Hotel Travel-Inn
Ranked #25 of 108 Hotels in Pokhara
Reviewed 13 May 2014

1st time here, i like the way they treated us. They give us a nice room.
Electricity is always a usual problem in Nepal.
But free wifi & water no problem.
The place is not far from main road, central of tourist area, in lakeside and quiet.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Iman S

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Located in lakeside, but 200m from the main street, this place is just the right choice : quiet, super clean (very pleasant when you just got back from trekking), bed very confortable, hot water, wifi, breakfast (tea/coffee/toasts/muesli or two eggs any style), well located and very nice staff. For two people, the room was 2200NPR, equivalent to 20$ /night. Cheapper room were also available.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed at Hotel travel Inn for a few days. The staff were very helpful and welcoming from the moment I arrived. The rooms and the surroundings were kept very clean and in great condition. The hotel is situated in a great location with staff available to organise tours or a taxi within minutes. I cannot finish without mentioning the food which was excellent. Highly recommended and will surely be back !

1  Thank KickboxerNo1
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We stayed at Hotel Travel Inn for a month in Pokhara while working at the Manipal Teaching Hospital. The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly from Day 1, and they made us feel at home throughout our stay. The hotel is very centrally located in Lakeside and on a clear day, you can see the top of Fishtail peak from breakfast! When we took two small trips (to Chitwan and to Poon Hill), the hotel staff safely stored our luggage for us. They will also organize any day trips and adventures that might interest you. They helped us to buy our bus ticket to Chitwan and have us a discounted price as well. We had a great stay here and would stay here again! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My friend and I stayed here before and after our trek to Poonhill. We were impressed with the quality of the rooms for the price. The staff were always there to greet us with a smile and to offer assistance with anything we needed. Definitely worth checking out if you are staying in Pokhara!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kristen d
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I booked 5 nights through Agoda based on the reviews on Trip Advisor but only stayed for 4. There is a sign on the stairs saying please don't wash clothes in you room - a laundry service is available forRs120 per kilo, very reasonable. So, I took my laundry to reception, it was weighed at 1.5kgs and written on the bag. When I went to school that would have been Rs180 but I went to collect it the charge was Rs280 but as I bought a bus ticket at the same time I didn't notice. I asked how much the taxi to the bus station would be and was told Rs200 and you pay to the driver, when I got in the taxi the next morning there were already to other passengers inside so was happy to share the cost, I thought, but the driver asked us for Rs300. Small things and small money but it leaves a bad impression when you work it out as a percentage of the correct price. There are literally 100s of hotels to choose from in Pokhara and $30 a night for a single bed in a fan room in a town that only has electric for 12 hours a day is excessive. The restaurant staff & cleaners were the best thing about this place, they make it with their enthusiasm and friendliness. The room was clean and there was a shower & toilet inside but no hand basin which made it difficult to shave. The shower coughed & spluttered brown water at times and it was hit or miss whether hot or cold water came out. All in all I was disappointed after reading the reviews on here and find it hard to say anything good apart from the free wi-fi and friendly staff. Breakfast was overpriced for 2 boiled eggs and 2 slices of toast so take a walk and find a much better alternative. Sorry Travel Inn, you can't live on your Trip Advisor reviews forever, you need to try harder with the little things and be more honest.

Room Tip: 112 is cooler when the power is off
3  Thank Simon W
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Excellent value for money - the location is perfect - at the central lake side, but on a quiet street. The staff is friendly and helpful, they helped me to organize my tours around Pokhara. The prices are reasonable and the rooms are clean. There is hot water all the time. Highly recommended!

1  Thank Pavlina R