“Yoga”

US$120.00*
and up
Mandala Trekkers package
More attraction details
Owner description: Mandala Studio Yoga & Spa is located in the heart of Thamel, Kathmandu. Our professionally trained staff for Spa services and world class yoga facilities will guarantee you a divine experience of sheer joy and relaxation. We offer various packages for short stay, long stay and customer rewarding programs.
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Stairs / lift, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

I have found the yoga teachers polite and friendly .I was in the class when Jessica kept interrupting and I thought that the teacher handled her very fairly there is always two sides to a story .I would recommend the teachers as they are very skilled and helpful ..

All reviews
"well taken care"
"beautiful country"
"ebc trek"

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

I tried a few yoga classes here and I wont come back. If you have any skill beyond beginner the instructors will be intimidated and I was even personally targeted with small gestures of conflict until I said something. I am not sure if it's the instructors or Nepal but the class was very authoritarian and dictatorial. I stopped to rest in mountain pose between poses and was ordered to sit down and then lectured about how it was the teachers class and then ridiculed even more after explaining that I wanted to rest and the poses were too fast. I am not a beginner and I take classes because I appreciate the approach of other teachers but I do not come to class to be picked on, bossed around and ridiculed for be able to do all of the poses and then decide for myself what my limit is and when to rest.

I would not take a teacher training here. This place is commercialized and rather silly.

Develop your own path to yoga. Listen to others but do not allow them to force you or disrespect you.

**** The Forest Cafe on the rooftop is wonderful! ☆☆☆☆☆

Kriti K, Manager at Mandala Studio Yoga & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Hi Jessica
We are very sorry and sad after reading your review. When you came to our studio your mood was upset and you was running inside the yoga hall when there was running another yoga classes and you was 15 minutes earlier. when our reception told you there is another class running please wait for 5 minutes then you get angry with him. We have video camera in the yoga hall when I saw in the video you was not following to the teacher and you get more aggressive when teacher ask you to follow him because you was doing dynamic yoga while teacher was teaching traditional Hatha yoga.
When you came to do the class that days was traditional Hatha yoga class while you was doing by your self vinyasa flow I think you god confuse of hatha and vinyasa. In our webside and schedule it is written clearly about the yoga schedule and while your teacher was trying to explain about hatha yoga you started shouting on him and the class got disturbed. There was 7 more student in the same class and after the class we ask them what was happening inside class, and all the student said that they fell sad for teacher about your behavior and they said that you was angry from the beginning of the class and you have negative energy with little yoga knowledge and you was ignoring the teacher and doing wrong sequence by yourself..
We are really very sad that you wrote very negative things here please read our other review you don't find any negative review and you are talking about yoga teacher training course do you even know what types of yoga teacher we have? all our teacher have 15 years experience and they are qualified from ashram and academy study of Master in yoga and P.H.D in yoga.
As you mention forest and plate on roof top restaurent is good that restaurent is also running by mandala studio yoga and spa and thank you at least you like our food may be that day you was in good mood. We investigate about this issue and we find you confusion of traditional hatha yoga and vinyasa flow yoga. Hatha yoga is itself a slow and relaxed yoga so there is no way that teacher will teach fast and not let you rest. please don't write fake things because we saw all the recorded video. If you don't believe please come to my studio I will show you the video so you could fell what was happening and may be you realize that day you was angry by yourself from the beginning..
At last we apologize for your stressful days with us Nameste.

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

With so many options to chose from when searching for a place to do 200hr YTT, I’m so glad I decided to go to Mandala Studio.
In 3 weeks, they managed to teach us every aspect of yoga, physical, philosophy, anatomy, while still leaving us enough time to study, relax and explore Kathmandu.

Kriti is a great teacher, full of energy and enthusiasm. Light hearted and always smiling.

The accommodation was less then 10 minute walk through Thamel away. It was very comfortable and the food was great.

Anyone looking to start their Yoga journey should definitly take this course into consideration. I would highly recommend it to anyone serious about starting a career in yoga.
I was sad to say goodbye!

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

I did the 90 minute Swedish massage and it was honestly the best Swedish massage I've ever had! Nima was fabulous! Great studio, very professional! I then did the yin yoga class, which was really nice too-yoga mats provided!