“Trekking to Everest Base Camp”

Utmost Adventure Trekking - Day Tours
Ranked #133 of 464 Outdoor Activities in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Owner description: Utmost Adventure Trekking is friendly outdoor adventures tour and trek operator. We offer you the most wonderful experience of your life time and pure satisfaction, by making individual travel plan based on your own wishes, and ensure that you will have safe and well organized travel lead by our experienced local leaders in Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan and India. We also allocate some of our income to uplift community development projects in Nepal.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage
Lake District
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Trekking to Everest Base Camp”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife and I (from UK) joined four antipodean friends who had asked Subin Thakiri of Utmost Adventure (Kathmandu) to arrange our trek. From the moment Subin met us at Kathmandu airport until the end of our holiday three weeks later, we could not have been in more capable nor hospitable hands. We know that Subin has a team of local guides and porters, though we were fortunate enough to be guided by Subin himself. Subin is passionate about his country and is highly knowledgeable abouts its culture, its people, its economy and its geography and topology.
We flew in and out of "the world's most dangerous airfield" at Lukla (2860m). Not for the faint-hearted! The alternative is the walk-in from Jiri - worth considering if you have the time.
The trek from Lukla, including rest/acclimatisation days, took eight days to ascend and four days to descend. All six of us overnighted at Gorak Shep (5184m) and the three of us not suffering from altitude sickness walked on up the Base Camp (over 5300m) and, the following morning, from the summit of Kala Pattar (our highest point at 5623m) we watched the sun rise from behind Everest, a truly magical experience,
In conclusion, we can all highly recommend Utmost Adventure (Kathmandu) to arrange your trek, or any other activity, in Nepal.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Adrianlegge
Subin_Thakuri, Owner at Utmost Adventure Trekking - Day Tours, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Adrian Legge,
Namaste and Greetings from Utmost Adventure!

Thank you very much for your recommendation in TripAdvisor and pleased to hear that you had great time with us during your trek to Everest Base Camp. I will share your wonderful comment with my team and we hope to serve you with the best in future.

With Best Regards,
Subin and UAT Team!

Melbourne, Australia
“The best journey of my life”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

When you think about the Himalayas, you think about their magnificence, their people, all the risks, their landscapes and that sort of things, but you never think that it’s a way to meet your inner person.

In November last year I went to The Himalayas and I didn’t plan my trip at all. I took my backpack, a jacket, my mountain boots, and that’s it, I was on my way of a big adventure. I arrived at Kathmandu and two days later I went to Pokhara. In that little town I started to wonder which travel agency I should hire to do trekking at the Annapurna Circuit.

I checked a few small agencies in the town but I wasn’t really convinced to hire them. One afternoon I was walking long by the town and I met a girl with a big smile. She was returning from her trekking and told me wonderful stories about his trip. I told her that I didn’t have an agency that if she would recommend me the agency that she travelled with. She put me in contact with this agency straight away.

Utmost Adventure Trekking-Day Tours was the name of that company. They immediately replied to my email and in a few hours they organised everything. They offered me different options and circuits, they organised a guide for me, and the next day I was on my way to the Annapurna Circuit.

My porter was so helpful. It was my first trekking in my life and I always felt secure and protected. These guys know their job and all the time I feel so confident and I enjoy every single part of my trip because I know I was in good hands. My guide not just helped me to walk through the mountains, but he also taught me how to walk, how to breathe, how to listen, how to respect the land I was entering to. With every single step I did I knew a bit more about me and about the spirituality of the Nepali land.

I finished my trekking in 12 days with no injuries or bad experiences at all. Of course I took pictures, I made new friends and now I know a little bit more about The Himalayas. But the most important thing that I got from this experience is to meet people with a deep spirit.

Visited November 2013
Subin_Thakuri, Owner at Utmost Adventure Trekking - Day Tours, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Namaste LaSylvana,

We are pleased to hear that you had nice trip during your trekking in Around Annapurna and thankful to have your wonderful review in TripAdvisor. We hope to see you again and serve you with the best in future.

Subin and UAT team!
Taipei, Taiwan
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best travel agent in Kathmandu”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Utmost Adventure is probably the best travel agent in Kathmandu. They arranged Annapurna Circuit trekking as well as great mountain biking and day trips around Kathmandu for us. I have tried several travel agents in Thamel, Kathmandu, but guys from Utmost Adventures are simply the best!

Visited January 2014
Subin_Thakuri, Owner at Utmost Adventure Trekking - Day Tours, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Namaste mtbmatysek,

We are pleased to hear that you had nice trip during your trekking in Annapurna, Mountain biking tour and cultural day tour with us and thankful to have your wonderful review in TripAdvisor. We hope to see you again and serve you with the best in future.

Subin and UAT team!
“Mesmerising ”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Amazing mountain biking and rafting trip!
We are group of friend travelled to Nepal during our holiday; we booked our Chisapani – Nagarkot – Kathmandu mountain bike tour and Bhotekoshi river rafting with Utmost Adventure. Our trip was well organized and Subin Thakuri personally looked after our trip. Guide was very experience, knowledgeable, we had wonderful time during the tour. We highly recommend Utmost Adventure and we will use their service when we go next time!

Namaste Deependra,

We are pleased to hear that you had nice trip during your trip with us and thankful to have your wonderful review in TripAdvisor. We hope to see you again and serve you with the best in future.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mesmerising”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Amazing mountain biking and rafting trip!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Deependra S
Namaste Deependra S,

We are pleased to hear that you had nice time during your trip with us and thankful to have your wonderful review in TripAdvisor. We hope to see you again and serve you with the best in future.