Siddhartha Garden Ayurveda
Hotel Point(Pokhara)
US$45
US$35
Travelocity
Sacred Valley Inn Pokhara(Pokhara)(Great Value!)
US$12
TripAdvisor
All reviewspeace pagodahis wifeannapurna rangecontact informationeverest base camp trekthalithe ownerclean airfamily runbird watchingnepali foodpokhara cityyogurthot waterquiet locationpoon hilllakeside area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I visited Pokhara in 2010 for a university trip to Nepal. Being the last city on our list, it was hard to anticipate what it would look like. As we proceeded to each new city, the landscape changed so dramatically, it was almost like going to a whole new country. Me and my friends were completely blown away by the breath-taking lakeside views, tiny artefact shops, and well mostly the bars and restaurants strewn across the streets and by the lakeside. Sadly, we stayed only for a night and tried to make the most of the time we had there with some of us renting out bicycles, some hiking, and others just exploring the lakeside.

This time around in 2014, with more freedom to plan the trip, me and three of my friends (who have never visited Pokhara before) opted to stay there for 5 nights. I still cannot fathom how we landed at Siddharta. I was a little anxious when we were driving up there as all I could think about was the lakeside. And that changed forever when we arrived at Siddharta.

Meeting Ishwor and his family up-close, me and my friends were overwhelmed by their genuine hospitality, Ishwor's passion and love for nature, their organic garden with home-grown vegetables and fruits of every kind that you can imagine. The spacious, comfortable and rustic rooms we were given were a real treat after the tiny hotel rooms of Thamel.

And it just gets better and better. We had three levels of the rooftop all to our selves with a heavenly view. Everything was so green. We were literally living amidst the clouds. Getting wet in the rain on our first day was one of the highlights of our trip. Another was when we had a clear night and saw stars as we have never seen before.

Ishwor's life and his family are a true inspiration. The kindest and most hospitable people we had the pleasure to meet. He was so in tune with nature and his energy is just contagious. We thoroughly enjoyed talking to him and listening to him laugh.

He and his wife took care of us like we were part of the family. The best barbecue of my life was cooked by Ishwor and his wife. On our last day, Ishwor took us near a village restaurant in Sarangkot. They use and cook the whole chicken on fire and spread it out in a variation of four to five dishes served with hand-crushed spice paste.

Anyone who is looking to be at a home, away from home, I would truly recommend this place. The lakeside is very accessible by foot through a built-in trail and by taxi but trust me, this gem with its view from the top is bound to make you forget about the world. I have never been more happier in my life before as I was here. Pokhara will never cease to amaze me. Can't wait to come back again!

Room Tip: All the rooms are amazing with breath-taking views.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Alifiyah I
Ishwor_Thapa, Owner at Siddhartha Garden Ayurveda, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation and high praise for siddhartha garden ayurveda. We aim at continual improvement and assure you that your future stay with us even more pleasurable.

regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

It is a piece of heaven in the earth.The location is awesome .The hospitality by Iswor and his family is beyond imagination.The view of Fewa lake as well as Fishtail peak is beyond comparison.The food quality is brilliant,we even cooked in their kitchen.The birthday party of one of our little member celebrated there.Ishwor even arranged birthday cake there.We will never forget the celebration.It is also a nice place for bird watching......nos of different birds cab be seen.We will go back there in next trip.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank SoumenDas
ashmita123, none at Siddhartha Garden Ayurveda, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

We are happy that you had a pleasant experience at siddhartha garden ayurveda. We will keep on working hard to make siddhartha garden ayurveda a better place for your future stay. Thank you for your kind compliments.

Ishwor

Reviewed 7 May 2014

From the moment we first arrived at Siddhartha Garden Ishwor and his lovely family made us feel at home.

Pokhara is an amazing place and one of the best things about Siddhatha Garden is the location. Sure, it's a bit outside of town but it's easily accessible by taxi and completely worth it for the warmth of the hospitality, friendliness and views.

We were close enough to visit town in the day, and explore the surrounding areas, but when we were at Siddhartha Garden it felt like we were a world away.

When we woke up in the night after a day of cloud to see the whole Annapurna range clearly just by going up a few stairs at the back entrance. It was a highlight of our whole trip to to Nepal.

The accommodation was very comfortable, and it felt extremely peaceful. Siddhartha's looks out onto a beautiful green valley and they have an amazing garden with lots of fresh veggies - and plenty of marigolds and butterflies!

Then there's the food! The momos... were legendery, as was everything we ate there. I even had a lesson from the lovely ladies.

Nothing was too much trouble for Ishwor, family and staff. One of my fondest memory was the BBQ we had with them one night on the terrace.

I've uploaded some photos to share our great experience staying at Siddhartha's Garden.

If you're looking for a quiet spot with amazing views and good hospitality and food, do yourself a favour and stay here.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the rooms away from the main building and really enjoyed that.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gemmadeavin
Ishwor_Thapa, Manager at Siddhartha Garden Ayurveda, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Thank you for your kind feedback. We will continue to work like this and we hope you will have even more good experience that next time you.
Thank you for your kind compliments.

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Me and my friend went up for a late lunch. Ishwor, the owner, and his family are very welcoming, sincere and caring. It felt like visiting relatives. And then came the food. I had veg momos and the easiest way to describe my experience eating them - the best!!! Honestly, if you want to try real momos, this is the place :)
Plus they grow their own veggies and fruit. The owner even gave us bananas from his garden. Needless to say they were amazing.
Plus it's very serene and fresh up there. Beautiful views, interesting birds and if you get lucky, you might even hear or spot a leopard ;)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank RareRedLily

Ishwor

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Had a really relaxing and perfect 3 nights staying at the SGA - its truly a magical experience the views the silence and the amazing warm and genuine hospitality provided by the very charming Ishwor and his lovely family. I cannot recommend it highly enough for people who wish to get away and enjoy some great home cooking and be surrounded by the majesty of the Himalayas.
A walk down to the lake and back is highly recommended and take in the Peace Pagoda early in the morning or at sun set. Watching dawn break over the mountain range was the highlight on the last day and was sad to leave.
I loved the fact the power was down most evenings and no TV to distract from being close to nature.
Thanks Mr Ishwor for being such an amazing host and to your lovely wife and daughters. I will be back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends