Hotel Ganesh Himal
US$77
US$127
US$68
  • Restaurant
Hotel Yak & Yeti(Kathmandu)
US$205
US$354
US$298
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewshot waterdurbar squarelovely gardenfree airportnepali teagarden areasuper deluxe roomfree drinking waterstandard roomplace to stayclean roomsminute walk to thameltravel deskwelcome drinkmonkey templebreakfast and dinneran oasis
Reviewed 9 December 2009

In October and December I had the opportunity to stay at Hotel Ganesh Himal.
I was so pleasantly surprised to find that the hotel is run by a family and as a result, the atmosphere is so warm and welcoming.
Maya the wife of the owner spent a day with me in Kathmandu shopping and over lunch I learned so much about the culture in this region. It was very special and so appreciated.

There is an exquisite garden in the back of the hotel. An oasis, a place of refuge in such a busy city. This garden is really so beautiful.

The hotel is clean and my room was very pleasing.

Also they have their own dining room and the food is most enjoyable.
If you want it served in either the garden, dining room, one of their may balancies or your own room it is an option. They also have internet which makes the stay at Hotel Ganesh Himal a complete package.

If I return to Nepal I would hope to be able to stay at the Hotel Ganesh Himal (if there is a vacancy as it is most popular and understandably so. I highly recommend this hotel to any traveller.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 December 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Ganesh Himal twice during our trip to Nepal, and found the rooms to be clean, the staff helpful, and the restaurant prices to be reasonable. The hotel is just outside of the tourist area of Thamel, an advantage I think.

The hotel also has a nice garden, roof terrace and balconies on each floor. There is free wireless internet and computers for accessing the internet if you don't have a laptop.

1  Thank suprememoocow
Reviewed 26 November 2009

We stayed at the Hotel Ganesh Himal for one night in November, before moving to the Tibet Guest House. We had arranged for a pickup from the airport, but our flight into Kathmandu was delayed by about two hours. When we arrived at the hotel, they were very upset that we were not there when we had arranged for a pickup. We explained about the flight delay, and that we had no way to contact them, but the staff person at the front desk kept telling us about how they had to wait for us, and we were lucky they did not give our room away, as they had for someone else that came in late earlier in the week. When we got to our room, we had to bring in housekeeping in order to flush the toilet. On the plus side, the restaurant was good, and the guard at the gate was very cheerful and friendly. It is in a good location. But overall, primarily based on the customer service we received by the front desk staff, I would recommend staying somewhere else.

5  Thank ontheroad2009
Reviewed 19 November 2009

Stayed here at the end of a number of Nepal besed activities- Bhaktapur temples, rafting on the Trisuli, doing the Royal Trek in the foothills around Pokara and the Chitwan elephant safari, so needed a good place to chill and explore the chaos of Kathmandu, and the Himal Ganesh was perfect.
The beds were the most comfortable of all we used in Nepal, the staff were great, the facilities were ideal and the garden was a real oasis, especially the new waterfeature!
The free internet was really appreciated, as was the drinking water supply in reception.
The family were really friendly and helpful- and the hot water supply was endless.

Reviewed 17 November 2009

Hotel Ganish Himal offers all the services that so many hotels in Kathmandu provide, but with a very important difference. (Customer Service. )They truly care about their guests and do what ever it takes to make your stay a pleasant experience. The Travel Desk can arrange from day tours in the city or around the valley with guides to planning a major trek . All done with a smile and some good free advice.Need a bus ticket on Greenline to Pokhara on short notice, the staff will some how arrange it. The rooms are clean and airy, clean towels & sheets daily , if you so wish.The cleaning team is there early in AM , cleaning halls & balconies, and the bathrooms are comfortable, western style, and hot water, whenever you want it. The hotel maintains a back-up generator, which allows the hotel to have lights & water, during power outs. Free airport pick-up is provided, and its nice to be offered a welcoming drink on arrival at the hotel.The food is fresh and the menu offers a wide selection of items. The Tibetan menu was excellent, GREAT MOMO'S .Every member of the staff will assist you any way they can. Rinku & Andju at the front desk are the GO TO for suggestions on what is happening in Thamel. Thamel is a short walk from the hotel, close enough to all the action,but the garden & balconies are a special oasis from the madness . Sitting in the garden, relaxing with a drink or book, you will be thankful for the peace & quiet. Being a solo female traveler, I felt very safe & comfortable at the hotel. The guards on the gate, will get a taxi for you, when needed. Dear sweet Maya (owner ) keeps a watchfull eye on things, she can make arrangements for a massage or a full day at a spa , with the works. The time I spent at Ganesh Himal was a pleasure, and I am grateful to all of THE GANESH HIMAL FAMILY for making my visit so special. Looking forward to my return visit, save a room for me , you guys, I'm coming back.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo