“this was my second stay and it was great!!”

Glacier Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 101 Hotels in Pokhara
Oaxaca, Mexico
“this was my second stay and it was great!!”
Reviewed 15 February 2011

I had such a great stay here in October, 2009, that i chose the Glacier hotel in pokhara for my new year's visit in January, 2011. This was the coldest time of year, but the room was warm and cozy thanks to the Glacier's generator. Hot water is always available. We experienced an unexpected and unseasonal rainy day on new years day, and, after walking for two hours in the drizzle, i took a hot soak in the bath tub and curled up to watch cable tv. Breakfasts here are something to look forward to, especially the Trekker's Breakfast and delicious porridge. I love the Nepali tea here, or hot lemon with honey, with a croissant or cake from their own oven. Trekking with my guide Razu was the highlight of my trip. Owner Rajendra and Razu helped me plan a fantastic and do-able solo trek. Upon return, i enjoyed a 'himalayan healer' massage on the premises. Great hotel, great staff, perfect location. I look forward to another visit.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank xari
RajaPokhara, Owner at Glacier Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 8 May 2011
Dear Guest,Thank you for staying for the 2Nd Time At Glacier Hotel Pokhara, and for sharing your compliments of Po. I will be delighted to inform All our Staffs of your recognition.

& Look forward to The Pleasure of Welcoming you Back Again.

With Best Wishes
Sincerely...............
Rajendra Dhakal / Hotel Glacier Pokhara.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Hebrew first
  • Serbian first
St. George, Utah
Reviewed 19 January 2011

After trekking for 140 km over the Thorong La Pass on the Annapurna Circuit and staying in "tea houses" with no heat, no hot water, no showers and minimal amenities it was a great pleasure to find this warm, comfortable hotel with plenty of hot water, a bathroom and a comfortable chair outside the door. The location was perfect for exploring Pokhara. The boat rentals across the street made it easy to get to the Peace Pagoda which no visitor should miss.The fresh lemonade made for me by Rajendra from a lemon on the tree outside my room was delightful and a nice change from the endless cups of hot tea along the trek. I hope to return to Nepal and Pokhara and the Glacier as soon as I can.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
RajaPokhara, Owner at Glacier Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 20 January 2011
Thank you to the author for your review of Glacier Hotel Pokhara . I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our location hotel and the fresh Garden lemon juice i made for you.
I hope that you will return to stay with us soon on your next visit too . we enjoyed looking at your beautiful photos taken during your trek in the Annapurnas . with lots of love from every one at the Glacier Hotel Pokhara

Kind Regards
Sincerely
Rajendra Dhakal.Managing Director
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 16 January 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights and we were very impressed.

Endless hot water, a generator for back up electricity, big rooms which were very clean and a great breakfast.

The only reason I haven't given it 5 out of 5 is becuase it is slightly outside of the main lakeside centre.

Great hotel - highly recommended!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
I thank you for your feedback and I shared it with my team which felt rewarded.
We try our best everyday to indulge our guests and to please them as if they were jewels.
undivided attention.

With my best regards................................
Rajendra Dhakal/Glacier Hotel Pokhara
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 16 January 2011

Stayed here for 5 nights. Its a bit out of the way, about 15 mins walk into the centre of lakeside, but there is plenty to see and do along the walk into towm as Pokhara just gets bigger each time I visit. Rooms clean and warm, hot water, friendly and attentive staff. Thoroughly recommended!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mcb1969
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
I thank you for your feedback and I shared it with my team which felt rewarded.
I hope you will be back soon at the Glacier Hotel Pokhara in order for us to offer you our undivided attention.

With my best regards...........................
Rajendra Dhakal/Glacier Hotel Pokhara
Davis, California
Reviewed 14 January 2011

We stayed 3 nights at the Glacier Hotel in early December. It was truly our home away from home in Nepal. The hospitiality of the owner Rajendra was exceptional. His personal attention to our comfort, needs and interests went beyond anything we expected. We particularly enjoyed the various outings he planned for us . The visits to the Tibetan fair trade rug market and to the tea house at Dhampus to see the sunrise on Fishtail Mountain were highpoints of our trip. The hotel provides a great breakfast and we enjoyed sipping our real coffee while sitting on the front veranda, looking at the lake and watching the town wake each morning. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest , So many people rely on what you and countless others share about their experiences. We sincerely appreciate your incredible review of our Hotel, our staff, The trips , and our property. It is our intention to make all who come to stay... long to return. Namaste & Greetings From every one At Glacier Hotel Pokhara

Sincerely Your's
.......................
Rajendra Dhakal.
Fremantle
Reviewed 5 December 2010

We stayed 6 nights at Hotel Glacier & didn't want to leave...we loved staying here!
We felt at home & comfortable to relax at the hotel...coming & going as if it was our home. The staff are very friendly & helpful. Thank you to Raja for catering to our travel wants...Lumbini, Annapurna sunrise, Peace pagoda & for your attention to detail. We will be back to visit Pokhara again & will stay at Hotel Glacier!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
RajaPokhara, Owner at Glacier Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 9 December 2010
Dear Guest /

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write this comment.

I am glad to learn that you and your Partner enjoyed your stay with us at the Glacier Hotel Pokhara , you found our services to be excellent. Thank you for your appreciative comments on our Over land rent a Car & the tour Arrangements , i am so sad to know the loss of your brother

& Pleased to give you a comfortable drive to lord buddha`s Birth place *LUMBINI*Hope you have found the Peace there.

Hopefully, we will have the opportunity to welcome you again during your next trip to Pokhara & make our Hotel A Sweet Home that gives you a relief of the Hard working Days.

Yours sincerely
.......................
Rajendra Dhakal.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 4 December 2010

My husband, friend, and I spend two nights here and it was the most enjoyable experience of our trip. Glacier is perfectly located right by the lake and nearby all the shops and restaurants. Our room was very tastefully decorated and extremely clean. There was even a shower curtain in the bathroom (this seems to be rare in Nepal). The service was exceptional. The manager personally took us to see the sunrise over the mountains in a small town not easily accessed by tourists, and it was one of the most spectacular moments of my life. He truly went above and beyond to provide us the best service and the other staff were equally as accomodating. The included breakfast was excellent. Anyone visiting Pokhara is crazy not to stay here! We paid more per night at a hotel in Kathmandu that was far lesser quality and did not include breakfast or WiFi. We would have loved to stay at Glacier our entire trip but unfortunately had obligations in Kathmandu. Pokhara seemed like heaven after being in Kathmandu. For comparison, we stayed at Hotel Excelsior and Blue Horizon and they were absolutely horrible compared to Glacier.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
RajaPokhara, Owner at Glacier Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 3 January 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time in posting your review and for recommending Glacier Hotel Pokhara on Trip Advisor.

We are extremely happy to hear that you your Partner & His friend had enjoyed your recent visit to our hotel and that you were pleased with both the location and facilities at our small property. It is also a pleasure to note that you were able to make use of the services at the Glacier Hikes & trips , and you found them to be a nice option for your entire trip...........

All your kind comments are greatly appreciated and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. again thanking you for the Advise & feedbacks... Sincerely Rajendra Dhakal Managing Director : Glacier Hotel Pokahara.