“Great Choice”

Ranked #10 of 198 Hotels in Kathmandu
Europe
“Great Choice”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

In July/August my uncle and I stayed for 9 days in Kathmandu. We needed to find a place that is well located and where we can be assured to enjoy our stay for so many days. We decided to book at Hotel Mums, because of the great Tripadvisor reviews and we were indeed very happy with our choice.

+ Very cosy hotel
+ The rooms are very clean and taken care of
+ Very comfortable beds
+ Reliable Internet / free wifi
+ Reliable electricity (generators)
+ Very friendly staff. From the managers, to the security guard, driver, waiters, cleaners. Especially the receptionists were exceedingly good at their job. The girl during the day and the night receptionist, who both made us feel like coming home every day and who were very helpful at all times.

We will return!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
9 Thank dy108
mumshome, Owner at Hotel Mums Home Pvt Ltd, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear Guests
Thanks you so much for your great review on hotel Mums Home. We are so glad to have you as our guest for nine nights and it is delighting to hear that you enjoy all your stay at hotel Mums home. Reviews always encourage and guide us to make improvement and we assure you that next time you will feel and find Mums Home even better.

Wishing you all the best
Sudarshan & Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

My experience:
1. Best customer relations.
2. Super polite and friendly staff.
3. Highly felxible and helpful.

I strongly recommend this to anyone travelling to Kathmandu. All of them are affable and this is very important for me.
The rooms are clean and spacious. The guests don't suffer the wrath of frequent power cuts in Nepal (even a/c works in Generator).
Service is prompt.

Personal thanks to Mr. Bidaan who arranged everything for us in the last minute and took care of all the minute details to make our stay comfortable and fruitful.

Thank you!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank arunsrinivas
Dear Sriniwas and sweet family
Thank you so much for your complement you expressed in your reviews. We are so glad to see your satisfaction after staying at Mums Home. Your true experiences that you expressed will always help our guests to choose Mums Home as their address in Kathmandu. We believe and hope to see you two again next time. As you live in India and we are close by, it is eMums Home even better.

With Best regards
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 29 August 2014

As a solo female traveler I had to consider so many time to find safe and comfortable hotel. After surfing in internet I found Hotel Mums Home with so many great reviews and decided to stay. As described in hundreds of reviews I found Mums Home really delighting, safe and value for what I paid. From check in to check out time I was treated as family and offered great smile ever.
The front desk guys were so great and specially Thanks to girl in reception who always paid her attention and smile. Breakfast was free and includes several course, hot shower available 24 hrs and room was super clean. If you are planning to go Kathmandu go straight to Mums Home where you always get care and true hospitality.

Room Tip: I stayed Room 204 which was smaller but really quite.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank indogirl001
Dear Nick
Thanks for your great complement writing excellent review after your real experiences in hotel Mums Home. Your review is not only explaining about the reality of Hotel Mums Home but also very information for other tourists who stay in Thamel area and like to visit some world heritage sights like kathmandu durbar Square, Garden of dream, Tourist Bus station and former royal palaces.

We highly appreciate your review and hope to see you again in your next visit to nepal.

Best regards
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I have been to Nepal 5 times and has been staying in this hotel ever since. The hotel room cleanliness, great food, good location and most importantly the friendliness of the hotel staff contributes to my return to this hotel numerous times.

It is situated in Thamel which is very convenient to get good food and do some shopping while in Kathmandu. Walking distance to a taxi stand nearby eases you to get around the city or you may arrange tour packages in the hotel itself with good rates offered.

I will return to Kathmandu and choose to stay here again. Hotel Mums Home definitely lifts up its name as a cozy, affordable and great hotel.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank jon_boy85
Dear Guests
Hotel Mums Home always remember two of our friendly guests from Korea ! yes you came at Mums Home as guest and went as friends. We feel proud to have you as our guests. More than that we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and you satisfied the tour our ttravel desk organized.

Wish you great time!

Sudarshan & team
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

By seeing my title it is easy to understand. What iam gonna writting! Yes hotel mums home is located in central tourist hub of Thamel district from where major restaurants and tourist attractions are couple minutes walking. Dream garden is about five minutes, Narayanhiti. Musieum is 7 minutes' kathmandu durbar and Living goddess Kumari temple is 15 minutes walking. Tourist bus stand is 3 minutes walking so you won't miss delicious breakfast as you can have breakfast at 6:30 am and walk bus stand to travel any major cities. ROOM AT MUMS HOME is super clean and comfortable. Wifi works perfectly every where at hotel premises.Staffs are too friendly and cooperative. HOT SHOWERA IS perfect and it is most peaceful. Hotel in Thamel.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank nickmrl
Dear Guest
Thanks for your testimonial after your stay at hotel Mums Home. We are centrally located and we are trying to deliver excellent services in affordable price. We will try to improve and add more services without increasing the cost so that guest can enjoy their stay feeling like being at their own home.

Sudarshan Neupane
Hotel Mums Home
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I stayed at Hotel Mums Home before and after my trek to the Mt. Everest between 3/28/2014 and 4/18/2014. not only the room was extremely clean, spacious, the breakfast was amazing, the most important, everyone works there were so friendly, nice, and helpful! specially the owner Mr. Sudarshan Neupane, while I was trekking the Mt. Everest, my porter said he was sick, he left me at Lobuche by myself with my injured toe, I contacted Mr. Neupane, he asked his friends help me find another porter and make sure I would be safe and successfully finish my base camp trek. when I got back to Kathmandu, I stayed at the Mums home of course,, everyone at the hotel made me feel like home, Mr. Nepane called the porter's agent, make them return the rest of the porter fee, everyone at the Mums home becomes my friend, they helped me arrange my trips around the Nepal, took me shopping, help me anyway possible. it just like a family. When I decided go to Pokhara, Mr. Neupane arranged bus ride, even make sure I got the river view on the bus, and arranged another very nice hotel at Pokhara with very good discounted price!!

Once I went back to Kathmandu from Pokhara, I need a place to take shower and prepare back the the US, Mr. Neupane let me use a hotel room take shower. the Mums home also let me leave my stuff there, when I went to the base camp or the Pokhara.

I would never forget my Mt. Everest base camp trek, and I would never forget these friends at the Hotel Mums Home, everyone was amazingly nice with a lot of compassion and integrity. I still miss all of them, am planning back to Mt. Everest again next year, 2015, and my only choice of hotel is - Hotel Mums Home. I am looking forward to see everyone at the hotel again!!

Lee from US, Washington DC.

Room Tip: I like top floor, which I can see sunny outside with flowers
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Lee0002014
mumshome, Owner at Hotel Mums Home Pvt Ltd, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Reyer Lee
Thank you so much for your wonderful review with your real experiences at hotel Mums home. It has been few weeks that you completed your Nepal holiday and returned to USA. We are so glad that you still remember your stay at hotel mums home.

It was our pleasure to help you while you were in critical situation during your hiking at Everest region. As a responsible hotelier we care our guest while you are in and out of our hotel. We are glad to assist you and made you feel safe & comfortable.

I are excited to know that you are planning to come again. Mums home always feels proud to have you as our guest.

Sudarshan neupane
Hotel Mums Home
Kathmandu
Nepal
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Fine facilities and good location, settled in the middle of the Thamel, with reasonable prices; most of all, amazingly friendly hotel employees! We stayed there for five nights and I had the best hotel experience. Facilities were not fancy like 4-5 star hotels in the Las Vegas, but hospitality of the staffs cannot be compared. We had heart warming experiences, and touched by their kindness. They also connected us to a tour company. Our guide Kumar was so kind and knowledgeable. Thanks to him, our days in Kathmandu will be remembered as one of the best travel experiences we ever had! I STRONGLY RECOMMEND to have a guide tour from the hotel. Hotel also has a good A/C, free and fast WiFi, and their continental breakfast is also excellent.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Junuan
Dear Guest and reviewer

Thanks so much for taking your valuable time to review our property in such a beautiful way. Our motto is guests satisfaction. I wish our guest enjoy their stay at Hotel mums home maximum and feel like being at home. We hope to see you again in Nepal and at hotel Mums Home in future.

Sudarshan & team