“Unforgettable, amazing, unique experience!”
Review of Parahawking - MOVED

Parahawking
More attraction details
Owner description: Parahawking is paragliding with a trained bird of prey. It was pioneered in Pokhara, Nepal by renowned bird trainer and paraglider, Scott Mason. Rescued and rehabilitated raptors such as Egyptian Vultures are trained as part of an award winning enrichment program, to fly with paragliders and, by using their incredible ability to conserve energy, can guide the paragliders to the best thermals. They will then land on the passengers gloved hand for an inflight reward. Parahawking is a perfect mix of adventure, eco-tourism and conservation. A Parahawking Tandem Experience is more than just a paragliding flight with a trained bird, it's an education into vultures and the problems they face in the wild. Proceeds from Parahawking tandem flights go directly towards vulture conservation projects in Nepal.
Reviewed 26 January 2017

Not only is this experience simply unforgettable, but the organisation itself does such great things and it was a pleasure to meet them all (birds included).
Set in the beautiful lakeside village of Maya Devi (happy village) just outside of Pokhara, Parahwaking HQ is a cool and relaxed spot to relax before you hit the air. You meet the team, the birds and then drive up the mountain with Shiva, Scott and one of their birds, in my case Bob the Egyptian vulture. We got the full debrief before we went and then we were off. Stunning area, lakes, mountains, cities, fellow paragliders, other vultures and birds of prey, and after soaking up one of the best views in nepal it's a gradual glide back down to HQ.
Ajay was a fab tandem pilot, calm and professional.
Will definitely be back at parahawking on my next visit to Nepal.

Reviewed 13 January 2017

We are so fortunate and honored that we were able to book a Parahawking experience with Scott, AJ, and Kevin the Egyptian Vulture! While making our plans to Nepal months in advance Parahawking was on our short list of "must make work" while backpacking around the country. Knowing that they only book 2 flights a day, and we had a short time in Pokhara before our trek began I reached out to see what was available.

Scott replied to my email within 24 hours and after a few days of back and forth - we were able to settle on a date and time. Woohoo! We made our deposit on paypal, received all confirmation and we just counted down the days until this once in a lifetime experience.

The morning of we were notified that our booking would be pushed back an hour due to weather conditions - no big deal at all - safety first and we wanted a good wind for our flight. We were promptly picked up with Kevin in the car and Scott was so gracious to answer all of my question (and I had a lot!).

Our flight began high in the mountains, we took off and soared over the valley feeding Kevin and taking in the beautiful sites. It was breathtaking and Kevin had no problem flying alongside of us and landing briefly every few minutes for some yummy buffalo meat.

Upon landing right outside the conservation property, along a very beautiful lakefront, we met Cat where we learned all about the birds of prey and Vulture conservation efforts in Nepal. Vultures and other birds of prey have a bad reputation, but are key in balancing the delicate ecosystem here. I walked away with a story, but even more important, learning a very valuable lesson about the balance of our ecosystem that I am able to share with others.

We talked, had some yummy tea, met other birds, learned a lot, and walked away with an experience that we will be telling our grandkids about. I can not say enough amazing things about Scott and his efforts.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE who made this day memorable. I hope to be back to do it again.

Side note - I do recommend booking directly with Scott and the Parahawking Project. Part of our trip was planned through an adventure company who tried to get us to book a normal Paragliding tour through one of their partners.. they even went so far as telling us that Parahawking was illegal. I made sure to do plenty of research, they are legit and after visiting their property and learning so much about the conservation efforts, there isn't any other way I'd rather spend my money.

1  Thank Annie C
Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

Worth every penny. It was so so amazing. I've never felt so high on life! Scott was brilliant and the flight was so smooth. I'm petrified of heights, but I took it in my stride. Afterall, it's a once in a lifetime experience that's unique to Nepal. You also learn about vulture conservation which is fascinating. The work they do is incredible and it's evident there's great care and joy in their work. Running off a mountain with a man on your back is just immense. Having the vultures coming and feeding of your hand is absolutely amazing.
The best best best experience. Definitely one for everyone's bucket list.
Thanks so much to Scott and Co.

1  Thank Aislinn N
Reviewed 29 December 2016

My husband and I planned our entire 11 day Nepal trip through Scott Mason, the owner of Parahawking. Scott set up our hotels in Katmandu, our local travel, and a five day trek to Poon Hill in addition to the three night Bird of Prey Experience, Parahawking, and lodging at Maya Devi Village. We were more than pleased with the entire trip and the services provided. Parahawking, Bird of Prey Experience, and Poon Hill at sunset were great. Maya Devi Village was our home base and was very comfortable and the food was excellent. Scott was a great host and even helped us book a river rafting trip on an unexpected free day. I would definitely recommend staying at Maya Devi Village and getting to know the birds (Kevin and Bob) before and after Parahawking as it truly make the experience all the better.

1  Thank SCCarberry