“Comfortable”

Ranked #188 of 271 Pokhara B&B and Inns
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Comfortable”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I spent 2 nights at Snow Hill Lodge.
The room was clean, tidy and spacious and the bed was very comfortable.
I found the location to be peaceful.
The staff were friendly and helpful and a good source of useful infomation.
They were able to organise a one day tour to the sights of my choice around Pokhara at short notice and at a good price.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Ed S

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
Altorf, France
Reviewed 30 January 2014

The Snow Hill Lodge Pokhara offers a wonderful sight on its roof top of the Himalayas and I recommend it on Sunrise and Sunset. Magic Views... The Staff is very friendly and trully supportive for any requests, we even found "Champagne" to open New Year 2014.
The owner did not hesitate to offer us a motorbike ride to discover Pokhara by night. All activities possible such as Paraglidding and more...I recommend the visit of Davis Fall and Litchee Garden on the way to Peace Pagoda by boat on the lake Feva. I was amazed on the quality of the Service and experience of Nepali specialties.
The Restaurant is typical and offers various dishes, from Mutton Soup, to Chicken or Fish Curry, or Dal Bhat...Fantastic BBQ grill and fireplace in the evening in the Lodge garden
Rooms are simple and very clean, with shower and TV and beds more comfortable than in Teahouses, excellent for Trekkers stop to Relax. Laundry can be delivered in 6 hours...
I enjoyed staying over with my Nepali friends from Exploring Nepal for Pokhara Festival and New Year 2014. A wonderful Nepali experience offering a pleasant stay and nice memories. Simple and offering great prices for any stop in Pokhara. Everything is close as located on the lake side. . Thank you so much to all and long life to Snow Hill Lodge!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank frederic s
Kathmandu, null, Nepal
Reviewed 3 April 2013

location is good but besides that everything is poor. kitchen guys are calling you everytime to have dinner on their time, not clean room very bad toilet. garden area looks good but the restaurant area seems like it is not cleaned for weeks. you can see dirty kitchen on the way to your room. no view of phewa lake from hotel premises

Room Tip: i advise not to stay here.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Pokhara hotels

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 2 April 2013

This hotel was a terrible experience for the following reasons
1. No one spoke English which is highly unusual for people who work in a tourist establishment in a tourist town!
2. Our sheets had dry blood on them i.e. they were not washed after the last guest left which is disgusting
3. When we asked to get our sheets changed, they didn't have any extra so we had to sleep on top of the blanket because we were so grossed out
4. The showers were not really hot
5. We left our key with reception and came back to find our room key just sitting their on the table with no one in the room. Anyone could have come in and taken our key!

In short, stay elsewhere in Pokhara

Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Toronto
Reviewed 14 November 2012

we really loved staying here. everyone is very welcoming and a very safe place to stay. while we went trekking we were able to leave our bags behind. When we got back they offered our guide a 'hot' shower. Which we thought was fantastic.
very convenient place.

Room Tip: they also have a jeep that can be rented with a driver... very convenient to do other side trips Ro...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Louisville, Colorado
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I only stayed here because my "travel agent" booked this hotel.

Pros: Reasonable internet and very hot showers!

Cons:
They instantly and continuously try to rip you off. First they tried to charge me for a ride to the hotel, which not only is walking distance but I had already payed for.

Then, when I asked for the bill for my food so far they tried to scam an extra 50NPR off of me. The owner feigns interest, poorly, and tries to sell you 100$ paragliding and if you aren't interested and stop eating at the pos like I did, he will drop the act of seemingly nice.

Also, the owner speaks English worse than most people on the street, is nosy and fairly rude. There is a cleaning girl who walks around clearing her throat constantly and I'm convinced that they never adequately clean the sheets which are gnat (or bed bug) ridden. I stayed for 5 days and my sheets nor my towels were never replaced.

I've stayed at many better places in Nepal so I'm certain you can do better that Snow-Hill Lodge.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room here.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo