“NOT a star at the horizon”
Review of Hotel Blue Horizon

Hotel Blue Horizon
Ranked #85 of 196 Hotels in Kathmandu
Zurich, Switzerland
“NOT a star at the horizon”
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We arrived in Kathmandu without having any hotelreservation, but because we knew that we would get a free ride to the hotel from the airport we contacted the hotelreservation desk at the airport (being aware that with them you always pay a little too much). We first wanted another hotel which was fully booked, so we ended up in the Blue Horizon.
There are some positive points that made us stay longer than one night: we got a "deluxe room" which was pretty big, had a hugh window towards the garden and the location of the hotel in a remote alley right at the edge of Thamel is pretty nice... the stuff is friendly altough you get the impression they want to sell you trips and so on all the time (if you want them to get a taxi, they offer you there own car, which is about double the taxi price, so you have to go to the main street and get the taxi yourself).
But seen more realisticly the hotel is not very good maintained: our bathroom was pretty old and not good cleaned, some pigeons were nesting next to our window which was dirty because of their excrements (what is not really healthy...). Most disappointing was, that when we returned to the hotel after a trip to Pokhara, we got the same room which was obviously not cleaned since we left (guess their were even other guests in there in our absence): the floor, the bathroom and the bedlinen were that dirty!! Really digusting...
For this price you could get other hotels of better standard in Kathmandu as there is such a big choice...
Annotation: I think there´s a scam going on with some (explicit not all) of the last reviews, there are some pretented to be written by native english speakers (like Canada, USA ect) who write in an awful English that I can´t believe they are real...

Room Tip: take a deluxe room at the corner (D3 ect), check the rooms first, discuss the price!!! there will be...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank worldtraveller269

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Polish first
Farmington, New Mexico
Reviewed 20 August 2011

We got to stay here on a business trip. This is an awesome hotel, great staff and facilities. We had a great time there.

Staff is very good, polite and they miss not opportunity to greet you. Room service was great, i called up reception for something and by the time i got up from bed and opened the door the guy was there.

They served nice food (we had b'fast lunch $ dinner inside hotel). It was simple yet very delicious. They had good variety Food. They provide Free wifi connectivity as well so we did not miss out on official work. Hotel is decorated well, so i took many gr8 pics too.
They have another good service free pick up from air port to hotel.The hotel also a nice place and main city in themal business place.
Thanks

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank albumom
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Namaste I am karel ungr from Australia.That time i am going to Nepal about business.I found very nice people and very nice hotel in Kathmandu.
I often go to Kathmandu for my business purpose and use Hotel Blue Horizon for my comfortable stay. It is not only a Hotel but also like my Home. Peoples are very helpful and friendly. The location is perfect and very quite area of Thamel but very close to the business junction of Kathmandu. I use to take my all meals there which are very testy. Room is very clean with all amenities in. The wi-fi works properly in the room and at the restaurant. This is the best for my business.

It was my luck to choose this property which made my stay wonderful. They picked me up from the airport which was supper. I just love this place and go again for my next business trip in Nepal.
Karel ungr.

Room Tip: There are many kinds room i like best D1& D3 This is very nice.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank karel u
Reviewed 14 August 2011

I was in ktm for about a week. After browsing through trip advisor, I decided to stay in this hotel . My stay was really great in a very affordable price.
- room service was up to the mark
- location is great. It is in the heart of the city.
- beautiful lush green backyard

I highly recommend this Hotel Blue Horizon

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank janet1234567
singapore
Reviewed 13 August 2011

The hotel was positioned at the perfect location just outside thamel shopping area and so it wasn't so noisy and the people there were just great! The food was good and it felt very secure in there...Price was affordable and is just the right hotel that i would recommend if you guys are going to Kathmandu..

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank kumar7777777
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Extremely friendly and hospitable staffs,right down from the reception,driver and even the boss!always ensuring our stay is pleasant.rooms are very clean,good wifi and located just outside of Thamel.Making it quiet and yet convenient.Will definitely go again.

Room Tip: try and get a room in the second block!not the main one with the reception counter.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shawnsylvester
montana
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Hi This is Carrol, i am from Canada. My friend was visiting in Nepal sep 2010. He is staying this hotel this time. when i am coming she told me you are go there this is best place stay. I told her ok i will and look. When i am coming in Kathmandu i don't have any booking. In the airport there are lot of people waiting for guest. And this time i am remember my friend request me too go to stay in hotel blue horizon. I took a car from airport to themal blue horizon.I think i like to stay 1 night there and i will change. When i stay one night i don't like to change another hotel. This is nice garden good food nice and funny person.free WI-FI internet oh this is nice. Any another hotel they took a charge for internet but this place is free. I am stay 5 night there and i will go to trekking for 14 day.When i am back from trekking i am not stay more just one night and back to Canada
In my things this is very very nice hotel in Kathmandu and themal.
This is very good for student group and family.
Thank you .
Carrol

Room Tip: There are dilex and sweet room this is very nice . But stander ansl
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family