“Helpful and welcoming staff”

Kathmandu Peace Guest House
Ranked #88 of 476 Kathmandu B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 April 2014

The highlight of my one night stay here was the people - the patient, helpful boys who met me at the airport and drove skilfully through the chaotic streets, the smiling welcoming man on reception who helped with every question I asked, the young man in the restaurant serving a good breakfast.
The guest house was quiet, allowing for a good sleep, and yet near the centre of the action - close to Thamel and attractions. My room was on the rooftop of a neighbouring house with a small sunny balcony. It was basic, but very clean and had everything I needed for one comfortable night. I couldn't get hot water, or wifi connection but didn't mind that. The two houses had outdoor seating and areas to relax and meet other guests. Recommended!

Room Tip: Rooftop with balcony was worth the climb up stairs.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
upreti, Front Office Manager at Kathmandu Peace Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Dear Guest !
Thank your for your review and like our property for using few night at kathmandu peace guesthouse. Thank your for useing our Airport pickup and like our Guest house staff and Breakfast. Your valuable review will be very important for our management team for upgrate to maintain for facility.
Kathmandu Peace guesthhouse

Reviewed 24 March 2014

This hotel offered us wifi and assistance even before we booked there. The owner went to great lengths to help us fix our travel agency situation, too. An incredibly kind and compassionate man.

The rooms are fairly nice and the hotel is in a quiet area, Paknajol. We had no hot water while there and the wifi was spotty at times, but the beds were fantastic and warm. You can also store your luggage here and use their transport service, which was great.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear guest
Thank your for your review at trip advisor, which is very valuable for us. Time to time we are trying to upgrade our service to our guest. Thank you for staying at KTM Peace Guest house and give us your suggestion.
Thank you and we are waiting your next visit soon
Bikash upreti

Reviewed 14 March 2014

The staff go out of their way to be helpful and welcoming. There is also a free pickup/drop from the airport if you stay 2+ nights. I'd recommend this place if you are coming into the country and don't mind the tepid water so much. It never really gets hot. If you finished a trek and need to relax you may want a hot shower.

The power in the city goes out on a schedule. There is an emergency light in the room. Small and cheap guest houses can't afford a generator. If you want them to turn on the boiler make sure that this isn't during a power outage and then give them a ring at reception. The heater seems to turn the water from ice cold to tepid. It was OK for me when I wanted a cheap hotel for my first few nights.

This place is excellent value.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
upreti, Front Office Manager at Kathmandu Peace Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Dear guest !
Thank your for your valuable review and searing our service at tripadvisor . we are always cearful to guest satisfaction and quality servie maintain. But unfortunately your didin't got hot sawer and tapid water problem, if we know on time we are aredy to fix it withen a minute but we are late so i like to say sorry and promise you next time definitely will not happen. thank you for your support to our management team.
Have a nice time and waiting your next visit to Nepal.
Bikash upreti

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Great place to stay. Bikash helped me at many points, from giving me directions to sights, or helping me with taxi fares and showing me the way to clinics. Bikash stored my luggage while I went to India and helped me book train tickets through India. The night I returned to Kathmandu I got back at 3 am, and he was waiting to let me in the gates. The rooftop view is phenomenal and a great place for late nights. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Dear Geust !
Thank your for choosing kathmandu peace guesthouse and like our service . it is our duty and responsibility to help and make easier to our guest during a staying in Nepal. Thank to used our free luggage storage service which is only for our guest who staying at guest house. Normally we close the main gate after 11 pm, so i thought you was tired with long journey so that i don't liek to wait outside thats way i was waiting outside to carry your bag and make your easier.
see your in your next visit to nepal

Reviewed 7 March 2014

We stayed here March 2014 for 9 excellent days. It was what it said, peaceful in Kathmandu style. I had an accident and Bikash took me to the hospital 2 times, generally very friendly owners and staff. Bikash smart and funny guy, always there to help. Especially if there are peanuts on the table!

Thank you for nursing us with great chai masala and food in the room, for the company on the ismall garden under the sun, generally for everything and mostly for your smiles :)

Giorgos and Artemis

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear guest
Thank your for your review at tripadvisor and staying at kathmandu peace guest house. Thank your again to remember us what i did to you , it was my duty to help becouse of you had bike accident so it my duty and also responsibility to take to hospital for your treatment. i am very happy to know that you like our familier service ...with smile.
we will be waiting your next visit soon.
Kathmandu peace guest house

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I stayed about a week with in this guest house and found it to be comfortable, inexpensive and relaxing. the staff were very helpful and went out of their way to assist me in my stay in Nepal. The food was nice and plentiful. The accommodation is simple but comfortable and clean. Would definitely stay again.
I found this guest house through Himalayan Quest Travels & Tourism. The staff from this company were very very helpful and I highly recommend them to anyone needing travel assistance in Nepal.

Room Tip: Ask the staff for help. They are great and very willing to assist you!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Dear valuable guest
Thank your for your review at tripadvisor and like our service & Food at Restaurant. we always careful for cleanness, comfortable and securety to our guest. For your next visit will be more comfortable & great time to nepal.
Thank your !

Reviewed 13 February 2014

My wife and I just spent 2 weeks trekking in Nepal, staying in Kathmandu, Pokhara and Chitwan National Park. We were fortunate to link up with the hotel in KTM as a mate and his wife had done the same trek years earlier. So with confidence we left everything to Kesab and Khrishna at the KTM Peace Guest House, from picking us up at the airport , outlying a 6 day trek to Poon Hill and Ghandruk which was tailored to our needs, me being 61 and my wife 59 we were looked after famously by our guide Dip and porter Sembu. We stayed.3 nights at Chitwan at the tiger Camp and 3 nights at HOTEL Grand , Lakeside. But the trek was fantastic, so helpful was the guide and the porter they made the trip for us. My advice go with these guys and you will not be disappointed. Honest, trustworthy, reputable, caring what more can we say. Happy to take questions re costs etc. don't worry about buying sleeping bags and thermal coats etc, wait until you get to Nepal, Dip took me to a place in KTM costs were about $60 each for sleeping bag and coats, sure not the real North Face but made in Vietnam or China but did the trick , we were warm thru the night. Going back again to do Everest viewing, can't wait. Do yourself a favour contact me for details etc. form Marg and Justin in Australia.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest !
Thank your for your review at trip advisor and like our service. we are glad to know your are trusting and used our free storage service at hotel. Also we like to say thank to your valuable suggesation for shopping, next time we will directly helping by my self. we all are waiting your next visit to Nepal.
thank you again.