“Amazing ”
Review of Dabali Thamel Pvt Ltd - CLOSED

Dabali Thamel Pvt Ltd
Cuisines: Nepalese, Fast food, Wine Bar
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Amazing food. Excellent service the staff were all so nice and welcoming. A good range of veg and no veg food and it had a friendly vibe and relaxed atmosphere. Could spend all day here just sitting on the large sofas

1  Thank Charchargabor

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I ate the chicken pyatala here on Friday night and it was excellent. This restaurant really looks to have curries as their specialty and I was not disappointed. Everything about this dish was superb. The accompanying roti was the best I've had in Nepal and I've lived here for two and a half years.
Service was overall good. They didn't rush me to leave when I finished my meal even though I spent about 10 minutes just playing on the Wi-Fi. However, the waiter was rushing off after taking my meal order without asking if I wanted a drink. A small blemish in an otherwise delightful experience.
Down the quaint Sagarmartha Bazaar, Dabali is a haven for someone craving curries in quiet, but social setting. It is incredible value too. My food and drink came in under 500 NPR including all service charges and taxes. This is definitely a restaurant to put on your list of places to eat in Thamel.

1  Thank geelongexpat
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Nice little sanctuary set aside from the hustle and bustle of Thamel Kathmandu. Run by a local family who seem to pride themselves on running a clean hospitable establishment.

Went there for dinner and breakfast during my stay in Kathmandu. The curries and the local dishes that I tried were tasty. Everything was cooked fresh in the kitchen.

Would recommend.

1  Thank Craig L
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Super cozy and friendly, and _really_ good food. Personally I got addicted to their mint lemonades :) the owner and his family are incredibly nice and friendly people and will help you figure out the perfect dish for you if you're unsure what to try.
We came back so often that we almost felt like stalkers ;)
The location is on a calm and clean side street of hectic thamel. Especially after dark it got very cozy with colored lights hanging from the surrounding buildings.

1  Thank HannisAlbinsson
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Walking in crowded Thamel use lot of energy so I found this restaurant at one of the small street. It is very calm and peaceful place. When I sit down there and listen quiet music I felt like in different world. Staff is very nice and friendly and I love their food. Price is reasonable and Wi-Fi works as well. I wanted stop only for tea, but I tried sandwich which was delicious and saw other food which looks great. I will definitely come again.