“Prettiest hotel in Pokhara” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vardan Resort n' Apartment

Vardan Resort n' Apartment
Ranked #21 of 275 Pokhara B&B and Inns
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Prettiest hotel in Pokhara”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed in the pretty little cottages as ours was a short stay. The place is so beautiful that I wished I had a permanent house here. The cozy atmosphere, the lovely garden, prompt service, good sightseeing arrangements and the welcoming staff all made me want to come back again.

Room Tip: Choose the apartments for a longer stay and the cottages for a shorter one.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

I stayed at Vardan resort for a month and had one of the most amazing experience at the resort. I was there with a friend for a work placement.

Pros:
1. The staff were friendly and attentive. They became almost like family to us by the end of our stay. Everybody made sure we had everything we needed to make our stay comfortable.

2. The rooms were cosy and clean. It was especially useful to have an air-conditioning unit in the room as it kept us warm during the cold winter nights.

3. Madan, the owner of the resort, organised activities for us. He managed to give us activity packages at reasonable prices. And the experiences were amazing.

4. I spent my free afternoons relaxing in the pretty garden that's right outside the room. The staff would come and have a chat with me whenever they're free.

Cons:
1. Internet wasn't the best, but this was the case in the whole of Nepal.

To be really honest, I cannot think of anything negative to write about Vardan resort. I would definitely recommend everybody to stay at Vardan. The rooms are of reasonable prices and definitely lived up to my standards. When I visit Pokhara in the future, I would definitely choose to stay at Vardan. It has been three months since I left Pokhara. I still miss all of the staff at Vardan. I can't wait till I have the opportunity to go back to Nepal to visit all of you. No words can describe the experience I had at Vardan. My stay in Nepal was made especially memorable because of everyone working at Vardan.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Alyssa Y
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Excellent home-away-from-home. Ours was a large group, so we booked the 3-bedroom apartment adjacent to the cottages. The apartment settings made us feel home-like, unlike the usual hotels. Very courteous and helpful staff. Welcome and good-bye are equally celebrated, makes you feel very special

Room Tip: Take the apartment if you are a large group (6+ people). WiFi is stronger in the rooms towards their...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

…I mean they really couldn't have done more: Vardan and his staff are a lesson in good service. There was a lovely welcome, with juice, and English-language newspaper and someone to carry your bags, staff available any time for advice or assistance, and a very touching 'leaving ceremony' at the end of our stay (I won't spoil the surprise). The manager (whose name escapes me, was literally the nicest guy I ever met, so helpful, and mild-mannered. He's a real book worm, so do pass on any novels you don't want to carry back home.

On top of that the apartments are very clean, nicely furnished, of traditional design and have hot water 24/7 (a rare thing in Nepal - and much appreciated after trekking for 10 days - just need to run the tap long enough).

The 'resort' is in a central location, although the road leading up to it is a little inauspicious, don't be put off.

PS. Vardan collects second-hand goods for a local orphanage - pass on clothes and goods that might be of help

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

My partner and I stayed for 3 nights here in end March. Weather was sadly cloudy which was a bit of a damper for our trip as we couldnt see the famous peaks.
But the staff at Vardan made sure that our needs were met.
It's a small place so it's easy to ask for help and recommendations on where to eat, getting guides for treks to see the mountain areas and where to head to for meals (we love to eat local food whenever we travel so they made good recommendations. They dont burn a hole in the pocket but still might be a little more pricer than what the local pay - at least the hygiene standard will be the least of your worry).
They helped us on the rental of the motorbike (which the roads can be a little harrowing in the late afternoon) but you're in good hands at vardan.
Do find out in advance when the electricity goes out though so that you can work around it. Having been to 3 places in Nepal, it pretty much is a way of life here.

• Stayed March 2014
Kathmandu Valley, Nepal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 5 days. Time flew by so quickly. Great hospitality and great atmosphere!! The staffs there are very attentive and quick!! You can really set your mind at ease and not worry about a thing!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bijaya G
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

The hospitality is one of the best in Nepal. The room is comfortable, cosy and peaceful as the resort is a 2 minutes walk from the main road in central lakeside. The hot shower is very consistent. The best thing about the resort is the interactions with the staff, they take the time and effort to talk with their guests about their city, weather and books!! Thank you Mr Madan, Nabin and their staff!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business