All reviews green valley garden restaurant hot water pretty garden great central location comfortable room stay there again beautiful garden side street free wifi lovely hotel masala tea thamel district airport pickup trek nepal kp
Reviewed 30 November 2013

The right price for a basic room. Nice garden restaurant in the back. Lobby is good place to hang out. The room was clean but the bathrooms really need to be cleaned such as surfaces of doors and walls.

Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Most of the rooms are really showing their age. They are well worn, and the beds are very hard, so be prepared. Like most Katmandu guest houses, they look dirty, but its just the water things are washed in. Nice hot showers, and wonderful food. They have recently upgraded their garden, and added a flat screen TV in the public area. The wifi is lousy, but ok if you only need to check your email. The family that runs it is warm and friendly.

Room tip: Get a room at the back, on one of the upper floors.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Hotel Florid is a great hotel and I enjoyed my stay there every night! I stayed at Hotel Florid on two different occasions, one night before our trek, and three nights after our trek. Located in Thamel, Kathmandu it is a convenient location for tourists. It is close to many shops, restaurants, and bars within a close walking distance. It is also off of major streets, so traffic noise is not a problem!

The hotel itself is clean and the rooms where nice and good sized. Clean sheets and towels with running hot water for the shower. The main level was clean and a nice area to relax. There was also a nice outdoor patio where we had breakfast every morning. (The hotel is a bed and breakfast) The food was good! We also had wifi throughout the entire hotel.

The hotel is run by a VERY nice family. Always would say hello/goodnight/Namaste!! They were always willing to help you with anything you needed. My friend and I, on our last morning, had a wonderful talk with the owner. He was friendly and polite!

When it was time for my friend and I to leave they all said goodbye to us and told us to come back someday! They gave me and my friend goodbye scarfs which meant a lot. It was truly a kind gesture by them that I won't forget. If I ever go back to Kathmandu, I am staying at Hotel Florid again!!

Thank you for your great hospitality! Namaste

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Jeremy H
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Me & my husband stayed there in October 2013 for 2 nights. We had a budget room for 9.65$/room without bathroom, just with two beds and a table. The location of the hotel is very good, very close to the center of Thamel, close to all cafes, restaurants and shops and far enough from the noise of the center. The room was not very clean, the walls and the sheets were looking old and unclean but according to the price, for a budget room, it was OK. The staff was friendly and helpful. Well, I can recommend if you are looking for a budget hotel but probably, I will be trying somewhere else next time.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This hotel ought to be re-named Hotel Barking Dogs as they start up at about 4am and bark like crazy for an hour or so. It sounds as if they're just outside your room!
The room was pokey and hot but at least it had hot water. Pricey at $15, so we went elsewhere on returning from our trek

Room tip: Avoid top floor rooms as they are very hot!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple