“Disappointment!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Celesty

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pokhara
Hotel Celesty
Ranked #26 of 271 Pokhara B&B and Inns
Warsaw, Poland
“Disappointment!”
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

We came here encouraged by a 'travellers choice' title and extatic reviews posted here. So this note is aimed at warning other travellers not to take the 'excellence' for granted.

We stayed at a 8usd room which despite having more then 3 sockets only 1 was working which is a big drawback in a place with long and frequent power cuts. It meant we were not able to charge all our electronic devices in a short window of power availability.

Bathroom was so small it was really hard to use and the toilet was just impossible to use - I don't know who designed it but it seems they did not bother to think of usability too much.

The room has been cleaned but was not to clean in general and was really tiny. You couldn't do much else apart from lying on the bed there so we tried to stay outside as much as we could.

on the upside though staff was very friendly and helpful and had a reliable travel service. that'a the only reason to give the place 3 stars.

in a nutshell, you don't expect much from a budget room for 8usd. Even when such a place boasts 'travellers choice' title you expect it just to have all the basics right. we found their basics disappointing... We moved to a 9usd room at lotus inn which was far far better.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Nelson, New Zealand
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night in May. Small but clean rooms with hard beds and jumbo pillows that you cant use. Friendly staff and access just off main street. Nice place for a short stay but definitely rooms around nearby for same price that are larger and better.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Korolev, Russia
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Great hotel! Cheap rooms, clean, very friendly and helpful staff, great view from the windows, and the roof is perfect, just off the main street, but there is quiet, cozy and comfortable! Be sure to come again!))

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I had an excellent time staying at this guesthouse - the price is great for what you get. The staff are so helpful, trustworthy, and hard-working, and nothing is too much for them. They will also store your bag at no cost if you want to go trekking, and will organise a variety of activities for reasonable prices.

The location is very close to the top of the main Lakeside road, though just off it. There is not electricity 24/7, but this is normal is Nepal, and they have a back-up source for lighting. The wi-fi is good and suitable for Skyping, the rooms clean and tidy. I felt so safe and comfortable the whole stay.

Room Tip: There is no lift/elevator, so if you have trouble with stairs be sure to ask for a room on a lower f...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I spent one month in Nepal and this was the best accommodation I had received,

I spent a few nights here and got great value for money in return of service, food and accommodation. The bed was so comfy and I had a great nights sleep here.

The staff were very friendly, offering service and always saying hello and asking about your day. The main desk also can offer a lot of activities and trips at special discounted prices. The manager, took fantastic care of me. Nepal was my first time travelling away from home and being a young solo female traveller, this made the world of difference to my trip overall.

I also received bus pick up and drop off, which gave me peace and mind.

The rooms are very tidy and it is a prime location, just a few moments away from Phewa Lake.

I couldn't recommend it anymore. It has taken me a while to get back and write up these reviews and I still smile thinking about it.

I don't know if you will ever read this review, I hope you do! But this is Hayley, the Scottish girl. I was recommended through Mr P Palmer via the EHN and stayed in February 2014. I just want to say Thankyou for making my time in Pokhara special and also organising my Paragliding trip, my head is still dizzy!

Namaste!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Amsterdam
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Not much wrong with Celesty Inn. It's really cheap, and for that low price you get more than you might expect. The location is quiet, but you're on main street in no time. I stayed here before and after a trek, and one time was okay and the other really good. It may be really clean, or it may not. Anyway, the service is very good, and I know now that anything that needs solving will be solved. They store bags at no charge, they offer drinking water. For this price, it doesn't get much better.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The view of the hills is breathtaking from the terrace, his place is 5 mins from all the cafés, 10 min walk from the lake. Excellent place, brilliant value for money. Perfect place for kenn travellers not so much for tourists expecting a luxurious stay. Clean bathrooms, small lawn, neat beds.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends