Glacier Hotel & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel View Point(Pokhara)(Great Value!)
US$15
US$156
US$131
Priceline
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel Himalayan Inn(Pokhara)(Great Value!)
US$17
Hotel Barahi(Pokhara)
US$87
US$62
Priceline
Pokhara Palace Hotel(Pokhara)(Great Value!)
US$14
US$4
All reviewsharbour restaurantthe ownerjunior suitewatermelon juiceboutique hotelnew wingoutstanding hospitalityhot waterrooms are beautifulother hotelstwo nightsfewa lakeday treklocation was perfectlovely hotelworld peace pagodalong trek
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Location is fantastic. On beautiful lake. BUT! Is full of white western tourists. In my travels I have found where this is the case a) they will ...sometimes make you feel bad to also be white and b) locals will work very hard to rip you off or hassle you.

The Inn Keeper did exactly this to me. He moved me to the most expensive room when I arrived, even though I booked another. I did not know this until I checked out. He overcharged me and did not give me the correct change when I left. He had no problem with that. While I am completely understanding of the fact that the people there could really use the cash...what bothered me was the dishonesty. I would not stay there again for that reason.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Jennifer L
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Not too clean, and bathroom not very good, but acceptable.
We were a group of people and the quality of the different rooms were very different.
Some rooms had their own little zoo.... ants and other little insects coming out of the wall at night...

Staff very friendly and helpful though!
Nice brekfast served outside every morning.

Room Tip: Check the room before you accept it......
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Arnt-Erik H
Reviewed 22 July 2013

This was my fourth stay at the friendly Glacier Hotel in Pokhara, This year i returned with five friends from mexico, thailand, USA and UK. We all agreed it was a cozy and comfortable base of operations. The staff is dedicated and hardworking. Rajendra, the owner, goes out of his way to see that his guests have a memorable stay. Excellent trekking services.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Now back home I had the time to reflect on my trip. Hotel Glacier was definitely the best place I stayed in Nepal. The room was light, large and sparklingly clean with everything working, especially impressed with the wi-fi!

I knew about the construction from the other reviews, but I’m glad I have made the choice to stay regardless. The work did not affect me at all, but again I came to spend my time in Pokhara and not to sit in the room during the day! I’m sure that they kept the working hours to the time specified 8 am -6 pm, I never heard them!
All the staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast very tasty and actually not having a restaurant at the hotel was good opportunity to explore many other places around, some just few minutes’ walk away.
The hotel is in a quite location, but very close to the busy centre. Opposite the hotel is a lovely place to sit by the lake or take the boat.
I also loved the many paintings on the walls of the hotel, it felt more like a gallery and indeed when I asked the owner, Rajendra, he told me that he did run a gallery some time ago! He was also very helpful with local advice, organising trips and generally good at listening and answering many questions. I stayed for 3 days and loved it.
Thank you all for memorable stay.

PS Bandipur is a lovely quite place and well worth a visit if you could find the time .The town square is very beautiful, very historic and mostly free from tourists. It is half way between Kathmandu and Pokhra, ideal break on the way.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank stormberry
Reviewed 9 May 2013

After surviving a series of low-budget, medium-quality hotels in Nepal, I arrived in Pokhara after a bus journey from hell! A friend had recommended the Hotel Glacier on the lakeside and had given me the name of the owner Rajendra, based upon his personal integrity and on the hotel's value for money and quality of services. I was to be very pleasantly surprised.

When I had called from the bus to book, the manager had passed me to Rajendra personally who was charming and immediately pointed out that there was an extension under construction close to the Glacier. I asked him about noise, dust etc and he was honest and assured me that no building work would be done between 7:00pm 08:00am and there would be no dust or extreme noise during working hours. He also agreed that he would offer me a quiet second floor room and at a rate reflecting the minor inconvenience.

I was delighted with the large and very light room (number 333), the quality bathroom, with everything functioning, and the cleanliness of the whole hotel was very impressive. The staff were all extremely courteous and attentive and the breakfast was good. Rajendra organised for us buses, advised on various local trips and was always ready to discuss options. How nice to find a well-informed hotel owner who does not push and who listens to his cutomers' needs! I must mention for the lover of local art and culture that the Glacier is full of paintings by regional artists, a good collection from impressionist and abstract to more traditional local oils. I enjoy staying in small family run hotels where a personal touch is added and felt at home at the Glacier. I will be back and hope to feel able to give a full five rating when the new extension is completed.

I recovered my sanity and enjoyed my three days in Pokhara thanks to Rajendra and his team at the Glacier. Now another bus journey......

Room Tip: Room 333 for space and light
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends