). And I met some interesting people in the lounge area.

If you stay, check out the Buddha Cafe located two blocks away. Awesome and inexpensive.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2014

It was our first day in thamel ,and through an agent we were introduced to this fantabulous hotel
"PILGRIMS". The first look of the hotel looked was so magnificent, that we made our mind to stay here in this hotel.The hotel is so well designed and well equipped with modern facilities. And food,
it is mindblowing .Everyday you get a variety of tasty meal,anytime morning or evening.The rooms
are so much comfortable that you would not leave the room untill you are forced by parents or someone. The tarrif of the rooms was also much reasonable, that we stayed there for almost 6 to 7 days.The best part of the hotel was its staff.they were so kind, that if we were in some problem
they were ever ready for help. the hotel even managed our adventures. Words cannot describe the greatness of this hotel, so i request all the travellers to once visit the hotel and enjoy a great stay there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay in Hotel Pilgrims. Its Very good hotel For family stay. Services are very fast .Team is very gentle and always in welcoming mood . We enjoyed very good Indian Food , continental and Indian complimentary breakfast also. Whenever we visit Kathmandu ;will stay in same Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Recently I put my student group (US university undergraduates) at Hotel Pilgrims for several nights preceding and following an extended trek. We came because I am personally acquainted with the one of the managers, Mr. Sohan Shrestha who had previously worked at a different hotel where we used to stay.

In short, our experience was ideal. The hotel is well located in a quiet part of Thamel that is accessible to many places, and the staff cares a great deal both for the physical condition of the hotel and for the guests. The complementary breakfast is simple, but wholesome. There is no garden, but the porch upstairs is nicely landscaped. The hotel is recently renovated, andI suspect the look of the lobby and restaurant will become cozier and more homey as time passes.

Staff did a good job helping to defray the inconvenience of Kathmandu's persistent electrcity failure, and there is an elevator which is nice for rooms on the top floor.

My only criticism are the shamelessly faked photo-shopped images on the hotel website which makes it look like the property is surrounded by towering Himalayan summits. The mountains should be visible from the upper floors, looking north on a clear day, but nothing like what's shown in the promotional photos. Be reassured, in other ways, Hotel Pilgrims more than lives up to how it is portrayed. We all had a wonderful time and look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Up high, facing north, east or west.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed at Hotel Pilgrims at the beginning of our trip to Nepal, and again for one night at the end of our trip. The hotel is located deep in Thamel - the tourist center of Kathmandu, on a narrow dead-end street. What makes this hotel stand out is the service. All of the staff are genuinely friendly and attentive to the needs of their guests. This is a solid 3-4 star hotel (using my scale based on significant international and domestic travel). The rooms have a/c, there's an elevator which is helpful if you're on the 5th floor. As in all of Nepal, there are regular power outages, so the rooms can get warm when the a/c goes off. The lobby is inviting, with sofas and tables (and free wi-fi) and the mix of guests coming and going adds to the international interest.

There's a restaurant in the basement. I only had breakfast there - buffet style. Typical selection of Nepali and Western fare. I always eat the same thing when I travel - juice, coffee, and boiled egg with toast, so I can't comment on the quality of the other food.

I would definitely return to Pilgrim's the next time I'm in Kathmandu.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends