See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 September 2015

Background: Rounding out the homestretch of a two-week escorted tour of Northern India and Nepal, our tour group stayed one night at this newish boutique hotel in Pokhara.

PROS: Location... location... location is its best asset. The hotel is set off a couple of blocks from the main street so that it is mere steps from the main action but, at the same time, far enough from the maddening drunken tourist crowd. The rooms are clean, larger than expected and had the usual perks: A/C, TV, some balconies with great views, etc. Having free WiFi and curbside parking is a bonus. Customer service is generally friendly, helpful and accommodating. They arranged for a ride as well as accepted payment for my paragliding excursion with Babu Adventures. They also encouraged us to participate in the Hindu festival known as the "Festival of Light" or Deepawali. Here, candles, lanterns and colored tinsel are used to decorate homes over a three-day period. The first day is the main festival of light where people welcome the goddess of wealth, Laxmi, into their homes for good fortune in the coming year. We made a design using coloured powder on the hotel's front steps . The following day is for self-blessing, wishes towards a healthy and happy new year. On the final day, sisters make offerings to their brothers. Ranging from £16 - £36 per night for a standard room (add £3 for breakfast) and £23 - £43 per night for a deluxe room, it is at par compared to its peers for its 3-star rating.

CONS: A few come to mind -- First, the hotel's façade is quite non-descript that a large sign is your best ally in finding the building, especially at night. Second, for a multi-storey building, there are no lifts and so you'll have to carry your luggage with you up a staircase. Also, there were no lights on the staircase so carry a torch with you at night. Third, the WiFi signal is weak and spotty at best that I had to go down to reception to use it. Fourth, there's barely an in-house restaurant (just room service) but meals can be arranged beforehand. The breakfast, btw, is a la carte (not continental), in small portions, consists of coffee/tea, small egg, veggie dish, etc and is largely forgettable. Fifth, they have a small crew which means that they're often understaffed and would pull staff to do other things when needed (such as cook breakfast). Last, expect power outtages but I think this is more a Nepal-wide problem anyways. The generators can be very loud at night.

TIP: Perhaps, higher floors can be quieter but at the expense of you carrying your own luggage.

Verdict: There you have it -- The pros balance out the cons. I'm not such a fussy traveler and I can put up with a lot. So long as you're not expecting 7-star standards on a 3-star hotel, this hotel is perfectly doable for longer stays. It is actually a nice hotel, just choose your room and eat elsewhere. Grade B++.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Eternal_Nomad_12
Reviewed 21 May 2015 via mobile

Good hotel to stay for a long time. Frendly & helpful personal, very clean rooms, nice hall, beautyful mountain and city view from rooftop. This hotel have tasty cuisine and tourist agency in! I enjoyed this place for 2 months :)

Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank VZakh
Reviewed 31 March 2015

Room 401 is a very nice room with an awesome balcony wherein you can just hang out and watch the area unfold during the day. The room is very spacious for me and the price per night is very reasonable. They provide free breakfast but it's not continental style. Only one item in the menu is free breakfast. Also, they provide free wifi but it's hard to get a strong signal if you're inside your room. I have to hang out by the stairs to get a signal.

Room Tip: request for room 401...
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 March 2015

Room 203, nice room with a single and a double, average bathroom. Strangely couldn't operate the fan without having a light on (this seems to be a common occurance in India/Nepal) but it had aircon as well. Hot water seemed on most times. Beds were comfortable. there was a generator noise I could hear (but earplugs rock). Wifi in lobby areas only. Didn't really have much dealings with the staff but they were always pleasant. I would avoid breakfast here, nothing special at all, much better places close by.

Room Tip: A higher floor might cut down on the generator noise.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 March 2015

Big spacious rooms with a great view! Stayed here as part of a group tour. Great location, handy to all the shops, bars, restaurants and the lake.
Downside: Often no hot water, no power, no lights on staircase so we used our flashlights on our phones all the way to the 4th floor. Also no lift! They were seriously understaffed so if anyone ordered breakfast then all 3-4 staff would be in their kitchen while the reception was unmanned.
One morning I asked the guy on reception where their restaurant was and he told me there was none and that I'd have to order room service, gave me a menu and told me to choose what I wanted when right there. When I chose something he said "Oh noooo. You can't have that." and laughed! I was confused so ordered French fries and hash browns which took over an hour to arrive, by which time the rest of my group were now back and eating breakfast in the hotels restaurant!

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends