“Had a great experience at hotel mums home :)”

Hotel Mums Home Pvt Ltd
Ranked #11 of 207 Hotels in Kathmandu
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I found hotel mums home ranking high at trip advisor and I decided to give it a go. It turned out better than my expectations! The hotel staff were really friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and spacious. Travel desk was ready and help me make arrangements with my trip from flight and car to hotel and day tour. I will definitely recommend this place to my friends who will be visiting Nepal.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
8  Thank Cynthia T

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

We booked mums home via booking.com after reading some great reviews in tripadvisor. From beginning to end every thing was perfect. We got five stars label of services and the staffs were really helpful. I had to change my flight date and front desk staff helped us to solve this problem. It is not only a hotel but place of total travel solution.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank rachel c
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Maybe me and my friend were the first Indonesian who stay at this hotel.
Waiters were very polite and friendly made me very touched by the kindness of the Nepali. Cuisine at the hotel is also my passion, and free of my favorite tea and coffee.
This hotel means everthing to me, that's all.

Thanks for your hospitality guys

Warm regards
Mansergh -Indonesia

• Stayed: July 2014
9  Thank manserghk
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The hotel provides nice and comfortable rooms at a very reasonable price. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Our flight departed late at night so we checked out as normal and left our bags at the hotel. After spending the whole day out and around Kathmandu, the staff allowed us to use an available room to shower and get cleaned up before our flight.
Breakfast was provided with make to order eggs as well as a few buffet items.
The bed in the room was quite comfortable and provided a really nice experience. It is located in the Thamel area off a narrow road and is a little bit difficult to find the first time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Ryan F
mumshome, Owner at Hotel Mums Home Pvt Ltd, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Reviewer
Thanks you so much for spending your valuable time to review hotel Mums Home with great words. As said in slogan" Mums home : truely a home away from home", we wish every tourist enjoy their stay with us. Yes we do allow our guest to leave their baggage while they are out after cheak out. We are glad that you mentioned the breakfast quality, bed quality and extra service by allowing you to take shower. These charanteristics had made us different than others. We hope to see you again at Mums Home.

sudarshan & team
Hotel Mums Home
Kathmandu

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

During our 15 days long trip to Nepal we stayed for about 5 days in kathmandu at the Mums home hotel. Initially when our tour organiser Ram recommended us this hotel owned by them we did not know what exactly to expect, but having stayed there we definitely recommend this hotel to everyone. The rooms are very spacious, extremely clean (includes the room in general and the toilets). The hotel has all the facilities one can imagine of, 24 hour laundry service, free wifi, unlimited tea/coffee throughout the day. The hotel is located right in the heart of Thamel area in Jytha. All the top restaurants are within walking distance of the hotel. Having said the food in the hotel itself was pretty good. The hotel staff was very courteous and proactive. They helped us with everything right from queries about local area and other places to other things in general.

I would really like to recommend this hotel having stayed here.

Stayed: June 2014
6  Thank Pherenetik
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

It is a home rather than a hotel. I stayed five nights at hotel mums home and every single day were sweet and memorable. Room provided were cleanest and full of modern facilities like tv, phone, wifi, minibar,hairdryer and tea makers. Bathroom was cleanest and experienced real hot shower . Staff were so friendy, honest and helpful. On the day i suppose to fly Lukla i left neplease ruppes one hundred thousands under my pillow. I totally forgot it but in while the manager of hotel came to airport and hand over the cash. It is quite impossible to get such a big amount of money in several other places but Mums home showed it's honesty. Any one staying or thinking to stay at mums home may feel like home and it is 100% safe place.

Stayed: June 2557, travelled solo
5  Thank Nihon0
Reviewed 27 June 2014

lets begin from the the airport. I did not have to wait even a minute at airport. A spromised by hotel owner, vehicle reached to airport to ecort us to hotel. Driver was friendly and van was quite clean.
Arriving hotel, we were greeted by staff with natural and hearty welcome and offered fabolous welcome drinks.After registration , we were taken to a room which was beyond our expectation. I had read the review of hotel and decided to choose Mums Home but after seeing high level of cleanliness , spacious room with balcony, clean and large toilet/bath, international standards matress,clean bed sheet, pillow cover, quelt and aroma of room, I was seriously impressed. Wide screen LED T.V , REFRIGERATOR, Iron/Iron pad, tea maker & hair dryer were provided at rooms. Even small but very essential accesories such as sweng kits, tooth brush/paste,sampoo,soap,shower jel were available at room and bathroom.Proper hot shower was provided and as an indian we feel comfort in using bucket/jug while taking bath, were also provided to us.

The breakfast had large selection.Toast, muffin, boied veg.Hashed brown potatoes, pancake, grilled tomatoes, sweet corn pudding, sasauge,fish grilled, choice of eggs, fruit salads,green salads, cereals , hot milk, tea/coffee/juices and for Indian paratha, alu Bhaji extra were provided in buffet breakfast.Meals were delicius, hygienic and cheaper than restaurant around.

Any time, when we were about to go out and return back to hotel tea/coffee were provided on complements. We always had bottles of drinking water at room FOC. Room clean service was amazing part of service and the loundry was slidely expensive but best and delivered in time.

We booked tour ( Kathmandu, Nagarkot,Chitwan, Pokhara, Sarangkot,Bandipur, Manokamana temple from the travel desk of hotel. Car was brand new Toyota and driver was friendly and caring. Hotel provided in each places were excellent!

The Only thing that made us disappointed is that we invited the owner Sudarshan for joining dinner with us but he could not manage time. He had to attend marriage party of his friend. He has promised to accept out invitation next time because we are going back to Nepal and staying in Mums Home again.

Room Tip: Chhose high floor rooms, close to rooftop garden , city view and balcony.