“Very nice quiet place in the center of Kathmandu!!!”

Kathmandu Peace Guest House
Ranked #95 of 442 Kathmandu B&B and Inns
Berlin, Germany
“Very nice quiet place in the center of Kathmandu!!!”
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I stayed a couple of days before and after my trekking trip at this nice place.
The hotel is located in a very green and silence area in the middle of Kathmandu.
The room was very clean and comfortable. The manager of the hotel Mr. Bikash and his stuff were very friendly and helpful at every time. If I sometimes come back to Kathmandu, I m sure, I wil stay there again.

Room Tip: All rooms are very silent and comfortable.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
upreti, Manager at Kathmandu Peace Guest House, responded to this review, 21 September 2012
Dear sir
Thank your for visit our guest hosue and like our service, we all are very happy to see your review at tripadvisor.com, thank your again and hope to see you soon at kathmandu peace guest house . we are always ready to give our service with as much as better.
bikash upreti

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Warsaw
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We stayed in this place 3 nights in June. The rate was 12 usd and it was the only advantage. The room was small but not very clean, the bidet desk was broken and no one planned to fix it for whole our stay. June was definitely off season as we were waiting 60 minutes for breakfast pancake. We had a night guest-big rat that ate our cookies.
Noisy place but good location compare to other Thamel area.
I would not choose this place again for any money. It is good for very budget travellers that do not expect much or rather nothing.
Ewa from Poland

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2012 via mobile

I stayed at Kathmandu Peace for 4 nights and myself along with my friend enjoyed our entire stay very much. We payed 500 Rp per night for a triple room (would have been 700 Rp if we had 3 people) with a shared bathroom in the foyer between several rooms. Our room was clean and the beds were quite comfortable. The roof fan was awesome and best of all the wifi connection was fantastic and indeed worked 24 hours - even when there was no power.

The bathroom was reasonably clean and the shower had hot water yet took half of my shower's length to heat up. The manager (or owner - not sure) was always very friendly and willing to help with whatever we needed. He even organised a guy to help us send over 30KL worth of trekking gear back to Australia.

Overall we enjoyed our stay here very much with the location being perfect, just out of Central Thamel for a good night's sleep. We will definitely return when we come back to Nepal. Thanks heaps!

• Stayed May 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 10 May 2012

The owners were friendly, they had 10rupee water refills, the room was large and I was there with my brother, we ended up paying 500rupee per night for the room. The thing which made this place different is when the power is not on in Nepal they had a lit in each room which was connected separately which always worked which was a nice change from doing everything in the dark. Half the time. The wifi was free and one of the faster wifi speeds offered in the area. Great location also. We had to share a bathroom with a few other rooms but the shower was the first hot shower I had been able to have in a few weeks which was excellent.
All in all I had a great stay there. I'll stay there again next time I head back to Nepal.

Room Tip: The cheapest rooms is what we stayed in and we were near the entrance. We had no issues with noise o...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Malta
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I stayed here a couple of nights at the end of my trip. It was much better than my only other experience of a Thamel guesthouse. This enclave is relatively quiet and there are a few funky little guest houses and restaurants to choose from so it's a good destination to aim for if you have no room booked. The room was OK - bedding felt clean, the shower worked fine and there is some battery back up for the lighting - an important factor in KMD when there are so many power cuts which can otherwise plunge you into total darkness. There was even a fuzzy TV with BBC, CNN etc. for the odd tmes the power is working.The staff are genuinely friendly and helpful. I wasn't leaving till late afternooon but it was no problem to leave my pack in a locked room and they even let me take a shower just before I left - a great relief after wandering through the grime of Thamel all day! Nice garden sitting areas too and you can always a order a cup of tea.

Room Tip: AS with anywhere else the higher up the better to minimise the noise from passing traffic and loudly...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I stayed there for my volunteer orientation. They gave me a single bed room and it was very nice, big bathroom and it could get noisy at night due to wandering dogs around the neighborhood. I stayed for 4 days before my volunteer begins and then an extra 3 days after that. The staff is very friendly, I love how accommodating they were to me and my friends. Mr Raj helped me a lot when I was there, can't wait to come back to Nepal and this place is definitely my top choice to stay.

• Stayed August 2011
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 7 February 2012

This place was a good choice. We were able to safely store our luggage inbetween our trekking tours, the owner was helpful and friendly. The room was very ok, compared to what we saw when looking for a place to stay - not tasteful furnished, but clean. It wa sa Deluxe room in the new building, so somewhat more expensive. Location is great: a bit apart from the action, what made it somehow quiet, but not far to the centre of Thamel. We`ll come back next time. Beds could be better....

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple