“PARA-GLIDE WITH A BIRD OF PREY!!!”
Review of Parahawking - MOVED

Parahawking
More attraction details
Owner description: Parahawking is paragliding with a trained bird of prey. It was pioneered in Pokhara, Nepal by renowned bird trainer and paraglider, Scott Mason. Rescued and rehabilitated raptors such as Egyptian Vultures are trained as part of an award winning enrichment program, to fly with paragliders and, by using their incredible ability to conserve energy, can guide the paragliders to the best thermals. They will then land on the passengers gloved hand for an inflight reward. Parahawking is a perfect mix of adventure, eco-tourism and conservation. A Parahawking Tandem Experience is more than just a paragliding flight with a trained bird, it's an education into vultures and the problems they face in the wild. Proceeds from Parahawking tandem flights go directly towards vulture conservation projects in Nepal.
Reviewed 27 November 2016

My partner saw this place in a Nepal guide book and we knew we had to try it. Amazing experience following Kevin the Egyptian Vulture to the best thermals and having him land on your arm mid-flight for snacks as rewards. Amazing experience from pick up to landing. As they sorted through to find the best photos we had a tea and got to meet the other birds and learn about the steep decline of vultures in Asia due to a drug used in the treatment of livestock that kills them.Great that we can enjoy a amazing experience knowing that some our money is going towards helping conservation of these these amazing creatures. Amazing learning experience as well as a great adventure. Once in a lifetime experience i will never forgot. If you are going to spend 125 USD to Para-glide anyways spend the extra and go Para-hawking trust me you will not regret it! All pilots are top notch!

1  Thank EnMatF

Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

I planned a holiday to Nepal after seeing a YouTube video on parahawking and I was not disappointed! It was the highlight of the holiday. I really enjoyed spending time flying the birds in the morning and learning some falconry as part of the VIP package.
The staff were very knowledgeable, friendly and experienced.
During the paragliding part I felt very safe and peaceful in the skies. Can't wait to go again!

1  Thank Nadine B
Reviewed 23 November 2016

This was an experience of a life time. Sailing, feeding and watching these birds fly was heart warming and afterwards we were education on the differences between hawks and vultures. This one on one was good to know how many birds there are, how they live, how they are being helped and protected. I even bought the DVD of my ride.

1  Thank fregeau_theresa
Reviewed 17 November 2016

The year I turned 50, I wanted to do something adventurous, so I jumped out of an airplane from 14,000 feet. It was exciting, a bit scary, and incredibly exhilarating. It was fun, and remains a good story, but I’ve not felt the desire to do it again.

Turning 60, this year, it was time for another airborne adventure. I chose paragliding in Nepal. Could there be anything better than flying with a view of the beautiful Himalayas and the green Pokhara valley below?

The short answer is, YES!

Parahawking is so much more than “just” paragliding, (and maybe not surprisingly), incredibly spiritually uplifting. Bob and Kevin, our host Egyptian Vultures, graciously welcomed us to share their heavenly realm. We literally flew with these majestic beings. The scenery, as breathtaking as it was, became a pleasant side effect. My husband and I were fortunate enough to be able to enjoy 2 flights, one each with Bob and Kevin.

The human hosts of this amazing adventure, Scott and Anita Mason, graciously received us into their home at Maya Devi Village. Their warm hospitality and effort to ensure our stay was everything we’d hoped, will be remembered, shared, and appreciated.

Scott along with zoologist Kat Smith added to this wonderful flying experience a unique educational opportunity to learn about the plight of the vultures as well as the conservation efforts being made to save them, topped off with a chance to personally interact with the vultures, Bob, Kevin and Simon, and to “fly” and feed the beautiful Black Kites, made this honestly a life-changing 4 days.

The pilots who flew us, Buddi and AJ, were amazing; professional yet kind and friendly. They made, even our first flight, before and during, comfortable, effortless and relaxed.

Thank you Scott, Anita, Kat, AJ, Buddi, Shiva and the entire staff at Maya Devi, for your passion, knowledge, true love of the birds and kind willingness to share. We are ever grateful. We will definitely be back.