“Wonder Hotel in Kathmandu :)”
Review of Hotel Mi Casa

Hotel Mi Casa
Ranked #14 of 198 Hotels in Kathmandu
Vancouver, Canada
“Wonder Hotel in Kathmandu :)”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

A perfect Hotel !!!!

I had a perfect stay at Mi Casa. The staff is wonderful and makes you feel very special, you will feel you are more than just a guest.
Excellent breakfast - they ask what you want for breakfast and you got it!
Also the hours for breakfast are until 11 am.
Very clean hotel, clean rooms. There is a terrace with many flowers , a nice place to sit.
I will come back and definitely recommend this hotel to anybody travelling to Nepal.
Thanks to Mi Casa!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank beauty2014
Dear Sanjib Neupane,
Namaste from Nepal!

We thank you so much for your feedback about Mi Casa on tripadvisor.
Greatly appreciated!

Thank you for choosing our płace to stay while in Kathmandu.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Lahore, Pakistan
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

You can call this place a hotel in general but it is more like a home. Staff is very good and passionate to serve you. They really work for you. There is a Muslim restaurent near this hotel name Al Madina. Outside the hotel, you find many shops and the only place I think in Kathmandu for so many shops. The top room name is Mount Everest where I stayed, you will hardly receive the WiFi signals on Apple Devices. Samsung Galaxy S4 is proven 100% working. If you're muslim, then you may face dirty water in the bath as Nepal is facing the shortage of Water and Electricity.
If you want to come with you family, welcome home.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Naveedtaji,
Namaste from Nepal!

Thank you so much for writing a review about your stay at Mi Casa on tripadvisor.
Greatly appreciated!

We are doing our best to give the best service possible which in Nepal is challenging at times due to many problems that Nepal faces. Providing the best standards in things such as clean water is also challenging due to problem of water sources in general in Kathmandu valley. But we are doing our best and will always try to improve our services because we value our guests opinion and their satisfaction is very important to us!

So we thank you for your feedback.
Wishing you all that is best!

Regards,
Ramiro
edmonton
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I am a long-time visitor to Nepal and have to say having accommodation like MiCasa in Thamel is a godsend!
Clean, comfortable, friendly with amenities that actually work! Sylvia and Ramiro have put so much effort into creating this cozy place away from the hustle of the busy streets of Kathmandu.
I was impressed with MiCasa from the moment I stepped into their courtyard restaurant and left satisfied and happy with my stay.
I stayed in the Manaslu room and had occasion to look at a couple of other rooms. They all looked amazing. I will be staying again during my November trip to Nepal . Congratulations Ramiro and Sylvia.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank 66wanda
Dear 66wanda,
Namaste from Nepal!

We thank you so much for writing such a nice review about us on tripadvisor.
Greatly appreciated!

We are so happy that you liked your stay with us especially that you have been coming to Nepal for so many years now, so it means really a lot us to receive such a great feedback from you!

We hope we will not let you down next time when you visit us.
Wishing you all the best!

Namaste,
Bern
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I had a fantastic stay at Mi Casa in Kathmandu. They picked me up from the Airport for free, they already arranged my room, even I arrived very early in the morning. The owners, Dhruba and Sylvia, welcomed me to their beautiful hotel like a family member coming home. I loved my room. It was so quiet (and that is rare in Kathmandu), it was very clean with a wooden floor, lovely furniture, hot water and wifi 24 hours. The whole design of the hotel and the outside sitting areas are so nice. I like that they do not use a generator and that you can refill your bottle of water anytime for free at the hotel, instead of buying all the plastic bottles. They care about the environment. I enjoyed my conversations in the evening with Dhruba and Sylvia - they are just so honest, open and friendly hosts. Also, breakfast was fantastic and I enjoyed a great dinner, made by cook Ganesh - his Dhal Bhat is really nice. When I returned to the hotel for a quick visit before leaving Nepal after two months, Dhruba saw me coming around the corner, welcomed me with my name and invited me for a nice masala tea. That shows, he really knows his guests and he is really caring about them. I travelled Nepal already 4 times now and stayed always for several weeks, but Mi Casa Hotel is one of my favorites and it truly deserves to be on place 1 on tripadvisor. I am happy to come back soon.

Room Tip: They are all nice. I slept at Himal Ganesh which is great for single travellers.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Ajanoria
Dear Ajanoria,
Namaste from Nepal!

WOW. We were gifted with such a beautiful review. And we thank you so much for it!
We got it in the time that we most needed it! Can't find words to express how grateful we are!

We are not hotel number 1 on tripadvisor anymore but it really doesn't matter to us - because we love what we do, we have a passion for it and love meeting all the people at Mi Casa and running this hotel is the best thing ever!!!!!
So, we hope that you come back and we can be your favorite place to stay once again!
Please come back!!!!

Best wishes!
Hong Kong
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Location is good: right next to the garden of dreams and a few steps from Thamel
Room is good: though it's not big, but the mattress is much better than the GH we stayed in Pokhara...

And the most wonderful thing is the service! The host dropped us at the airport himself and gave us some very good trip advice. I told him I wanted to buy some cashmere gifts so he took us to a very good local restaurant and introduced a very cashmere shop for us. On the last day, our flight departed at 11pm. When we got back to the hotel towards day end, he offered a room for us to take shower and have rest. He also gave us free rides to monkey temple, airport, etc. Well all these were indeed out of our expectation I must say.

The host told us he wants Mi Casa to be everyone's home in Kathmandu. He has done a great job!

And finally one tip of cashmere: the host says original cashmere, which is very expensive ($100+), cannot be found in Thamel. In Kathmandu, 100% cashmere scarf is around Rs.1000.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank heatherbobo
Dear Heatherbobo,
Namaste from Nepal!

We thank you so much for a nice review on tripadvisor.
Greatly appreciated!

We are not a hotel number 1 on tripadvisor anymore but thank you anyway for writing that we are ranked no.1 for a reason.
We love running this hotel, care about each of our guests and always care about providing the best service that we possible can! It's because we have a passion for it! And because we simply love running this small hotel!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us!
It has been great to have you here!

Warm wishes!
Dhruba
West Milford, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I traveled to Nepal with my husband for the first time April 2nd - April 18th primarily for a trekking experience in the Majestic Himalayas and to see/experience the Nepali culture. This hotel was our home base throughout our entire trip, and was literally a Home away from Home, which is very important when traveling so far abroad. The instant we stepped foot inside the hotel, we were greeted by the friendly and warm service, staff, and a cozy, home style atmosphere - from the wonderful decor of the rooms to the overall good energy and vibe of the entire place, we really did feel safe, secure, and comfortable. The owners (Sylwia and Dhruba) are so welcoming, helpful, and just overall wonderful people who are always there and available to cater to each individual guest's needs and top assist them in the planning of their trip in Nepal. They truly go above and beyond to make everyone's stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible, and you leave with the feeling that you have made new friends for life.
The location of this hotel is also very close (literally an alleyway) to the main heart of the busy and often times chaotic Kathmandu tourist district of Thamel, so you are just a stroll away from any of the great Thamel restaurants, cafes, and stores in the area. We highly recommend "The Roadside Cafe" and "Phat Kath" as 2 of our favorites. If you need directions or recommendations, just ask Sylwia and/or Dhruba and they will be more than happy to tell you of some great spots to see and eat at.
Overall, I think this Hotel was what made our stay in the city that much more enjoyable, because once you get over the initial culture shock of being immersed into a third world country's culture and everyday life, the stress of traveling accumulates .. and you tend to crave that feeling of home and security at night which undoubtedly this hotel provided to us. That feeling is truly priceless, and its something that the larger, more exclusive/expensive hotels are lacking. I would highly recommend this place to anyone traveling to Kathmandu, Nepal who wants a very clean, cozy, comfortable, and friendly place to stay in the heart of the city. In the end, you really do come as a Guest, but leave as a Friend" :)

Ania & Paul ( from New Jersey, U.S.A)

Room Tip: since there are a total of 9 rooms to choose from, all of them are unique, cozy, and comfortable but...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Anna M
Dear Anja Maria,
Namaste from Nepal!

We thank you so much for a beautiful review and kind remarks you shared about your stay at Mi Casa on tripadvisor.
Greatly appreciated!

We are so happy that we were able to cater to your needs and thrilled to hear that we were your safe place and a home during your trip in Nepal.

Again - we thank you so much and really do hope to have you back here in near future!

Wishing you all that is best!

Regards,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Whilst in Kathmandu I stayed at Mi Casa and also at one of the top hotels and I can say I much preferred Mi Casa.

Dhruba and all the staff really make you feel like you are staying with friends and go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need. He also is a great tour guide and can answer any questions you have as well as take you anywhere you need to go.

I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Acacia_1979
hotelmicasanepal, Owner at Hotel Mi Casa, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Acacia,
Namaste from Nepal!

Thank you so much for your kind remarks about Mi Casa hotel on tripadvisor.
Greatly appreciated!
We are so happy that you think of us " something special" - it's really nice to hear, so thank you for it!
Would love if next time while you are in Kathmandu , you will choose to stay with us!
Hope to see you again!