“Friendly hotel”

Hotel Family Home
Ranked #31 of 105 Hotels in Pokhara
“Friendly hotel”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Modern, clean and very comfortable room with excellent views. Good value for money. Breakfast is filling. Staff are very friendly and will organise pick up from bus station. Quick 5 minute walk to main street with shops, restaurants, etc.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Shykat99
Ajay G, Manager at Hotel Family Home, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely response.We are doing our best to provide our valued service to our valuable guests. we really appreciate the effort and time you have given in order to write this review.We wish to see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Dhulikhel, Nepal
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 6 nights in total (due to a failed trekking trip) and loved it. The room was very clean, sunny with a nice view of pokhara and the lake with a very clean bathroom. The ac worked most of the time, so that the room was never really hot. The staff was always very friendly and helpful, organised bustickts and let us use their telephone for important calls.
After coming back from a horrible trekking expierience (monsoon season) they welcomed us very warm without asking questions and organised a room within minutes.
We strongly recommend staying in this nice and not too expensive home.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 4th floor have a really nice view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Overall I'm satisfied with this place. Good location and the staff is friendly. Breakfast is good.

The only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is because I hate roaches and I spotted two in my room, though admittedly it was partially my fault. I was snacking on some nuts and before I went to bed, I put it on the small table next to the head of the bed. I closed the bag, but I guess that wasn't enough. Lo and behold as I was trying to sleep I hear something crawling next to me and turn on the lights and find two roaches trying to get into the bag of nuts. I immediately throw away the bag of nuts and since then, didn't see any more.

So moral of the story: don't eat nuts in the room, then you'll be fine.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank pauliwago
Reviewed 9 June 2014

me and my partner stayed here for 4 days, it was like a dream stay in hotel family home. it is a real family home in every manner, staff was very helpful and nice, the manager of the hotel AJAY i can never forget him he is among one of the best guys i ever met. our stay was like a dream came true, we had been taken care by the staff in every way. rooms are very tidy and clean, superb service, food is good n hygienic. we collected lots of green memories there and will come back next year for sure.

Thanks to ajay, arjun and the whole staff for great affection and took us in brace during our stay :) cheers!

Adeel

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Excellent place to stay in USD33 or INR 1950 in Jun 2014.
Positives:
1. Good and central location
2. Neat and clean
3. Safe
4. Good breakfast
Limitation:
As most of the time electricity is not there in the city, they will switch ON the generator from 6PM to 10AM only. And you will have to request for that too!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kunal_world
札幌
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here 3nights.

Room was very clean and tidy,good location.
And all staff were pretty friendly and kind!

I really enjoyed my stay.
I will stay here absolutely when I go to Pokhara next time.

Perfect hostel,thank you for a great time!

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank tomo3i
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. The hotel accommodation was part of the Annapurna Base Camp trek package which Himalayan Planet Adventures prepared for me, and I'm glad they booked me here. I had a great room on the second floor with all the basic comforts I could ask for.

Free wifi, excellent A/C, clean sheets and good bathroom are enough to keep me satisfied. Hotel staff were always ready to help, and I love how they greeted me at the breakfast area. The place is indeed very homey, and just a stone's throw away from the main streets of Pokhara. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo