I'd like to start by saying that I travel a lot, I use Trip Advisor a lot so it's important to me to make my contributions about wherever I stay in a truthful manner.
Travelling to The Fulbari Resort from the airport is an experience in itself - the area is very poor, the people are poor, there are open drains running alongside the road, the road is very rough and then you arrive at the hotel which is an oasis of calm and cleanliness!
We had a bedroom overlooking the lovely gardens and the mountains beyond. We were a group of about 12 people on a golf tour - believe it or not!! We started in Nepal then travelled to India, Sri Lanka and The Maldives so it was the start of quite a long trip. We chose Fulbari because it has a 9 hole golf course attached to the hotel. The course has the potential to be quite spectacular but in truth it was just grim. The only hole with a mown fairway was the first hole and after that all the fairways were pretty much deep rough and very difficult to play. Going back to the Par3 1st hole I overshot the green with my drive and thought no problem I'll just go find my ball and chip it back. Wrong! When you get to the other side of the green there is a drop (unmarked, no fence, no warning) and it's not for the faint hearted. It is a sheer drop into a valley hundreds and hundreds of feet below you. The other course is The Himalayas Course and it is in the Top 10 most unusual courses in the world and it was incredible.
So, back to the resort hotel. Breakfast was chaos. There was a conference on and when we went down for our breakfast we had to queue for over 20 minutes to get some food but everything had run out and it was just chaos. I think I ended up with a bit of toast. The coffee was revolting. All in all a very bad experience and the next morning wasn't really any better although this time the hotel had put out an extra table full of food outside but it really wasn't great. We ate in the resort on our first night as it was too late to go anywhere else. It was a buffet and it was fine.
We went into Pokhara for dinner and we had a very good supper at Moondance which I had noted down from Trip Advisor. It was very clean, good service, delicious food, not expensive apart from the wine but they had a good choice of decent wines and given the location it should be quite pricey!!
The spa at the hotel is lovely - i had a great massage which erased my aches and pains from the three flights we had taken to get there.
All in all, it's a good hotel. It's peaceful. Pretty gardens. Very quiet so if you are after a lively time this is not the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the Great Hotels of the World, The Fulbari Resort & Spa is Nepal's only deluxe 5 Star Resort. Brainchild of promoter, Mr. Piyush Bahadur Amatya, The Fulbari Resort & Spa was envisioned to be Nepal's most luxurious and exclusive property, offering amenities that a modern world-weary traveler can desire. Re-imagining architectural wonders of Nepal's golden age, The Fulbari Resort & Spa stands as a testament of the beauty espoused by ancient Newari kings of Kathmandu Valley. Complementing the traditional Newari architecture, The Fulbari Resort & Spa also offers unparallel panoramas of Fishtail and Annapurna mountain ranges to the north, and the breathtaking Seti River Gorges to the South. The resort offers 165 exquisitely appointed deluxe rooms and suites. The rooms offer incomparable style and elegance, decorated with traditional Hindu and Buddhist artworks. All rooms feature floor-to-ceiling windows and private balconies to allow breathtaking views of the resort's landscaped gardens and the Himalayas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Fulbari Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fulbari Resort Casino, Golf And Spa
- The Fulbari Resort Casino, Golf Hotel Pokhara
- Fulbari Hotel Nepal
- The Fulbari Hotel