“Fantastic Accommodation”

Vardan Resort n' Apartment
Ranked #47 of 276 Pokhara B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Stayed here for 1 month in the studio apartment (Dhaulagiri Apartment) while undertaking a volunteer placement. Madan, and his staff were excellent hosts, and went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. He is a very genuine man, and conducted all of his dealings with us as if we were family.

The room itself was fantastic, and included a small kitchenette. Due to our prolonged stay in Pokhara, it was great being able to occasionally cook our own meals. Madan also helped organise a trek that we undertook after our placement, and we had a fantastic time.

If we had to list one criticism- there were small issues with the wifi and hot water in our apartment for a short time during our stay. We were graciously offered alternative options until they were remedied, and the staff handled our problems well. At the end of our stay, both were working perfectly.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Vardan Resort n' Apartment

Reviewed 1 January 2014

This is my second trip to Nepal and Pokhara. I must say I was very impressed with what I got for the money I paid - I stayed at the "Temple Tree" previously (quite the high-end hotel) and so my expectations were low for Vardan given the price difference.

The owner, Madan, was very helpful right from check-in. He told us that staying here meant we became "family" and he really did mean what he said. Any request that I threw to him (helping me change my domestic flight, organizing side-trips, getting transport to various locations, etc.) were done with utmost sincerity and at no extra costs. The rest of the staff were equally friendly and helpful as well.

The rooms were clean and very local - each were themed as major ethic houses in Nepal. Beds were comfortable and hot water was excellent (very helpful during winter). Wifi was slightly weak in the rooms but Madan did mention that he is upgrading the system very soon - so future visitors should benefit!

All in all, a very good hotel that is well placed (3 min walk from the main street). I did not feel for once that I was in a "budget" hotel. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Love it! I stayed in a cottage and the outside and inside are simply so beautiful neat tidy clean and well equipped. The gardening around is very nice too. The room is spotless clean, with an air-conditioner functioning as both cooler and heater. Hot water for shower is available 24 hr.

The boss is very kind and upon checking in gave me a briefing with a map showing what I can do in Pokhara.

Wifi is excellent in the reception area, not good inside my room.

Location strategic as it's not at the main street so it's quiet but two minute walk will bring you to the main street where lots of shops and restaurants are. It's 10-15 min walk to the point for boarding the boat in the Fewa Lake.

Price good, ~USD53 for my single bed cottage without breakfast.

Simply wonderful. Don't ask more and just go for it. You can't be wrong

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 December 2013

My family and I were looking for a Bed & Breakfast that would offer us clean rooms, bathrooms, furniture, and surroundings, while keeping a homey ambiance -- we were blessed to have decided to book our family vacation stay in Vardan Resort and Apartment. There were five of us, and we booked the Gautam Cottage so that we could have one "house" with two adjacent rooms with one bathroom each. We were very pleased with the free airport transfers, and the very welcoming staff, who were just very thoughtful and mindful of us and our needs. Special shoutout to our friend Nabin who asks us once in a while if we are okay and if there's anything we need. Since it was December, they would ask us if we needed hot water bags or any extra towels, toilet paper, food, drinks, etc.

When Madan, the owner of Vardan Resort, found out that my brother was celebrating his birthday, and that it was his and his wife's wedding anniversary, they sent us a delicious tiramisu cake that had our requested Nepali writing on it that said Happy birthday and Happy 8th anniversary. It was so sweet of them to even think of giving us a complimentary cake.

Madan is a very humble and welcoming man who has a great standard for excellence that is seen throughout his business property. We loved that there was hot water, and that they cleaned and made our room each day. Nothing was lost, nothing went missing.

We felt so much at home, and this was definitely a great choice for us as a family. We really wanted to be able to rest and not worry about anything. In Vardan Resort, we were treated like princes and princesses. This is definitely a home away from home. Won't think twice to book our next family stay in Pokhara in this Bed & Breakfast.

Thanks Madan, Nabin, and the staff! Namaste!

Room Tip: The center cottage is slightly bigger than the other two rooms on its left and right side. They offe...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Fantastic place to stay. Great hospitality. The staff is very friendly and helpfull. The cottage was very comfortable and very clean. Breakfast was also very good. We just loved to sit and enjoyed the singing of the birds.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2013

My family and I stayed in one of the apartments. The place had a great view and a wonderful attention. They went out of their way to make us felt part of their family. We loved it and we are definitely going back!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 December 2013

My brother and I recently spend several days in Pokohara at the Vardan Resort and we couldnt have been better looked after. Madan and Nabin and the rest of the team there went out of there to make us comfortable and feel very much at home. They also organised a great trip for us involving an early morning trip to see the sun rise over the Anapurna range. A vision not to be forgotten. When I get back to Pokhara (and I will) I know where I will be staying! Paul

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family