“Karnali River”

Rapidrunner Expeditions - Day Tours
Ranked #34 of 154 Tours in Pokhara
More attraction details
Owner description: Rapidrunner Expeditions organises, manages and runs whitewater adventure expeditions on the many varied rivers of Nepal. We specialise in making sure that your trip is tailored to your needs so that you will end your trip as much in love with the Nepalese rivers as we are. Safety and professionalism are our top priority and we adhere to international best practice, including using only CE certified equipment and fully qualified guides.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My wife Cindy and I ran the Karnali River with Rapidrunner in mid-March. The Karnali is a lovely river and the Rapidrunner staff made sure we were safe and well-cared for. Santos (sp?) and Parson (sp?) were excellent trip leaders with Santos running a mean paddle boat, taking the "tiger line" down some excellent Class 3-4 rapids. Owners Tessa and Raja were a pleasure to work with. Good luck to the whole team-we'll run with you folks again the next time we make it to Nepal.

All reviews
"great trip"
in 4 reviews
"safety briefing"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
"felt very safe"
"thank you so much"
"an amazing experience"
"rapids"
in 18 reviews
"kayak"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Tremendous experience! Very well organized trip and very professional crew. No doubt, the best recommendations from my side. Thanks to the guys. Darius

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Great Experience! Friendly, experienced guides who are always happy to help and want to do things for you. Great food provided. Although the water levels were low, the trip was great fun. Nice and relaxing, just what I needed!!! Would recommend this company to anyone.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Awesome experience.
Friendly, experienced instructors. Good kit. Excellent staff to studet ratio.
Super well looked after camping each night.
Environmentally responsible - all non-biodegradables bagged and taken out, washing up water not thrown in river etc.
Over all a great experience - I don't write many reviews, but these folks deserve it.

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 March 2014

My partner and I were in Pokhara and decided to try out whitewater kayaking. We looked around a bit and ended up at RapidRunner Expeditions. We met with the owner, Raja, and was put at ease right away. He was very knowledgeable of the different rivers in the area and helped us pick out the trip that was best suited for what we were looking for. On top of that, we asked if it would be possible for just the two of us to go instead of going with a big group, and he said no problem! And didn't charge any extra! What a deal!

A couple days later, we departed with the team that he had put together for us, with all of our gear on their private transportation, for the Lower Seti. Sujan and Hali as our instructors, Vicky and Ram on the safety raft. They all made it one we will never forget! We had never been kayaking in rapids before and I was nervous about being flipped underwater. Hali and Sujan used their technical expertise, experience and people skills to put me at ease. My partner learned to guitar roll (although I tried, I never quite made it), but we mostly used the self or t-rescue if we flipped upside down in a rapid. They were always there for us, and always made us feel safe.

I would highly recommend this organization for any rapid expeditions in Nepal.

1  Thank Ctschetter