Hotel View Point
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Trek-O-Tel(Pokhara)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmr gopalhot waternice managerbudget hotelrecommend this hotelnice viewclean roomswithin walking distanceviews of the mountainsnice hotelshops and restaurantsaffordable pricegreat roomper nightcomfy bedannapurna base campquiet at night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We were given a complimentary night's stay here by our trekking company (who were brilliant) so I guess we shouldn't grumble. However, when we asked how much it would cost to stay longer the price we were quoted ($30 US per night) was shocking and the staff were unwilling to strike any kind of deal with us. Consequently we upped sticks and sought out a significantly better place for the same price. Now, if the price quoted was $7 - $10 per night cheaper then this place may have been given a better review and we would have stayed.

So, what makes it worth less that they think it is? (And items the hotel has an influence over).

1. The bathroom! Our suite was salmon coloured which is fine if it is well looked after (I quite like a boutique, vintage look) but the system (attached to the toilet) was cheap plastic and stained. It looked dirty. The bath had a strip of "fragile, take care" plastic strip still attached to it which had blatantly been put on by the manufacturer in the 1980s and is meant to be removed. The towels were a bit threadbare.

2.Our double room had a single bed in it too which just took up too much space and made the seating area a cramped area.

3. The double bed was made up with a single sheet. The sheet did not cover the fleecy blanket and, therefore, did not feel clean. Is the fleece blanket changed and washed after every use? I don't think so, certainly not from what I witnessed.

4. The TV was old and after a minute or two of watching a channel the picture began to distort and a loud buzz made it unbearable to listen to.

5. The layout of the room (apparently a deluxe double - we had room 315) didn't heed privacy. The room is accessible from a kind of communal balcony which also acts as a corridor. There is a large window next to the door. At the back of the room there is another large window which does offer views of the mountains. The windows would make the room bright and airy IF you could open the curtains without feeling like you'd get spied on by everyone who passed by.

6. There is a few switches outside the room (near the door). One of them turns on a light inside the room and another is a buzzer. I think there is another switch but I do not know what this is for. Now, on the night we stayed a large party of people were either returning to or leaving the hotel at midnight. They were incredibly noisy and inconsiderate (not the hotel's fault, even though I did not hear any staff ask them to be quiet). Because our room was near the stairwell someone mistook one of the switches for perhaps a light switch for the corridor and turned on the light inside our room instead. This woke me up, annoyingly. Even though the noisy people continued shouting and stomping past the room for the next half an hour I remained calm and managed to return to my slumber. That was until 5 am when someone else made a similar mistake, this time pressing the buzzer which sounded off loudly and abruptly inside the room. Again waking me up but this time making me so annoyed that I couldn't get back to sleep.

7. The food. Breakfast was OK, nothing overly special and nothing that could be spoiled. Happy enough there. However on the night we arrived we had our evening meal in the restaurant and were very disappointed. I ordered Chicken Korma and, for the first time in a long time of dining in restaurants, both myself and my boyfriend could not stomach it. The sauce resembled Korma by colour only. There was no coconut, no sweetness and the consistency was watery. There was very few pieces of chicken too, mainly chunks of skin. Additionally when the bill arrived we had been over charged for our beer which the waiter apologised for and revised immediately. The food was also very expensive for the quality and quantity of what we got and to top it off they charged us VAT on the service (13% of the 10% service charge) as well as the VAT on the food.

There was a few good things about the hotel which I should mention. The staff were polite, not pushy or in your face. The entrance and the garden was nicely decorated with flowers and the place was clean. They do, however, need to reconsider their pricing. In off peak season it is unreasonable to ask for what they did - would they rather the room be empty and have absolutely no income from it? They lost 5 nights of business from us and got themselves an average review as a consequence. We went elsewhere and for the same money are in a beautiful, new, modern hotel.

Room Tip: Choose one away from the stairwell so that random people don't press your buzzer or switch on your light.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2014

This hotel is very clean and quiet.Therefore the room is so comfortable rest.Also the sfaff of hotel is very kind.They are always smile and helpful.
If you come to Pokhara then I wish you will stay in hotel view point.
Yo hotel ekdum ramrochha.sachai ho.(in nepali language)

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank namrata_kim
Reviewed 27 January 2014

The hotel is situated just of the main street, with very easy access to the lake. The rooms were clean and well appointed. The staff were very helpful and friendly. We ate well. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 January 2014

My friends and I stayed here for a night before our trek and for a night right after. Overall, pretty clean facilities and decent beds; the warm shower was nice. The breakfast is great as well be just keep in mind that it costs extra. If you go in the off-season the price is negotiable, especially if you are approached when you get off the tourists busses. The guys at the front desk also helped us plan our trek and stored our stuff

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ben H
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Stayed here in November twice (2 nights before poonhill trek and 2 nights after).
Room: The first room was very basic but was clean and has everything you need, clean sheets and good shower pressure with hot and cold water. Our second stay we were given an upgrade with a room on the rooftop with great views of the annapurna range and room was very spacious.
Service: great and friendly. All the guys were helpful with our questions and booked activities for us. Nothing was too much trouble for them. They also let us store our luggage for free when we went for trekking.
Food: had breakfast included, basic but good enough.
Location: near fewa lake and walking distance to good cafes and restaurants.

Would definitely recommend this place!

Room Tip: Take the room on the rooftop if you want to wake up with a view of the annapurna range
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple