“Awesome”

Himalayan Guest House
Ranked #102 of 273 Pokhara B&B and Inns
“Awesome”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Had an awesome time in pokhara with the company of himalayan guest house.. felt home coming.. the best feeling is the warmth of love from the staff members of the hotel. The quality of bedroom and the freshness of garden is great too. Loved the silent enviroment of the hotel. I rate them five stars in all department.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I stayed in this guest house for a month, and was very well looked after with room service, free wifi, cozy dining room, room cleaning as often as you need, and a great location. It was a very peaceful place with super friendly staff. I had a great time there!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank cevds
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We were recommended the Himalayan Guest House by a Nepalese friend in Kathmandu. We didn't know what to expect when we pulled into Pokhara on the bus and we were about to take a taxi when a man called our names. Turns out Bissow, the hotel manager had come to pick us up. We were brought back to the hotel and given a choice of rooms as it was the low season. Our room is bright, clean, spacious, with a fan and a/c. The beds are clean and by far the most comfortable we came across during our 6 week trip to Nepal and India. It gets better, the shower was powerful, hot, and we had soap that actually formed a lather, much unlike the wax like substance we got in most other places. In the 2 and a half weeks we stayed here we tried much of the food on the menu, which is mainly traditional nepalese fare. When you see local people come in to eat at a restaurant, you know you're on a winner. I especially recommend the dal bhat, Nepal's national dish as well as the chicken momo's and banana lassi, all freshly made to order. The breakfast is a real treat, juice, tea or coffee, choice of eggs, pancake, sausage, porridge, muesli etc. We stayed here in July (off season) and we were extremely happy with the value for money we got, not just for the accommodation, but food and drink. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the lakeside shops, bars, and everything else, which makes it central but also quiet, with it's gardens and outdoor seating area. However the best thing about this place is the people. The staff are super helpful, without being overbearing. My wife got bad sunburn and one of the staff cut her some fresh aloe Vera from the hotel garden to cool the burn every morning. They also booked a paragliding trip for me at short notice. The manager, Mr. Bissow, a happy and relaxed kind of guy, went out of his way to make sure we were comfortable and happy. He even took us for a hike up to the peace pagoda with his lovely wife and kids. In short, this is a real home away from home, and when we come back in the cold season we will definetly stay here again. Can't recommend the hotel, the food, the staff, and the manager highly enough.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank max_and_annamarie
Pokhara, Nepal
Reviewed 30 June 2013

My friend and I have been staying at the Himalayan Guest House for about 3 months now and I can honestly say that it’s been a great experience.

The guest house is located in the heart of Lakeside but far enough away from the main street so that noise isn’t a problem and it’s easy to get a good night sleep. The rooms are very comfortable, with fans, hot water, and a room-cleaning service whenever you request it, there is also an adjoining restaurant called the Himalayan Kitchen, which is reasonably priced and offers a good variety of dishes, we eat breakfast and dinner here most days and the food is always good.
On clear days there is a beautiful view of the Himalayas and the lovely garden area is a great place to relax, but what really makes the Himalayan Guest House a great place to stay is the wonderful and dedicated staff, they are all incredibly welcoming and have treated us as a friends since we got here, even taking the time to teach us Nepali whenever they have a spare moment.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank sanja_copo_96
Pokhara, Nepal
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I first arrived here 2nd April 2013 (currently 13th June 2013). After over 2 months stay I can happily say that it is a fantastic experience. The staff are incredibly hard workers and extremely friendly. They are more than willing to help you at the drop of a hat. I ask for my room to be cleaned periodically, and within a few minutes two staff have started cleaning. They have all helped me learn Nepali and have always been polite. I now like to view them as friends rather than staff members.

The food is good. The staff will even bring it to your room if you request it, and pick up the dishes after. Fishtail mountain is viewable on clear days, and if you wish to climb Sarangkot to view the Himalayan ranges (highly recommended) Maya will organise a taxi to take you up.

The guest house is about a 5 minute walk to Lakeside Chowk (where all the shops / restaurants etc are) and roughly 10 minute walk to the lake.

Something I also enjoy are that the rooms contain fans, yay!

The only grudge (a small one) is that the room we were given lacks places to put your items. There is a wardrobe that contains 5 coathangers, but there aren't hooks on the walls. (There is also a table in the room) This could just be our room, and considering everything else I've never really considered it much of a problem.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jabes88
Pokhara
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I've stayed here for almost two months and it feels like home. The staff really make it. They're tireless and friendly all the time and make delicious food. They've been teaching me Nepali and treating me as a friend since I got here. Alisha, Maya, Prem, Ramesh, Codgi, Ashok and everyone else are prime.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Linda H
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 24 October 2012

This was a wonderful place to stay! The staff were very helpful and friendly and it is in a great location. During the day, you can wander down to the lake and enjoy the attractions of Pokhara; at the end of the day you can eat lovely food in the Himalayan Kitchen and enjoy the free wifi. Really great prices for excellent rooms; hot and cold water. Can't stress enough how helpful and happy the staff were - would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo