“A hotel with a great welcome”

Hotel Pilgrims Pvt. Ltd.
Ranked #93 of 210 Hotels in Kathmandu
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I have stayed here a couple of times and always find the staff very welcoming and helpful. Prices are good. There are some rooms which are cheaper with only and internal window but there are also some nice rooms - some with excellent views.
The breakfast is good - there is something for everyone and the staff, again are very helpful. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 603 is a suite with a great view and HUGE big bed plus a single and loads of space to spread ou...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Staying at this hotel absolutely MADE our trip to Nepal. We were very lucky to have booked this hotel because we made a last minute decision to visit Nepal and we weren't sure what we wanted to do with our 1 week there. Well, our week turned into 3 because we scheduled a trek through the trekking company Swan Valley managed by same people from this hotel. We knew that they gave us a great price for a 14-day Annapurna Circuit trek because we had done considerable research online prior to going to their office. They helped us prepare all the extra materials we needed for our trek in less than one day. I cannot recommend doing this trek through the hotel and with our guides specifically highly enough. Our guides Ishwor and Puspa were the best-- professional, attentive, flexible, and very fun to hang out with. I'm only a little embarrassed to admit that our goodbye with them was tearful one for me. My boyfriend agrees that when we come back to Kathmandu for another trek, we'll be coming back to this hotel. The one suggestion I would make is to provide guests with a complete trip itinerary on the first day of the trek.

In summary, the hotel facilities and location were good (e.g., clean, comfortable, decent breakfast, WiFi, AC and of note, city-wide power outages not the fault of the hotel), but the service and staff were great beyond our expectations. Most memorable vacation ever.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daisy T
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I was one of a group of people from Wyoming who stayed here both before and after a trek in the Himalayas. The staff was courteous and professional. The rooms were clean and well maintained. We ate breakfast at the hotel every day during our stay, and I ate lunch there on one occasion. The food was excellent and the dining facility appeared to have a high standard of hygiene. The hotel is in the budget class and represents excellent value for the money. I will stay here again if I return to Kathmandu, and I would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I had such a wonderful stay here, I returned from an out of town trek to this same hotel, badly needing some comfort from another lesser hotel. The rooms are clean and fresh, beds here are exceptionally comfortable, the English speaking staff courteous and attentive, and most importantly, they have a generator so my air conditioned room stays cool along with lights and ELEVATOR fully operational. More? Priced very affordable!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I am very pleased during my stay at Hotel Plimgrims Kathmandu. Staff is always smiling and provide good service which we can not forgot .
Food was awesome.Will suggest this hotel for good and budget stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed at the Pilgrim for two days before a trek and for about a week after the trek. I was completely happy with my hotel experience.

The rooms at The Pilgrim were large and nice, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful, the free breakfast was tasty, and the location was perfect. No complaints. The manager of the hotel made me feel well taken care of, even booking the perfect hotel for me in another city. The roof deck was super relaxing (I recommend taking breakfast up to the deck in the morning). And I met some interesting people in the lounge area.

If you stay, check out the Buddha Cafe located two blocks away. Awesome and inexpensive.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2014

It was our first day in thamel ,and through an agent we were introduced to this fantabulous hotel
"PILGRIMS". The first look of the hotel looked was so magnificent, that we made our mind to stay here in this hotel.The hotel is so well designed and well equipped with modern facilities. And food,
it is mindblowing .Everyday you get a variety of tasty meal,anytime morning or evening.The rooms
are so much comfortable that you would not leave the room untill you are forced by parents or someone. The tarrif of the rooms was also much reasonable, that we stayed there for almost 6 to 7 days.The best part of the hotel was its staff.they were so kind, that if we were in some problem
they were ever ready for help. the hotel even managed our adventures. Words cannot describe the greatness of this hotel, so i request all the travellers to once visit the hotel and enjoy a great stay there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family