“A home away from home”

Hotel Mi Casa
Ranked #15 of 202 Hotels in Kathmandu
“A home away from home”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Mi Casa surpasses being just a hotel. Here, you are a family member. Every attention and care are made to make your stay enjoyable. The staff is genuinely friendly and all are quite proficient in English. I give Mi Casa two thumbs up!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank francescakim
hotelmicasanepal, Owner at Hotel Mi Casa, responded to this review, 7 September 2014
Dear Francescakim,
Namaste!

Thank you for a beautiful review !
We are so pleased that you had a good stay at Mi Casa!
Trying our best to make it a home away from home.
Thanks for the two thumbs up!
Hope to see you again!

Best wishes,
Ramiro

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Paris, France
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I was travelling alone in Nepal and had booked my first night at Mi Casa hotel, it was by far the best decision I ever took. Ramiro and all the hotel staff went out of their way to make my stay in Nepal amazing. First of all, the hotel itself is really great, cute place with a lot of warmth, very clean, cosy and with great food. But Ramiro also organized my whole trip in Nepal and Bhutan, and it was amazing, I was a little anxious before going to Nepal as I was travelling alone, but Ramiro made sure I felt safe, and not only was the trip amazingly organized, but the quality of the services was really superior. During my 7 day trek in the Langtang valley, Ramiro made sure my guide was really great, and he was (all the other tourists doing the same trek were envious of my guide).

All in all, I couldn't be happier with the choice I made to stay at Mi Casa, if you are hesitating to book this hotel, have no fear, it's the best choice you could ever make ;)

Thanks to Ramiro and to all of Mi Casa staff for the best vacation ever.

Room Tip: any room is fine
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Cecilia M
Dear Cecilia,
Namaste from Nepal!

WOW!!! Thank you for such a beautiful review!
Can't find enough words to thank you!!!

We are so pleased when we can meet with guests expectations and offer the best service possible, the best advice, the best of everything!
So happy that we were able to do it this time too!

Thank you!

Wishing you all the best!

Kind regards,
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I had only 3 days available for Kathmandu tour but i wish I would have 3 more weeks for kathmandu tour and enjoy more at Mi Casa. Rooms at Mi Casa are excellent and the breakfast provided us was superb. Moreover, the friendly environment at Mi Casa is another attraction. Ramiro, a happy person always made us happy at Mi Casa. Ramiro and his team are so friendly and helpful. I have traveled many places so that i have spent many days at hotels but the experience at mi casa is quite distinct than others. The friendly environment, excellent sunny clean rooms, delicious food and beverage, peace environment made me fan of mi casa. I am eager to stay again at mi casa. Good luck to Ramiro and his team.Thank you very much for making my Kathmandu visit so wonderful and memorable. Thanks again

Room Tip: Rooms on the top of the building, Really nice rooms
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Singh35
Namaste!

Thank you for taking your time to write a review of Mi Casa on tripadvisor!

We thank you for choosing to stay at Mi Casa!

Hope to see you again!
And wishing you all that is best!
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My wife and I stayed at Mi Casa for 3 days in August 2014. Ramiro and his staff were very friendly and made us very welcome. We had a great time with the rooms clean and the food good. The place is down a small cul de sac which is surprisingly quiet, away from the hustle and bustle yet very conveniently located in the Thamel area. We would stay here again when we come back to Kathmandu. With just 9 rooms you also get to chat to other guests, something which you might not do so easily in a larger establishment.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank johnclark1903
Dear Johnclark1903,
Namaste from Nepal!

Thank you for taking your time and writing a review of Mi Casa on tripadvisor!

And thank you for choosing to stay with us!
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay here and hope to see you again soon!

Wishing you all the best!
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014

When we arrived at Kathmandu, we were tired and too early to check in. Ramiro kindly gave us an upgraded room for one night so that we could check in early. The staff went above and beyond to make us happy and comfortable throughout our stay and they gave us an excellent first impression of Nepal. The food was excellent and they were very flexible about eating times to fit round our plans. Ramiro was very helpful, making sure that we and the other guests had plenty to do and was on hand to help us make plans during our visit, even taking me and my husband to a local stupa one evening to make sure we didn't miss it!
The rooms were clean and well maintained and we had access to wifi throughout. It is a small hotel and therefore had a much more homely feel about it. We definitely felt welcome throughout and I loved the windows with quotes painted on them. The hotel was full of such touches and we very much appreciated our good luck gifts as we left.
We were over the moon to spend time at this hotel and would definitely return to this hotel when we next visit Kathmandu.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Laura C
Dear Laura,
Namaste from Nepal!

Thank you for your beautiful review on tripadvisor and kind words about everything!
We are so pleased. Can't thank you enough!

We try not only to make Mi Casa your home away from home but also we put a lot of attention to details such as the little positive thoughts written on the glass wall. - so happy you enjoyed them!

Come back! :-). Now you will always have a home in Kathmandu.

Best wishes!
Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My friend and I stayed in Mi Casa for 4 days last July 2014 and it's one of the primary reasons why we love Nepal. The people are genuinely helpful and nice. They really go out of their way to make sure that you feel right at home. It's the little things they do that makes you fall in love with the place - from making sure that your room is clean, customizing your itinerary, to offering refreshments as soon as you arrive from a tiring day of sightseeing, and giving you helpful tips and sharing stories about their homeland. We highly recommend everyone to stay in Mi Casa. You won't regret it!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank lesterobice
Dear Lesterobice,
Namaste from Nepal!

Thank you for your nice review of Mi Casa on tripadvisor.
It's really important for us to make our guest feel happy and we are so pleased to hear that we were able to do it this time!
Thanks a lot!!!

Next time if you travel to Nepal - please do remember where your home is!

Best wishes,
Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My son and I stayed at the hotel for two nights. Ramiro and his staff are outstanding. They are very friendly and extremely helpful with any request. The hotel is basic, but very clean and the rooms are good size. The location is very convenient for seeing Thamel and Katmandu. It can be a little noisy in the morning, but generally very quiet considering it is in the middle of Thamel. The beds are comfortable and a hearty breakfast is provided.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank RTTraveler5
Dear RTTraveler5,
Namaste from Nepal!

We would like to thank you so much for taking your time to review our hotel Mi Casa on tripadvisor.
We are very grateful for your kind remarks about our little place.

Hope we see you again!
And wishing you all the best!

Kind regards,