“Best hostel in Pokhara!!”
Review of Pushpa Guest House

Pushpa Guest House
Ranked #8 of 271 Pokhara B&B and Inns
Busan, South Korea
“Best hostel in Pokhara!!”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

If you visit Pokhara, you should stay here! Family staffs are really Kindly, Friendly and helpful. Location is also very nice. Center of center in Lakeside.
I want to stay again next time!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I cannot express how wonderful my experience at Pushpa Guest House was. A friend of mine advised that I stay there due to the incredible hospitality of Raj Ojha and his family. She was absolutely correct. As a solo female traveler, they made sure to make me feel comfortable, well looked after, and a part of the family. Raj set up a perfect trek for me on the Annapurna Circuit, and found a fantastic guide, Tula Ram Thapa. I loved Pushpa so much, that I not only stayed there before my trek, but for more time than planned after my trek! They stored my belongings, did my laundry, and made sure I had a beautiful, clean, room upon my return.

Of course Pushpa has a great location lakeside, clean and bright rooms, internet access, and laundry services, all for a great price. But that is not what makes this place stand out from the rest. It is the loving nature of the family, who really care about each guest and do everything they can to make it a memorable and enjoyable stay.

I will be returning to Pushpa to see my new friends in the years to come!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Pokhara, Nepal
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed here for only one night but had a wonderful experience. The rooms are clean and comfortable, have hot showers and Raj and his family are incredibly warm and inviting. There is a beautiful garden in which to catch the sun and the place as a whole just has an awesome vibe. Would definitely highly recommend and will stay again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Southampton
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Lovely guest house, located right next to the main strip in Lakeside. Brilliant value for money and the family are so welcoming! The accommodation varies depending on your budget and what you want but you always get your money's worth and even more with the helpful advice of the owner who will guide and aid you in booking all the experiences you wish to have whilst visiting!
I would definitely stay there again when I return!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Pushpa is an excellent guest house, perfect location, excellent value for money. Raj and family are lovely people and Prince is a very funny boy who adds to the character of the place. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Pokhara. They are happy to help with anything and you are treated like a member of the family. Thank you Raj and family from Eric (England).

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 23 October 2013

4.5 stars

Pushpa Guest House is just a short ways off of the main strip of Pokhara's lakeside neighborhood , meaning it's a few minutes walking from restaurants and shopping. The rooms themselves are clean, and the beds are comfortable. Prices are good.

The gentleman who runs Pushpa is quite helpful with booking activities, and will allow you to leave your belongings with him for storage if you are going to be gone a few days. He has a charming family, and two adorable children named "Prince" and "Princess." Yup, pretty cute.

There was some confusion over confirmation if you reserve online with Hostel World. I would send an email shortly before you arrive just to make sure your booking is set. We were able to have rooms, but they were slightly different than the ones we had reserved. It was also peak tourist season, so this may not be an issue in other seasons.

Safe, clean, pleasant and a good location: I would happily return.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

It is good value for money. We have stayed 2 nights before our trek in a standard twin room (900Rs.) and 2 nights after the trek in a superior double room (1200Rs.), only option available at the selected dates.
The guesthouse is very well situated in center lakeside, in a quiet street, close to the Phewa lake and a million of restaurants and shops; it has a nice garden, offer laudry service (100 Rs. a kilo), free wifi (upon request) and a restaurant service that we haven't tested. Both the room and the attached bathroom are pretty nice and clean. There is a fan, which is great. We haven't seen any difference between the twin standard and the superior double rooms (except for the double vs. twin beds, easy to put together), so imho no need to pay more to get the same.
The guesthouse is owned by a nice family; the owner is extremly welcoming and has made a whole speach on how we are a family to him and he has to take care of us etc at our arrival. But in our case, as soon as he has understood that we will not book our trek (nor taxis, buses, meals, laundries...) with him, he has become perfectly careless, sometimes even almost rude to us. By the way, you can find on Tripadvisor a terrible comment on a certain Iceland Guesthouse in Pokhara, where one of the guests has been verbally agressed by the owner. You should probably know that Iceland is the former name of the Pushpa guesthouse.
To sum up, our advice would be: enjoy your stay in this cheap and nice guesthouse, and just don't be surprised if the consideration of the staff varies function of your consumption above the accomodation bill.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple